“A forest sanctuary”

Brisbane
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A forest sanctuary”
Reviewed March 6, 2011

This is a very welcoming clean and efficient place to stay,and it also raises money to look after the environment and animal life.Unfortunately it was raing a lot while we were ther,but we had a great room,with a bath,air conditioning,ceiling fan,mini bar and a very comfortable bed.The staff were so eager to please,and the food was wonderful and so cheap compared to home.There were travellers from all around the world sitting after dinner and this led to very intersting conversations,and email addresses being exchanged.

Visited February 2011

Santa Monica, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Massage I have ever had!”
Reviewed January 8, 2010

After a day of hiking the trials in and around Iguazu Falls in 90 degree Fahrenheit weather, my time at the Spa de la Selva was such a sweet way to recover. The spa is so gorgeous inside and out.
My ninety minutes with Raul was just what was needed after several weeks of travel in Argentina.
A timeout at Spa de la Selva is a must to any trip taken to Iguazu.
Carol

1 Thank ageindifferent
Houston, Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Relaxing massage after a long day at Iguazu Falls”
Reviewed September 16, 2009

I contacted La Selva Spa through the main website (spadelaselva.com.ar) and received a reply promptly. He was able to move our appt. 2 hours later in the evening so we could spend as much time at the park as possible. We scheduled a spa package that included 40 mins. massage for my boyfriend and for me a manicure/pedicure, facial & 30 min. massage. Claudia took care of me, she was lovely, very polite, and professional and her hands felt great after a sunny day of hiking at the Iguazu National Park. She made me feel relaxed; my favorites were the pedicure and the massage.

Dr. Ramos is very knowledgeable and explained how my boyfriend has an area on his back that will need to be taken care of once we got back to the states. Dr. Ramos was very nice, it was dark by the time we were done and he didn't want us to walk back to our Lodge as it was a bit of walk he said he would have taken us back but he had other clients so he arranged for a taxi(Remis) to come pick us up at the Spa. He is also friends with the Manager at the Lodge that we were staying and he advised the Manager to take good care of us as I had mentioned that we were celebrating my Birthday. We got back to our room and we had a cold bottle of champagne waiting for us, I thought that was a nice touch and we were very thankful to Dr. Ramos and the Lodge Manager.

3 Thank SALNRT
Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“What a wonderful massage!”
Reviewed August 31, 2009

We happened on the Spa de la Selva on the outskirts of Puerto Iguazu (across the highway from the Aldea de la Selva, where we stayed.) We didn't know what to expect. It was late fall so the place was quiet. The owner, (Dr.) Ramos Raul Rene, treated my daughter and I to the best massages we ever had. (And we do like massages.) He was trained initially as a physician in Spain, and worked there and in Cuba before coming to Argentina. He prefers to provide physical therapy so the Spa is set up for different kinds of rehabilitation. Because of his knowledge of anatomy and his treatment skills , he is a wizard at massage. We felt so good afterward. Truly, it was a real, memorable treat.

3 Thank Duflakett