“Great parilla restaurant”
Review of A Piacere

A Piacere
Ranked #13 of 124 Restaurants in Puerto Iguazu
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Un lugar calido para disfrutar de las mejores carnes, pastas y pescados de las tres fronteras. Ubicado tan solo a pocos minutos de las cataratas del Iguazu, en plena zona gastronomica... Los esperamos!
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The garlic parsley french fries were fantastic. The only vegetable we ate this night was a slice of carrot and a thin slice of red pepper served on the plate wth the steak (and the parsley on the french fries)!

This is a nice clean restaurant. We ate outside but there is a nice inside restaurant as well.

I liked Aqva better but it is much more expensive but it is only 2 doors down.

1  Thank AdvConsult
Write a ReviewReviews (1,727)

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I had a bife de chirozo with a garlic sauce at this restaurant. I ordered it "vuelta a vuelta" to have it really rare, and expected to find it medium-rare like in so many parillas. Not here: I had exactly what I wanted. The waiter even asked me to cut the meat in front of him to check if this is how I wanted, and it was perfect indeed. The service was simply the best I have found in Argentina so far: high quality but no snobbish, precise and friendly. And the food was good (just one small criticism: the fat part of the meat was a bit too hard and not as good as in a couple of other excellent places; but I'm being picky here - the meat was excellent overall). I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We were very disappointed with our evening here. From the moment we arrived the revive was poor. We were pointed to a table that was still covered with dirty plates and glasses and it took a long time before they were cleared and the leather table cloth wiped down (which was soaking wet). The table was not reset and glasses and plates were randomly plonked in front of us throughout the meal. We were not given napkins until half way through our starter , slightly better than the table behind us who were given them as their main course dishes were being cleared away! The service was slow, apart from the arrival of the main course which came before our starters were finished and there was no room on the table so we had to lift everything up as the waiter had no free hands to help move anything. The worst aspect of the service however was that we had to use the same plate and cutlery for main and starter despite having a seafood sauce on it.

The wine list looked ok but they did not have a lot of them in stock, which drastically limited the choice. The food looked wide ranging and was reasonably priced without being cheap. The calamari we had for starters was nice but the main course ( traditional BBQ, medium rare) was overcooked and extremely tough. The steak was almost black and the hot plate it was served on added to the problem as the meats continued to cook. I had to leave most of meats as they were fatty and unpleasant.

We saw the waiters standing around a lot, not clearing off tables after people left. The only time we had easy access to our waiter was when he hovered very close to our table after we paid our bill waiting for a tip as we finished our wine. This made me feel very uncomfortable and in the end we decided not to leave any tip.

All in all a quite unpleasant evening which I would not recommend to anyone.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I ate at this restaurant whilst having one night in Puerto Iguazu on our South American trip, and it was amazing! The service was excellent, and the food was very delicious! My husband and i still rave about this place, definitely recommend eating here if you are stopping in.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The food here was good and the service was attentive. It was somewhat lacking in atmosphere though. The harsh lighting didn’t help.