This hotel most definitely falls under the 5+ Star category! From the minute the room was booked, until we were dropped off at the airport after only a short one night stay, everything was taken care of with the utmost attention.
I initially booked the hotel because of the many great reviews I read about it on every hotel booking and review site I looked at. On Tripadvisor, I specifically read one great review that the general manager of the hotel had personally responded to and left his personal email address in case of any future needs or if the reviewer had any coming that way and needed lodging. The review specifically talked about the E-Concierge service that they provided and I thought it would be great to have somebody help us book our short one night, one full day visit to the falls, especially since we were only 3 days away from our flight into the falls. So, immediately after booking, I emailed, the manager, Pablo Curtosi, whose address I got off the TripAdvisor review, and explained our situation and asked about the E-Concierge service. He replied to me within 3 hours and forwarded my request to the E-Concierge, Lila Green. Lila put together a proposed itinerary for our trip with quoted prices for each transfer, excursion and service needed. She included optional tours and excursions that outside companies offered, and she clearly did not gain any sort of commission from. Her itinerary was perfect and I went with everything she recommended.
Upon arrival in Foz de Iguassu on the Brazilian side of the falls, a driver was waiting for us at the airport and took us through immigration and we were at the hotel within 20 minutes. At the front desk, the staff already was aware of our itinerary and confirmed the details with us at check in and apologized that Pablo, the General Manager was not there in person at the time to greet us and assured us that he would find us before we left. The facilities are absolutely immaculate and include an outdoor heated pool, an indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna, full spa treatments, a fitness room with equipment that is actually worth using and the landscape was second to none. The grounds were essentially a beautiful park, with a lake, cascading into a lower lake, and walkways and seating all around. It's really too bad it was raining the day we were there. The room was amazing and very spacious. Truly a luxury hotel. The view out over the lakes of the hotel grounds really is hard to beat. Definitely a well kept and serviced hotel.
The hotel's bellhops were especially helpful and much more knowledgeable than one would expect. They spoke perfect English and gave us a walking tour of the hotel on the way to the room. Even when the reception desk was busy, they were taking care of guest issues themselves and ensured everything was taken care of.
Pablo clearly knows how to manage this hotel. His staff was incredible and he had a genuine personal interest in making sure his guests were being taken care of. In fact, when we were checking out, he finally caught up to us and asked us how everything went and if there was anything he could do to help us anymore. He asked where we were heading to next and where we were staying to see if he knew any people at the hotels we would be staying at. He knew the manager of the hotel we were going to be at in El Calafate in Patagonia and contacted him to make sure we were taken care of during our stay there. He sent me 3 or 4 emails after we had already left the hotel and had stayed only one night. The E-Concierge, Lila, contacted me about tours and excursions in our follow on destinations and recommended tour agencies to go through and recommendations of what to do. It is definitely rare to see a business of any type to follow through with customers to the extent that they did and with very little to gain from a couple staying only one night. It would be almost foolish to visit Iguazu Falls and stay elsewhere. It would almost be foolish to stay at Iguazu Grand for only one night!
The only complaint from our stay here was the attentiveness of the wait staff in the restaurant. Our waiter was quite slow and inattentive to our table even with a fairly empty restaurant (we ate early). This was brought to Pablo's attention and he was very professional in apologizing for the faults and grateful for the feedback that can help his hotel improve. This was a very minor blemish in our experience at the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 15 minutes away from the Iguazu National Park and 20 minutes from the Puerto Iguazu Airport, the Iguazu Grand Resort Spa & Casino is the most luxurious hotel in the city of Puerto Iguazu, Argentina. It offers a wide range of activities for the whole family. Our playland is specially designed for children under 5. It has a playground with a ball pit, a mini-theatre, a soft playground, a bouncy castle and many recreational activities. Our Kids/Teens area has Playstations, Nintendo, Wii, computers, table tennis and foosball. The recreational team organizes great activities every day such as pool games, mini-golf, big-sized chess, climbing wall and zip line, themed parties, mini-chef cooking activities, juggling classes and art workshops. Our Spa del Paraiso offers different therapeutic treatments, massage, a water circuit that includes sauna, steam room, Scottish shower, relaxing room, indoor pool and a Roman bath. We invite you to discover the Iguazu Grand Resort Spa & Casino, one of the most well-known hotels in Argentina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iguazu Grand Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iguazu Grand Resort, Spa And Casino
- Iguazu Grand Hotel Puerto Iguazu
- Iguazu Grand Puerto