“bad restaurant with bad kitchen”

Dona Maria Restaurante
Ranked #19 of 119 Restaurants in Puerto Iguazu
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: We propose to enjoy a magical moment, from a warm welcome, passing through a relaxed and cordial atmosphere, where you will be able to experience a great variety of gastronomic options, of the Regional, International and unique Doña María cuisine.
“bad restaurant with bad kitchen”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

very bad restaurant, shaking table, french fries not well done, steak really poor quality. chicken was okay.. lots of dead insects lying arround. service is ok. i dont think its worth going here! the airco was deipping water on us! terrible! i cant recommend it all! barely any guests and prices very expensive in relation to others.

• Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

This restarauant has a buffet and alcarte menu. The staff are polite and attentive. A pleasurable dining experience.

Visited March 2012
Sparks, Nevada
“Great food, terrible taxi ride back to hotel”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

After a long day at the falls, I was looking for a better restaurant than the one at my hotel, which was 20 minutes out of town. I found that better restaurant at Dona Maria. I ordered an orange juice (yummy!), grilled vegetables and an entree. All were very good. The grilled vegetables were more than one person could eat! While waiting for the entree and vegetables (which did take too long to come) I was given a complimentary empanada, which was delicious, and perhaps one of the best I'd had in my 2 weeks in Argentina. After my meal, I asked the man (I think his name was Christian?) who stood at the entrance to greet patrons (and encourage others to try the restaurant) to get a taxi for me. He told me he called a personal friend to take me back to my hotel. The taxi driver took me unnecessarily down back roads, away from the main road (scary as a single female traveler) and then attempted (unsuccessfully)to charge me nearly double the standard rate for the trip! Thanks Christian and your friend, the taxi driver, for a poor ending to an otherwise lovely evening and giving me the only negative experience in an otherwise fraud-free trip to Argentina!

• Visited January 2012
Oslo, Norway
“Ok, but not great”
Reviewed December 5, 2011

The service is nice and relaxed, the food is ok but nothing special

Visited December 2011
Miami Springs, Florida
“Delicious!”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I absolutely recommend this restaurant! Amazing service, amazing food, good prices: we chose the buffet with salads, breads, cheeses, soups, etc, as well as home made pasta and all types of meats upon order, dessert included: 51 dollars for both my boyfriend and I. It was the best of 4 well-recommended restaurants we tried in Iguazu.

Visited November 2011