“Better than the Brazilian pousadas”

Hotel Jardin de Iguazu
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Puerto Iguazu
A Remote Island
“Better than the Brazilian pousadas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

Anyone who has experienced the Foz (brazilian) side of Iguacu and stayed at the hotels there will think twice about repeating that mistake. This hotel is tucked away from the hustle of noise of down town (unavoidable on the Brazil side) and offers the peace and calm of a boutique hotel to weary travelers after a full day walking around the area and taking in the natural beauty the Argentines have maintained in this region.

My boyfriend and I were meeting two of his friends here and from the moment we arrived we said we wished we stayed here the previous nights.

It started with a warm and friendly and helpful reception on arrival. Patient, kind and considerate receptionists generously flipped back and forth between Spanish and Portuguese and English for us and our many questions. Even assisting in securing reservations for dinner that night.

The common areas (pool and garden) are well kept, with study and comfortable lounge chairs and tables. A fountain into the pool (clean and refreshing). The rooms, with ample space, a mini bar, a variety of cable tv options in spanish, portuguese and english and clean spacious bathrooms.

The only less than wonderful aspect is the breakfast. While the pastry selection was good and tasty, the fruits were a little off and the coffee was terribly off. Perhaps it was the coffee itself, or the water but it was undrinkable that day. Still, the capirinha upon returning from the falls that afternoon made up for it!!

Additional bits to note - the wifi is good here and included in the price, though the network you log into may change as you move from the lobby to the suites. Just ask for assistance from reception. Also, if you have early morning flights and want to do online check-in, reception can assist in printing your boarding passes, free of charge.

Theres no doubt that next time I return, Ill go direct to this side of the falls and we will pass every night at this establishment.

Room Tip: upstairs was good though honestly every room off the court yard is comfortable and clean, its a matt...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
BETOBRUSA, Gerente at Hotel Jardin de Iguazu, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Very good morning , thank you very much for your comments, special , love , these are my favorite , with details , very good criticism. -
Well, the truth is that I am very happy your words , sorry , did not really understand very well what coffee , maybe water , maybe some flaw in the coffee , but I can swear that it is the first time this has happened - .
Thank GOD we have over 500 reviews and nothing happened with the coffee. -
I'm sorry , I really want to apologize for this - .
I always think that the least you should do is welcome our guests as they deserve , the welcome drink , smile , true affection , totally natural, not fake, this can be noted after 5 minutes , it would be a shame. -
Our guests are the ones who give us live , we can say many things, but the truth is that no guests , no work and no job is a disaster. -
I want to thank you again for your generosity and gratitude , this is a valuable gift and for us is helpful . -
I only subtract leave of you with good honest slogan , heart , hope GOD I accompany and guide life with good health , this is the most valuable of all , I know, I can assure you , the rest of things simply are details that can be achieved very easily. -
I wish you all the luck and maybe they can get back , gladly will wait . -

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Iguazu Falls and every moment of our stay was a pleasure. The staff was extremely helpful, and for the incredibly reasonable price, the hotel was superbly located and a beautiful, well-tended property. From a chilled caipirinha at check-in (deeply appreciated in the steamy heat), to the refreshing pool, comfortable outdoor lounge areas and well-appointed rooms (with king size beds!) the stay was ideal.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
BETOBRUSA, Gerente at Hotel Jardin de Iguazu, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Hello, good afternoon, thank you very much for your nice words, how nice comments are vitamins for the heart. -
It's very nice to be welcomed, it is, therefore, try to give back to nuetras passengers, not only with a caipirinha, I mean all the time of stay, with the aid of all kinds, suggestions for Iguazu Falls, recommendations for restaurants, shops for souvenirs, supermarkets, taxi, remisses and everything you need, but the detail is always the same, the sincerity, the most valuable, totally disinterested advice. -
Thanks again for your words, I hope GOD I lead life with good health, everything else is not so important, it seems, but it is not, I can assure you, everything else is useless if not have the blessing of health. -
I hope to return soon, I send you a great big hug, wholeheartedly. -
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Pro's:
- Very clean and cozy room and hotel facility
- great service, help and advise from the manager and the ladies that were attending the front desk
- Small but cozy swimming pool and public places were you can sit down and relax
- safe in the room
- Right in the middle of Port Iguazu town center, but very quite and serene
- Gaston, the cab driver working with the hotel, is very helpful, knowledgeable and accommodating for anything that requires driving. He was basically a driving guide explaining the inns and outs of the parks and restaurants.
- more than descent breakfast.
Cons:
- the room that we got was a bit small, but the manager was willing to move us to a bigger room the next day which we were too lazy to do.
- no elevator for those who wish to stay on the 2nd floor.
Summary: a very good hotel with very pleasant and helpful staff right in the center of town.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eli_Ashke
BETOBRUSA, Gerente at Hotel Jardin de Iguazu, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Hello, good morning , thank you very much for your feedback , this is what I call a professional comment , congratulations. -
You are right , I am always willing to resolve issues , I appreciate that I mentioned , the quality of staff can be evaluated simply if they are willing to help guests . -
With respect to the elevator , as we have thought , it is a possibility, but we have little space and there are only ground floor and 1st floor, no more and obviously , we are always willing to carry the suitcases. -
Regarding Gaston, we're lucky to have hardworking and selfless people, before being a professional, 1 should be a good person , the rest is learned. -
Again thank you for your review and I hope GOD I accompany life with good health , you do not necesiyan more than health, the rest , you can see that they have it all my life , mainly generosity and gratitude , this, with simplicity, is the perfect amalgam for a very nice life .... Congratulations and I hope we can say .... soon. -
Roberto - .
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

