We were staying on the Brazil side, but wanted to enter Argentina to gamble and have dinner. This is pretty much the first casino on the right hand side of the street once you cross the border.
Casino was fun. Not many players due to the early hour (7 PM) and possibly the Argentina economy, but we had fun playing black jack.
The main restaurant didn't open for thirty minutes so we asked for a local restaurant at the front desk. Many hotels would want you (and your money) to stay within the hotel, but they graciously recommended a steak restaurant about three blocks away. It would have been possible to walk but our cab driver (from the Brazil side) told us he would take us there and pick us up after dinner.
I was amazed at how cheap a very good meal for two was. We had a full bottle of wine, two entrees, dessert and other drinks and with tip it was less than $50.
Recommendation: If you are staying on the Brazil side, ask your hotel for an English speaking taxi driver. Then see if they will wait on that Argentina side and bring you back. The rate was 100 BR each way with no charge for the waiting = about $40 each way. You also need to be mindful of the Argentina VISA charge for Americans. You have to pay the visa fee online before you get to the border and it's around $160 per person (in addition to whatever VISA you paid to get into Brazil.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 15 minutes away from the Iguazu National Park and 20 minutes from the Puerto Iguazu Airport, the Iguazu Grand Resort Spa & Casino is the most luxurious hotel in the city of Puerto Iguazu, Argentina. It offers a wide range of activities for the whole family. Our playland is specially designed for children under 5. It has a playground with a ball pit, a mini-theatre, a soft playground, a bouncy castle and many recreational activities. Our Kids/Teens area has Playstations, Nintendo, Wii, computers, table tennis and foosball. The recreational team organizes great activities every day such as pool games, mini-golf, big-sized chess, climbing wall and zip line, themed parties, mini-chef cooking activities, juggling classes and art workshops. Our Spa del Paraiso offers different therapeutic treatments, massage, a water circuit that includes sauna, steam room, Scottish shower, relaxing room, indoor pool and a Roman bath. We invite you to discover the Iguazu Grand Resort Spa & Casino, one of the most well-known hotels in Argentina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iguazu Grand Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iguazu Grand Resort, Spa And Casino
- Iguazu Grand Hotel Puerto Iguazu
- Iguazu Grand Puerto