I'm traveling around South America and my dad came to join me for 2 days. As a treat he booked 2 rooms at this fantastic hotel just out of the town. A few nights before my boyfriend and I had stayed at a great hostel in town but I am pleased to say the step up in quality and luxury is very noticeable.
As a tourist town Puerto Iguazu is expensive but for the facilities provided La Aldea competes very well. We had dinner at the restaurant and the quality was good and there was a fine selection of wines. You might pay a bit more than you would in town but the dining area is beautifully decorated with polished tree roots. The restaurant was quiet but the service attentive. Also you save the taxi ride back which is around 25-30 pesos at the moment.
There are 4 private rooms in cabins spread around the extensive woodlands. The rooms are beautifully presented and spacious. Unlike many hotels in Puerto Iguazu La Aldea is sympathetic to its natural surroundings. There are many opportunities to see wildlife in the forest particularly iguanas. There is a trail through the jungle with a climbing wall and rope bridge taking you through the trees.
The hotel is a short walk from the bus stop which takes you to the falls (10 pesos each way) or the town (2 pesos) but buses don't run later on in the evening.
The pool is fantastic and well maintained and the bar area is great for relaxing with a beer. Also we were allowed to have a swim after checkout and there are great showers by the pool. Also there is an airconditioned cabin with computers, comfy seats and a tv where you can relax after check out if you are waiting for a bus or plane.
Overall this is a very impressive establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the middle of the Selva Paranaense, La Aldea de la Selva Lodge combines nature and comfort through our rooms that enhance the rustic and autochthonous of our missionary land, with furniture made by local artists. The perfect blend of rusticity and luxury. We are a pioneer hotel-tourism company in giving value to the natural and cultural resources of the area of Iguazu, at the same time that we offer a unique lodging experience, committed with a distinguished service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your La Aldea de la Selva Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Aldea De La Selva Lodge And Spa
- La Aldea De La Selva Hotel Puerto Iguazu