This place pleasantly surprised me. Stayed here for one night in February for a weekend visit to Iguazu Falls, after taking an overnight bus from Buenos Aires. They let us check in early, 10am, which was a pleasant surprise. The hotel is a series of cabins spread across a large jungle property, with each cabin having 2-4 rooms. The rooms are large, air conditioned, and well appointed with jacuzzi tubs and modern fixtures. The rooms had cable television and wifi.
The pool area, which is advertised heavily, is relatively nice but rather dead - only a few people were ever there during our stay. We played a little ping-pong on the poolside table at dusk, a random fun experience. The dinner served at the hotel was very good but a little pricey. The only real downside to the hotel is the location. It's located on the outskirts of Port Iguazu so unless you're only spending one night at the hotel (like us) it could be a pain to get into town for dinner, etc. But it is one of the last stops the buses make on their way to the Falls, so from that perspective the location is great!
This hotel was a unique experience that I think anyone wanting to get a taste - but not a mosquito-filled, creepy-critter infested taste - of the jungle should absolutely take advantage of. Walking through the lit path through the jungle on the way back to our room from dinner we stopped and saw hundreds of ants carrying little leaves that had fallen from the tree back to their hill. You won't get that at a regular hotel. Stay here and you won't be sorry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the middle of the Selva Paranaense, La Aldea de la Selva Lodge combines nature and comfort through our rooms that enhance the rustic and autochthonous of our missionary land, with furniture made by local artists. The perfect blend of rusticity and luxury. We are a pioneer hotel-tourism company in giving value to the natural and cultural resources of the area of Iguazu, at the same time that we offer a unique lodging experience, committed with a distinguished service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your La Aldea de la Selva Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Aldea De La Selva Hotel Puerto Iguazu
- La Aldea De La Selva Lodge And Spa