“There are hotels that claim five stars and there are hotels that are five stars”

Iguazu Grand Resort, Spa & Casino
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Puerto Iguazu
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2009

This hotel most definitely falls under the 5+ Star category! From the minute the room was booked, until we were dropped off at the airport after only a short one night stay, everything was taken care of with the utmost attention.

I initially booked the hotel because of the many great reviews I read about it on every hotel booking and review site I looked at. On Tripadvisor, I specifically read one great review that the general manager of the hotel had personally responded to and left his personal email address in case of any future needs or if the reviewer had any coming that way and needed lodging. The review specifically talked about the E-Concierge service that they provided and I thought it would be great to have somebody help us book our short one night, one full day visit to the falls, especially since we were only 3 days away from our flight into the falls. So, immediately after booking, I emailed, the manager, Pablo Curtosi, whose address I got off the TripAdvisor review, and explained our situation and asked about the E-Concierge service. He replied to me within 3 hours and forwarded my request to the E-Concierge, Lila Green. Lila put together a proposed itinerary for our trip with quoted prices for each transfer, excursion and service needed. She included optional tours and excursions that outside companies offered, and she clearly did not gain any sort of commission from. Her itinerary was perfect and I went with everything she recommended.

Upon arrival in Foz de Iguassu on the Brazilian side of the falls, a driver was waiting for us at the airport and took us through immigration and we were at the hotel within 20 minutes. At the front desk, the staff already was aware of our itinerary and confirmed the details with us at check in and apologized that Pablo, the General Manager was not there in person at the time to greet us and assured us that he would find us before we left. The facilities are absolutely immaculate and include an outdoor heated pool, an indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna, full spa treatments, a fitness room with equipment that is actually worth using and the landscape was second to none. The grounds were essentially a beautiful park, with a lake, cascading into a lower lake, and walkways and seating all around. It's really too bad it was raining the day we were there. The room was amazing and very spacious. Truly a luxury hotel. The view out over the lakes of the hotel grounds really is hard to beat. Definitely a well kept and serviced hotel.

The hotel's bellhops were especially helpful and much more knowledgeable than one would expect. They spoke perfect English and gave us a walking tour of the hotel on the way to the room. Even when the reception desk was busy, they were taking care of guest issues themselves and ensured everything was taken care of.

Pablo clearly knows how to manage this hotel. His staff was incredible and he had a genuine personal interest in making sure his guests were being taken care of. In fact, when we were checking out, he finally caught up to us and asked us how everything went and if there was anything he could do to help us anymore. He asked where we were heading to next and where we were staying to see if he knew any people at the hotels we would be staying at. He knew the manager of the hotel we were going to be at in El Calafate in Patagonia and contacted him to make sure we were taken care of during our stay there. He sent me 3 or 4 emails after we had already left the hotel and had stayed only one night. The E-Concierge, Lila, contacted me about tours and excursions in our follow on destinations and recommended tour agencies to go through and recommendations of what to do. It is definitely rare to see a business of any type to follow through with customers to the extent that they did and with very little to gain from a couple staying only one night. It would be almost foolish to visit Iguazu Falls and stay elsewhere. It would almost be foolish to stay at Iguazu Grand for only one night!

The only complaint from our stay here was the attentiveness of the wait staff in the restaurant. Our waiter was quite slow and inattentive to our table even with a fairly empty restaurant (we ate early). This was brought to Pablo's attention and he was very professional in apologizing for the faults and grateful for the feedback that can help his hotel improve. This was a very minor blemish in our experience at the hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Suffolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2009