There is nothing bad I can say about either the service or stay we had at this wonderful little hotel. From the Manager to the staff everything was perfect, only reason it failed to get excellent rating is because of the breakfast that didn't include any eggs.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
BETOBRUSA, Gerente at Hotel Jardin de Iguazu, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Good afternoon, thank you very much for your words, I am very sad because you went without eating scrambled eggs that we prepare, that hurts, I'm sorry. -
In the breakfast room, there are 3 signs that indicate the following: "IF YOU WANT TO EAT EGGS, ask them HERE" we have this traditional system, so it is always freshly made, if, there, at the time, a delay of 5 minutes, no more!
I think you should go back next year, this should not be so, well, the Iguazu Falls are more and more beautiful. -
I want to thank you again for your comments and God bless you with good health, everything else is unimportant. -
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

This is a great little hotel. Excellent location - minutes by foot from the main bus terminal where you get buses to the park and from the town's main drag with its restaurants and shops. Nice garden and pool, comfortable & clean rooms, and a hearty breakfast. Some of the women working the front desk were a bit standoffish but they seemed to warm up during the course of a conversation (maybe it was my attempts to use my broken Spanish?) But they're English-speaking, which is good. The gentleman also found often at the front desk (manager? owner?) was charming, friendly and helpful. We really appreciated his happy-hour tray of caipirinhas since it was very hot & humid during our visit (February 2014). Anyone who needs to hang around after check-out can store their luggage at the hotel and can use the pool. I would stay here again, without question.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
BETOBRUSA, Gerente at Hotel Jardin de Iguazu, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Very good morning, thank you very much for your feedback, very good by the description, it is always good to hear the criticism, it is learned. -
It's very interesting what you mention to the receptionist, many times, costs us a lot to understand other languages, including English, on occasion, resorted to the translator. -
Well, I'm not the owner, I'm the manager, of course, we offer our guests a caipirinha, is a welcome drink, every day is lovely and refreshing around the pool. -
Thanks again for your very beautiful words are a balm for the soul. -
I only subtracted goodbye to you with a blessing to God's care for lifelong good health, the rest just comes from the sky. -
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

We just came back (literally) from Iguazu falls and this hotel. The temp was hot! (Around 35 degrees) and it was wonderful our agent Chimu Adventures booked us in a place with a pool!. Rooms were simple, but breakfast was very good, and would definitely come again. Well worth it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello, good morning, thank you very much for your words, a charm!
I can assure you that the most beautiful of life is achieved in the smallest and simplest things, when the work is valued and recognized, it's just a vitamin for the soul. -
Thanks again for writing nice things about our hotel, which GOD life care with good health, I hope to return one day for the Iguazu Falls. -
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel as part of a group tour. Hotel is located on a quiet street close to the center where the restaurants are. Best part of the hotel is the pool area, which most room overlooks. If I ever come back to Iguassu Falls, this would be my go to hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
BETOBRUSA, Gerente at Hotel Jardin de Iguazu, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Good morning, thank you very much for your comments, well short and very precise. -
As you can see, all my answers are always thanking goodwill, gratitude and tenderness of the people who make us this gift, because the truth is that this is a valuable gift, here there is no interest, none of this it will benefit them to you, however, if us. -
Thanks again for your words and I hope GOD accompany life with good health, everything else ..... are small details that are easily achieved if we have good health. -