WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Puerto Iguazu
San Francisco, California
“Beautiful Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

When we started looking into this hotel, I was afraid that it would be too remote but we decided to book it anyway because the pictures looked gorgeous. It turns out that the location is not an inconvenience at all. The hotel can easily call a taxi and it is a short drive to the town and Iguazu National Park.

The hotel rooms and grounds are both beautiful and well-kept. I especially loved the showers and the pools! We ate at the restaurant on one of the nights, and contrary to some of the food reviews that I have read, the steak and risotto that I ordered were great! Service was good, but could have been more attentive. However, it wouldn't stop from booking here again and recommending it to friends.

Overall a great place to stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

This hotel was gorgeous. Stylish, comfortable, beautifully constructed to it's beautiful settings. The pools were sooooo beautiful that I wish we has spent more time at the hotel and enjoyed them. I found the food to be very delicious, and i've been living in Argentina for sometime. It wasn't cheap though. What made the place 5 stars for me above all however, was the thoughtfulness of the manager we experienced on our last day. We ordered food, asking that it could be done before our bus to the airport arrived, and were assured it would be...but then 10 minutes before we were to leave, it wasn't ready. So, the manager came over and said that the food and drinks would be free - and they arrived with barely enough time to eat them. I thought this was very respectful and smart - i will recommend them to everyone.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Mountain View, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was very pleased with our room - the view of the greens was spectacular! I highly recommend going around Oct/November to this area because the weather is hot but not too hot!

Overall we experienced good service; the rooms were very clean, the beds + linens were nice. The decor of the lobby was beautiful.

My friend who went swimming did not really like the pool because she felt it was too shallow to swim, but it is a great place to relax and lounge by the pool and enjoy the view and landscapes!

My only disappointment was that when I went to the spa appointment, the jacuzzi that was promised on the introduction, was not filled up with water! I was hoping to enjoy that specific amenity. Also, you need to reserve at least 1 hr in advanced, as the therapist is about 40 minutes away and so they need to travel to the spa! The massage was very pleasant, and the facilities inside was clean. It's definitely on my list to return with my husband! A really nice romantic getaway. I think it's ok with Family too but I didn't see any specific activities that were geared towards entertaining the kids.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

General: Large spacious reception hall with free wifi. Rooms are in separate buildings, connected with wooden hanging bridges. Nice jungle atmosphere. Beautiful swimming pool (although the water was too cold for us to swim in).
Rooms: modern room, clean, with balcony.
Location: you need a taxi to go everywhere.
Service: converter plug was available (free of charge) to use during our stay, received a lovely bottle of champagne complimentary because it was our honeymoon.
What could be better? The food! Ordered a pizza, which tasted horrible (would not have recognized it as a pizza...more like bread drowned in melted cheese).
For me the hotel was all right, but certainly not extraordinary.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights of the Loi Suites in late October. The room was comfortable but lacking in facilities. The hotel is geared up to make money out of you at every opportunity and the service is variable to say the least.

When we arrived there was only one person on reception and there were people checking in, people checking out, calls coming in yet no one seemed particularly bothered to help out.

The breakfast was ok although the staff were pretty ignorant having a conversation across the restaurant as they cleaned up after people. Numerous guests got tired of waiting to be served coffee and got up themselves to pour a cup.

Dinner in the restaurant was much better I have to say. We only had main meals but both were very good as was the service. We did have to wait 15 minutes for the restaurant to open despite being told it was open at 7:45pm and our table being booked for then. It was worth the wait however as the food was very nice and not massively overpriced as we thought it would be.

The pool is also very nice and the atmosphere around the hotel is also very inviting. The lobby and seating areas outside are also very well thought out.

The key thing is the setting as the hotel is in the jungle, well away from the rather disappointing Puerto Igaucu.

We wouldn't stay again but I could definitely have spent more time at the pool there and it was a very relaxing place overall.

Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are really clean, specially the bathroom. There is no carpets in the room so it's really clean.
Breakfast is pretty big for an Argentinian hotel.
The pool is super clean, some people says that it's dirty because of the leaf but I don't know what they expect... There are trees everywhere.
The location is amazing, specially if you ask for a room with balcony to the woods.
If you have a car or rental car you can move easily but otherwise there is always a cab or two to take you anywhere.
Our plane got delayed and they let us stay until 2pm for free.
We didn't go on during season, although it was a really nice weekend, so the restaurant and the buffet were pretty empty for dinning without too many options.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Good hotel especially if you wish to be close to the nature. Comfortable rooms. Be prepared though that certain things might be broken. In my room I had baggage stand broken. Phone worked only in bathroom. And I had no connection to any mobile operator in the room. So perfect if you were looking for a calm retreat and to be cut off the world.
Taking shower was really a pleasure - lots of hot water (if you wished so).
Really one-in-a-kind swimming pool - huge and with cascades.
To my taste cuisine is not the best. Whatever we tried - beef, pork, chicken or fish, were too dry. But taste was still good.
Service was OK but a bit slow. To my standards I had to hear too often: "no, we can't do it because... It's the policy of the hotel". Trust me, what we requested was perfectly normal. So this means they are not ready to be flexible to show their real appreciation for customers.
Nevertheless overall impression is good.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business