“Worst experience I've ever had in a resturant”

Bocamora Grill and Wine
Ranked #24 of 119 Restaurants in Puerto Iguazu
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

This resturant has an amazing location, it's a show stopper....breathtaking.

With Paraguay on your left, Brazil facing you and a river setting you would ask...."what could go wrong?"

Let me tell you...

After 3 attempts at picking wines that weren't on the menu, the waiter returned with a bottle he couldn't open...it was a screw top.

Being by the river we went for the fish options.. Dorado and the local Surubi. Both were very over cooked and tasted of rubber.

On asking for the bill our waiter was very enthusiastic to get us to leave. He even stood a couple next to our table before inviting them to sit opposite....and stare at us!! The "gent" even walked over and stared at me!!!

Overpriced, under trained staff, least friendly resturant in Iguassu, poorly cooked food....stay clear.

Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Bocamora has an amazing setting high up on the bluff looking down at the confluence of the Rio Parana and the Rio Iguazu. Across the river one way lies Brazil and across the other river lies Paraguay. Spectacular by dusk as the sun sets and also after dark as the lights from the other countries twinkle in the jungle and are reflected in the rivers' waters. I half expected this place to be all setting and no substance, but the atmosphere was relaxed and the staff were among the best we have seen in our almost 3 weeks in Argentina. Faultlessly good service. Highly commended. The food was tasty and was prepared with care, and the complimentary empanadas de carne at the start were utterly delicious and the glass each of Argentine champagne at the end were a really nice touch. We felt valued and appreciated as customers - this is pretty rare - anywhere. It's so nice here we are seriously thinking of returning tomorrow for our 2nd and final night in Puerto Iguazu.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife said that we should try the Bocamora as others had suggested it to us and as we were staying in the hotel next door we gave it a try. When we arrived our waiter showed us to out table on the patio where we had a wonderful view of the three borders (Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay). I asked the waiter if they had a Parrilla but he said they didn't so I asked if I order Bife de Chorizo how it would be cooked. He replied by saying that it would be on a grill, so I asked if it was a gas grill and he said yes. This was a little confusing as I was sure that I had seen some wood burning near the BBQ. He was trying hard to understand my English but we weren't communicating very successfully. We eventually placed our order and were served some tasty meat empanadas on the house before we got our starter of iberico ham bruschetta which we shared and enjoyed. Shortly after we finished our starter our mains arrived which were two perfectly parrilla cooked Bife de Chorizos. We eat about half of the huge steaks which were some of the best that we had in Argentina. I should have spent a little more on the Malbec as the budget San Felipe was not great. The restaurant kindly gave us a complimentary glass of fiz each. Overall an enjoyable evening if slightly confusing, must learn a few more words of Spanish for next time. At the time of our visit in Nov 2012 the restaurant wasn't able to accept Visa cards.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

The restaurant is located high above the Iguazú River, near its joining the Paraná River. You can see Paraguay and Brazil on the other sides. View is fantastic both by day and by night. We had dinner at the veranda. We tried different varieties of local (Argentine) food. I had a well prepared local river fish (Surubí). Good chart of wines. Service is good but not particularly fast.
There is a public open air theater near, where you can hear music (volume a little too high to allow conversation). Prices somewhat expensive.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Rcmd for local cuisine. Pay a little more but good portions. Had service and pumped in music to match. American music is global and easily recognizable. Eat on the veranda and have the tri-country view.