Staying here was a treat. I took my family (8 in total including 2 small kids) here last week and I wish we had more than the 2 nights there. While it is expensive it was worth it in my opinion and fulfilled all our needs and exceeded my expectations. The quality of the hotel in general is top notch, good rooms, large bathrooms, nice views, good service for the most part. Even though it's billed as a resort and casino it was actually a wonderful place to have kids as there were multiple kids areas outside and the pools were also very nice. They even have great tennis courts which we enjoyed that were free of use to their guests.
For those looking for some adult time the Casino is also pretty nice as well. It's a little on the small side for US Standards but has a good vibe going with most games you would expect to find as well.
**the only weird note about staying here is ATM's. I figured that since there was a casino that there would certainly be ATM's as well but was sorely mistaken. They have no ATM on the property or in the hotel (not by their choice but because of some Iguazu regulation) and as a result if you want to take out money you have to take either a 5 minute taxi or a 30 minute walk into town to where the ATM's are. Also, for any gamblers out there the Casino is mostly in US Dollars but the ATM's won't let you take out Dollars nor will the Casino exchange Argentine Pesos for Dollars so if you are planning to gamble you want to make sure to bring X amount of US Dollars with you. There is a small portion of the Casino where they have games in Pesos but this only represents about 5-10% of the casino and nearly everything is US Dollar only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 15 minutes away from the Iguazu National Park and 20 minutes from the Puerto Iguazu Airport, the Iguazu Grand Resort Spa & Casino is the most luxurious hotel in the city of Puerto Iguazu, Argentina. It offers a wide range of activities for the whole family. Our playland is specially designed for children under 5. It has a playground with a ball pit, a mini-theatre, a soft playground, a bouncy castle and many recreational activities. Our Kids/Teens area has Playstations, Nintendo, Wii, computers, table tennis and foosball. The recreational team organizes great activities every day such as pool games, mini-golf, big-sized chess, climbing wall and zip line, themed parties, mini-chef cooking activities, juggling classes and art workshops. Our Spa del Paraiso offers different therapeutic treatments, massage, a water circuit that includes sauna, steam room, Scottish shower, relaxing room, indoor pool and a Roman bath. We invite you to discover the Iguazu Grand Resort Spa & Casino, one of the most well-known hotels in Argentina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotwire, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Iguazu Grand Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iguazu Grand Hotel Puerto Iguazu
- Iguazu Grand Resort, Spa And Casino
- Iguazu Grand Puerto