We had a 3-day stay here to visit the Falls. The hotel is bright, attractive, spacious and quite luxurious, and the service especially from all front of house staff was absolutely first class. Our Junior Suite in the newer wing was comfortably large (40sqm), quiet and overlooked attractive gardens with waterfalls (not THE waterfalls!). We used hotel cars for pick up from Puerto Iguazu airport, trips to the Falls, both Argentinian and Brazilian sides, local trips to restaurants and the Hito Tres Fronteras viewpoint (where the Iguazu and Parana rivers meet and you can stand in Argentina and look across to Brazil and Paraguay), and finally over the border to Foz do Iguassu airport for our flight to Sao Paulo. Every time the cars were dead on time, the drivers were very courteous and took care of all border crossing formalities for us. The hotel staff were right on the ball in knowing exactly what services we had prebooked and a lot of the credit for the whole experience has to go to Lila Green who operates the hotel's e-Concierge service. Only downside was that breakfast could have been a bit more 'exciting', but I think they are working on that. All round, a great hotel experience to complement the breathtaking Iguazu Falls.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
PanoramicQuality, E-Concierge at Iguazu Grand Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, January 21, 2010
Dear Oaktreesuffolk,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to upload your wonderful review. I am very glad to hear I was able to assist you with your trip's organisation.

Please do let me know if you happen to visit us soon or if you have any acquaintances that will so that I contact them in advance.

Best regards,
Lila Green
e-concierge@iguazugrandhotel.com
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2009

We had been told that this was the best hotel in Iguazu and having looked at some of the others in the area, we agree. With its huge pools and tropical gardens, spacious open public areas and comfortable rooms this was a very relaxing place to spend a couple of nights. The service was great and the staff very friendly and helpful. Conversing in English was not a problem.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Hyderabad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2009

Very polite and courteous staff. The lobby restaurant is a wonderful place to just sit around as they play amazing soft music. Very quite and old hotel but somehow very cosy. Casino is a major attraction. Very helpful concierge. Service to the falls was very good.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank GOD1975
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2009

When I discovered that close to Iguazù Falls there was a LHW hotel, all the doubts about paying or not an high price for a room in one of the 2 hotels inside the National Park very close to the falls immediately disappeared.
I recently stayed 3 nights at this hotel and from the moment I entered into the lobby I understood it was the right decision.
The Grand is really grand.
Aftre booking my room, I e-mailed their concierge in order to have some proposals for a driver service once I were there. I had already written to many local agencies but nobody was able to offer a good solution. In a few hours their E-Concierge sent me a very detailed e-mail containing the prices I required for my transfers and some additional and very useful information about the hotel and the area. They also offered a 30% of discount in case of advance booking for dining at their restaurant El Jardin. I made some additional questions and once again I received very accurate and quick answers. A really surprising efficiency I never found before in 5 star hotel (thanks again to Ms. Green).
Since the price of the transfers was the lowest I had received, I accepted hotel's proposal, booking also 2 dinners (there are no other restaurant solutions close to the hotel. Before booking I asked the restaurant's menu). With these excellent premises, I was excited when I reached the hotel; and I wasn't disappointed
The lobby is big and, like all the hotel, really light and full of bright marble.
Despite this is Leading Small Hotel of the World, the structure is huge. There are some restaurants, pools (outdoor and indoor, 1 for children). bars, tennis courts, ping pong, a big beautiful garden, a casino an excellent SPA and many other things. All in all a real resort.
After a very quick check in, they went with us to our room, that was in the new wing of the hotel. Another feature of the Grand is that is horizzontally developed and not vertically. This increased my feeling to stay in a resort.
The corridors are large and bright. My room, a junior suite, was approx. 40/45 sq. mt. The bedroom was large, with a comfortable king size bed, a sitting area with a round table, a plasma TV, a very deep moquette. From my bed, I colud control by an electronic panel the lights of th room, the AC/heating system and even the "don't disturb" option out of my door.
The bathrrom was at the same level. Very big with separate bathtub (hydromassage) and (big) shower and 2 sinks. The WC and bidet were separate by the rest of the bathroom by another door.
Breakfast was ok, good quality even if the food selection was not huge.
Also Le Jardin met our expectations and so we decided to eat also the last day. It is a good, classy restaurant with good food, excellent waiters, live music (harp) and extremely cheap prices in comparison with European standards.
We had some problems only with the last 2 transfers. In the first case, the driver picked us up at the Argentinian falls with 30 minutes of delay, apologising about this delay. In the second case, I had to ask the reception where our driver was after a delay of 15 minutes (we had the transfer to the airport). After 2 minutes the driver apperead apologising once again and saying that his coordinator had told him we had postned the transfer of one hour but nobody of us had never decided to change our scheduled time. Anyway, 2 little episodes that didn't ruine our stay.
Last but not least, there is a room with 2 free Internet point at entire disposal of the guests.
All in all the Iguazu Grand Hotel is definitely a gem in 5 star hotel's galaxy and I would absolutely recommend a stay here to everybody.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank doledes
IguazuGrandQuality, Pablo Curtosi - Hotel Manager at Iguazu Grand Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, September 2, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback on your stay with us. We are very glad to know you had a nice stay. Your comments are of great value to us since they allow us to know how well we are doing and detect those areas we need to work on to maintain our high quality standards.

