“Not thrilled”

Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Puerto Iguazu
Bangkok
“Not thrilled”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My room was about 6 by 3 meters, including the bathroom. I paid 1821 pesos for three nights, which I find a bit expensive at the official exchange rate (see below). The whole place is very clean; very comfortable bed. Safety box, no mini bar. Tap water is drinkable. No street noise of course; some noise from neighbouring rooms and the courtyard, but it’s manageable. Wifi in the room was slow and unreliable (repeated breakdowns). Staff at front desk speak little English; they try to be friendly but I found them not always very professional. They tried to sell me a taxi ride to the Brazilian falls when the bus is quite as fast and comfortable and a lot cheaper of course. The same is probably true for the airport transfer, but here I took a taxi because I had a lot of luggage. The hotel is located very close to the bus terminal, so walking there is not a problem. Altogether a place I would recommend, without being thrilled.

One word about money in Argentina - something I would have liked to know before arriving. Argentinean’s finances are a mess. There is two-digit inflation, price control on basic products, and severe currency exchange restrictions, creating of course, a black market. Which means that there are two exchange rates: The official one, which you’ll get at ATMs and banks, and the real one. If you are willing to accept the risk attached to carrying large amounts of cash, bring Dollars or Euros and change them in your hotel or even on the street, which can be done quite safely if you take some elementary precautions (in Buenos Aires; I don’t know about other cities). It’ll make all the difference between a very expensive and a very cheap country.

Another oddity: On domestic flights, you are allowed 5 kgs of cabin luggage. If you have more, at check in you will be asked to remove items. So you remove, let’s say your laptop; they weigh it again - 5.5 kilos, they are happy. After which, at some distance from the counter, you put your laptop back into your cabin luggage, and nobody will ever care. I experienced this with Aerolineas, I don’t know if it’s true with other companies.

Room Tip: They seem all to be pretty much the same
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
BETOBRUSA, Gerente at Hotel Jardin de Iguazu, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Hello, good morning, thank you very much for your comments, excellent, I agree with some things and other NO, try to explain. -
Perhaps the translation is not very precise, but I think, as it implies you nustro English may have some faults and over who wanted to "sell a taxi ride," I do not think, to go to Brazil's lower frequencies of bus is 1 every 2 hours, I insist on this because we provide totally disinterested information. - obviously never a taxi is cheaper than a bus, you are wrong and obviously never will be faster. -
Regarding change between dollars and pesos, you are right, but you can not imagine how difficult it is today in Argentina, one official dollar is $ 5 and a dollar parallel, black, blue etc-costs $ 10 is for this reason we charge in Argentine pesos. -
I DO NOT RECOMMEND CHANGE FOREIGN CURRENCY IN THE STREET, here too, obviously you are wrong. -
With regard to the airlines, each with its regulations. - Do not know. -
The rooms are similar, there are standard and superior, just a little more spacious, nothing more,
I hope you can read my response, because in truth, I am very grateful for your reviews, always greatly respect who writes criticism. -
Thanks again I wish God bless you with good healthy.....bye bye.-
Roberto.-..........

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Excellent boutique hotel in Foz de Iguazu on the Argentinian side of Iguazu Falls. Comfortable and clean rooms looking onto a well maintained courtyard. The staff were cheerful and extremely helpful. The hotel is close to a large selection of restaurants, which are only a short walking distance. Breakfast choice was adequate with fruit, pastries and eggs on request. The hotel had a pleasant atmosphere including a nice pool area and a complimentary cocktail in the evening.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tomkats1
Hello, good afternoon, thank you for your comments, they are a treat for our eyes and our soul. -
Honestly I greatly appreciate people who take the time to write, because for one who does it for free and we are so valuable. -
Simply I have to thank the kindness he had to write these words, thanks for the details of the cleaning, breakfast, pool. -
May GOD bless you always, you deserve it!
Nowra, Australia
Reviewed April 28, 2013

A modern hotel with a nice, central courtyard that included a swimming poll, water features and small gardens. Our room and bathroom were modern, clean, spacious and comfortable. The buffet breakfast was very good with plenty of choice. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel's location is very good with just a short walk to ATMs, restaurants and shops.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
BETOBRUSA, Gerente at Hotel Jardin de Iguazu, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Very good morning, thank you very much for your review, really a wonderful gift for our spirit. -
You are very kind and generous in his words, thanks, but the part I like most is the staff very friendly and helpful, always think worldwide there are hotels, but not everyone takes good care of the guests. -
I want to return your precious gift, that's why I wish the most important in life, "good health" everything else, arrives without problems, all the hotel staff says thanks!
People like you give status to our hotel, congratulations. -
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

A beautiful boutique hotel nestled in the heart of town.
A swimming pool, lounge areas, fresh cool drinks with lemon on your arrival, and friendly service.
We loved our stay here. Nice selection at breakfast, free wifi, are just some of the features.
The rooms have been well looked after and also include split system a/c or heating.
Value for money was exceptional.
If only some "4 star" hotels back in Australia were half as decent as this one...

