“Great Steak.....”
Review of La Rueda 1975

La Rueda 1975
Ranked #9 of 118 Restaurants in Puerto Iguazu
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: La Rueda fue inaugurada en 1975 y su nombre proviene de una rueda de carro que fue regalada por un granjero local a los duenos, la familia Bauza, cuando llegaron a la tierra de las Cataratas. Nuestra carta contiene una amplia seleccion de platos personalizados que combinan exoticos productos de la region con base en la cocina internacional. Las especialidades de la casa son los pescados de rio, como el surubi, dorado y pacu, tambien nuestras carnes Premium asadas a fuego vivo p parrilla (tipica coccion Argentina) y las mejores pastas con ancestrales recetas italianas amasadas diariamente . Para maridar nuestros deliciosos platos, podemos sugerir dentro de nuestra cava, una excelente botella de vino de etiquetas nacionales de diferentes regiones del pais. La Rueda, icono gastronomico de la region por cuatro decadas, es un vivo testimonio de los tipicos sabores argentinos, manteniendo la esencia y calidez de la tradicion familiar desde 1975.-
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My friends And I ate here on December 27th........the food was great. I order the ribeye....it wasn't as done as I normally like but it was still good. My friend ordered the T-bone steak and it looked more like a porterhouse to me. The three of had appetizers, entrées, desert and a bottle of wine all for us $102.50.

1  Thank Jen-jer75
There are newer reviews for La Rueda 1975

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Wow! This place was recommended to us by our hotel, and after one night here, I actually wanted to go back. I am the kind of person who likes to always try new cities and adventures, but I was quite willing to return to this restaurant for a second night in a row. Sadly we did not, but I wish we had. First off, the atmosphere of the restaurant was lovely- live guitar music played all night without interrupting our meal. We arrived at about 9ish to a busy house, but we were seated quite quickly ( within 10 minutes). The place was beautifully decorated, and was just really warm and inviting. Then our steaks arrived. Having only had good steak at a private house and a estancia so far in Argentina, I was not expecting much. But boy were we impressed. The steak here was absolutely amazing!!! Juicy, tender, moist, and ohhhhhh so tasty!!! And it was huge!! Seriously huge. It must have been 20 ounces. Wow!! The people next to us had pasta and steak, and I must say the pasta looked and smelled lovely. Service was executed efficiently, but with no good humor. Ah well. I will forgive their lack of smiles for the amazing steak they served. So overall we had a lovely night here- good drink, good entertainment, good food!!!!!

1  Thank AmericanLadyInUK
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Nice place, old style, looks like a traditional home. Service was a bit slow but ok. Meat not the very best, but still perfect. Overall rating is good

Reviewed January 4, 2013

recommended by Lonely Planet and Sheraton, we found it one of the most comfortable restaurants on our trip. Enjoyed the starters most of all -- recommend the river fish preparations especially. Wine list was reasonable and featured some great choices. Service was typical of what we found in Argentina.
Book a table ahead as it does fill up!

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We ate here 2/3 nights. It's a lovely, relaxed venue. We sat outside on both nights and enjoyed bife de lomo on both occasions. I got a medium steak and my partner medium rare- it was cooked as requested.
The reason we made a return trip on our last night was for fear that we wouldn't get as nice of a steak as the 1st night. It was our last night in Argentina too so we wanted to make sure ' last supper' was a good one.
We also got a dessert each. One was with some baileys- we wouldn't recommend as the ice cream tasted like perfume. The second dessert was ice cream which was delish!

The service is average but I think this is mostly due to how busy the restaurant is.
They have a good selection of wine. We obviously wood return if given the option!!