“Good pasta and bad pizza”

Parrilla Pizza Color
Ranked #18 of 116 Restaurants in Puerto Iguazu
Cuisines: Argentinean, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
San Francisco
“Good pasta and bad pizza”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Being non meat eaters in Argentina is very difficult even if you have access to a kitchen because no other country in the world that I have ever visited (we travel more than 250 days a year) dare to sell vegetables and fruit that belong to a compost pile. In Puerto Iguazu we went to shop for raw food so that I can cook. I had to come out without buying anything but two bananas (even those were bad) because of the sorry quality of the produce. So we ended up at Color because we had to eat something for dinner after bussing for over 30 hours from Huamhuaca to Iguazu. We ordered a beer (which was good), a vegetarian pizza and a stuffed ravioli in saffron sauce. The sauce for the pasta was excellent albeit with a dead piece of "fresh" basil. The pasta itself was fine. However, they definitely do not know how to cook a pizza. The vegetables on top including the arugula were of pathetic quality and the pizza crust was like a normal, white bread. The price however was good specially if you had change your money on the street and hence gotten 45% more pesos than you would have gotten in a bank.

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bucharest, Romania
“Best steak in Argentina”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We spent two and a half weeks in Argentina with a mixture of business and pleasure. I managed to eat steak in some form pretty much every evening, and I was disappointed by most in terms of the delivered quality vs. the reputation. Color came to the rescue. We walked to the restaurant recommended by our guide but it had no terrace and had a large party eating together so we looked elsewhere. The owner (I assume) of Color showed us the menu and offered a 10% discount for cash. As I hesitated he then took me to the kitchen to look at the steaks and I was sold. The filet was the best steak that I ate during my trip, and the Patagonian beer that I had as an aperitif the best beer that I found (until it ran out and we had to switch to Malbec - c'est la vie). The singer on the terrace was also surprisingly good. We were so impressed that we went back there for our second and last night as well.

• Visited May 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Stumbled upon by chance - would Definitely go back!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Me and a friend were walking along the strip looking for somewhere to eat.

The older dude that owns this place tried to entice us in. Then we got into a conversation which ended up with me having a tour about the place then in the kitchen picking my own steak. An amazing Sirloin or Fillet (went May 2012 so can't remember exactly).

Remember it being AMAZING though. By far the best, most memorable steak I had in Argentina (and Argentina is the best place in the world I've had steak).

Great value. There is a live band if you go in the evening too. Loved it. A pleasant stumble upon.

Tip - just get a BIG steak. You can't go wrong. I got some potato croquets and they just got in the way.

Fully recommend you check this place out.

• Visited July 2012
Wenatchee, Washington
“Good Pizza”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Get your Argentine pizza fix while in Iguazu here. We had enough leftover to eat the next day. This is especially important if you're going to Parque Iguazu, where the food can get expensive fast.

Visited March 2013
Seoul, South Korea
“Good enough”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We ended up eating both lunch and dinner at this place. Pizza was just okay--don't expect too much. But steak was pretty good. We were surprised to find decent steak here. It's not the cleanest of all restaurants, but it's better than it looks.

• Visited March 2013