• Stayed April 2013
BETOBRUSA, Gerente at Hotel Jardin de Iguazu, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Hello, good afternoon, thank you very much for your comments, that beautiful. -
I always think that people who come to visit Iguazu Falls, bring many expectations, therefore, we can only put a little bit in your entire trip, but I can assure you, I am happy, very happy to have contributed to our small hotel to make your trip unforgettable. -
Thanks again for your words, God bless you with good health, then comes the good spirits and all the nice and good in life. -
Sydney, NSW
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed here in March with 3 friends, we shared 2 rooms. Rooms cozy but good value and the common areas of the hotel were lovely. The pool area with water features was lovely and relaxing after a big day at Iguazu Falls - each night a round of drinks appeared which was a lovely touch.
Clean and tidy rooms.
Walking distance to some nice restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
BETOBRUSA, Gerente at Hotel Jardin de Iguazu, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Very good morning, thank you very much for your comments, I think we are blessed to have this job, in fact, literally true. - I mean work with enthusiasm, always result good job, but after doing so, you receive this award we gives, is as I said, a blessing, thank you very much. -
I want to also thank you for the details you mentioned and concept. - Congratulations. -
Only I have to say, I wish them the most beautiful of life, God bless you with good health and good spirits, everything else is unimportant. -
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We took a bit of a risk on this hotel and were so glad we did. We originally planned to stay at one of the resort style hotels in the area but our wonderful travel agents, Imagine Latin America, recommended this hotel and they got it spot on.

The hotel is in the town so very close to a wide range of restaurants, which are high quality and very good value - something you just do not get at the out of town places. Getting to the waterfalls was easy, less than 5 minutes to the station and a good quality bus for the short journey. There is also a bus service to the Brazilian side although we opted for a guided tour.

The hotel itself is lovely. The pool area is well maintained and very pretty with lovely flowers and comfortable patio furniture. The hotel is very quiet, and with well designed water gardens it is a very pleasant place to sit and relax.

The room was large and clean with all the facilities we could want - including the very nice air conditioning, something we did not expect from a hotel in this price category. The bathroom was spacious and well appointed with nice toiletries and large bath towels. There was a tv with some English channels, a free safe, and a mini bar. The only slight problem was the strong smell of cleaning products, but opening the window for 30 mins solved this and I would much prefer this problem to an unclean room!

Breakfast was generous with eggs cooked fresh to order and nice coffee.

All in I really enjoyed my stay here and would recommend to anyone without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2013
BETOBRUSA, Gerente at Hotel Jardin de Iguazu, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Very good afternoon, thank you very much for your comment, very good, how nice!
Really, you give all the details very precisely, congratulations!
I always think that cleaning products should be selected with care, cleaning is ranked # 1 on our list of priorities, everything else is important, but cleanliness is essential. -
I feel that all I can say is just to thank her words, but just as I will. -
I want to thank with all my heart, for such a beautiful gift, so precious and without pay. - You paid for good service and then give us this award, thanks. -
On behalf of the entire staff, which now read your review, we send a big hug, I'm happy to have people like you in our hotel, beyond the good review, you can see that they are people of a big heart, and plenty generosodad this haceque life is much more beautiful. -
May God bless you with health, this valuable tool that arms and disarms our life in a minute, everything else, not to worry, come alone. -
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed in this very cute hotel for two nights. From outside it could pass for an ordinary building with nothing to draw attention. You climb several steps and enter a spacious lobby staffed by very courteous (and gorgeous) staff. The room is relatively small but very clean and organized. The bed is very comfortable. The bathroom is exceptionally clean and modern. All wooden doors are hand carved. There is a nice swimming pool, bordered on one side by a high wall with water fall and a neat garden on the other. The dining room is neat and the breakfast is very good (no eggs). Safe deposit box is free of cost. I would rate this hotel five star simply because of its unique character. The owner seems to have class and eye for detail.

Room Tip: Almost all rooms face the garden and swimming pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BETOBRUSA, Gerente at Hotel Jardin de Iguazu, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Good morning, thank you very much for your comments, that's beautiful.!
A Gem, is the best gift that you place with his words, a gem, you are always in my answers, by this means, say the same, have a nice trip, good stay, up to you, the people who come well, it's 100% sure they'll be happy, our job is to make everything goes well, of course, you paid for good service, but everything else, are extra gifts that we hicieron.-Thank you. -
In ddesayuno have two posters for people to order eggs, so, when cooked, freshly fried, scrambled, I'm sorry, you did not ask, I myself have cooked for you. -
I want to thank you for your generosity, I feel happy, also all the staff. -
I just hope that God bless you always with good health, everything else, you already have it, you can see in these words they gave us. -
Thanks again, and I have a question ..... is it that you must return to the Iguazu Falls to eat eggs? I'd love to, really. -