The E-Concierge service you mention is a position we recently added to our team in response to our guests' comments. Our idea is to help guests organize their stay in advance so that when they check-in, eall arrangements are already sorted out and they simply relax and enjoy.

Regarding your Food & Beverage comments, we are working very hard to improve our service. We have enlarged the main kitchen, acquired new equipment and we are training our staff constantly.

As for your the inconveniences you had with our transfers, we thank you for mentioning them and I take advantage of this opportunity to extend my apologies.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally (pcurtosi@iguazugrand.com) should you , or any friend or acquaintance, visit Iguazú so that we personalize their stay as well.

Best regards,
fort lauderdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2009

Your property and staff were amazing! I enjoyed the champagne, dinner and

upgraded suite. The car and driver to Iguazu Falls were a huge bonus!

I also enjoyed the spa with a hot rock massage and facial.

The gym was clean and equipment perfect for my needs.

Both restaurants and service were spectacular! The casino is very fun!

With appreciation and gratitude!

Laurie

Laurie Leichliter
Corporate Travel Specialist

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lal1686
Honolulu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2009

In traveling to Iguazu Falls, I was debating between the Sheraton and Iguazu Grand. With the Sheraton, I would see a breathtaking view but from past reviews thought the accomodations at the Iguazu Grand would make up for the lack of view. Was I ever right! From start to finish, totally first class, in fact the best service I have had across the globe other than the Oriental Hotel in Bangkok. Even from the start with my emails to the Iguazu Grand, I was impressed. My emails were returned promptly and I asked to have a tour set up for us for the three days, and they took care of everything. Our driver met us at the airport and for the next 3 days provided us with transporatation. He was simply amazing, even checking us in at the airport (thus avoided a huge line). When we went from Argentina to Brazil, he had us wait in the car while he took care of everything. The rooms were huge with a jacuzzi tub and a bidet. The swimming pool was 3 tiered and beautiful. But my favorite was the spa, great service and amenities. Quite frankly, I am surprised the hotel in not ranked in the top 100 as it is one of my favorites. I have absolutely no complaints, in fact, the service was superior to the Copacabana Palace in
Brazil where I stayed after leaving the Iguazu Grand. If you go to Iguazu Falls (and that is a must as well) then this really is the best place to stay. HIghly recommended!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
IguazuGrandQuality, Pablo Curtosi - Hotel Manager at Iguazu Grand Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, June 23, 2009
Dear 808Honolulu,
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing IGUAZU GRAND Resort Spa & Casino for your stay in the land of the falls. Second, and very important for us, the time you dedicated to writing this review and providing us with feedback of your experience with us. We are thrilled to know if was such a positive one (!!) but if we fail to meet, or what's more, exceed our guests expectations, we need to know in order to take all the neccesary actions.
The service that you distinguish in your review is the E-CONCIERGE service we implemented at the end of 2008. This service was implemented due to a proposal of one of our team members who detected the need of personalized attention to guests that book directly with the hotel and wanted to arrange transfers, tours, special dinners or certain needs in advance, in order to relax and enjoy once they arrived in Iguazú. We are happy to say you are not the first guest who distinguishes our E-CONCIERGE for an outstanding service, this must indicate we are on the right track.
Do not hesitate to contact me for more information or to give personalized attention to any friend or referral willing to visit the land of the falls and IGUAZU GRAND.