“close to nature”

Amerian Portal del Iguazu
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Puerto Iguazu
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed April 27, 2012

a lovely hotel that is very close to the nature.
may room has its own balcony.viewing the front of the hotel.
the swimming pool is a good help after atiring all day exploring iguazu falls.
there are restaurants nearby for dinner.
hotel staff are all friendly and helpful.breakfast is okay.

Room Tip: book the top room for the best views.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank asyano
Comercial I, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Amerian Portal del Iguazu, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2012

Dear Aysano,

What a wonderful words for us! Thank you very much for all your words.
It help us to give and offer a better service although we know we have to work in some aspects.
Best regards.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

I read a lot of reviews on Trip Advisor before I booked this hotel. Thanks, folks! I LOVED EVERYTHING about this hotel EXCEPT the food. Breakfast was okay. GREAT brownies! The lunch and dinner menu choices were few, expensive, and of poor quality. But the service was very good. I really enjoyed the complementary pre-dinner Caiparinha (Brazilian cocktail). Nice touch! Fortunately, there is a taxi to take you to the city center for $15 ARG or, better, the bus stops across the street to the left of the front of the hotel for $3.00 ARG. Despite the food, I will definitely stay here on my next trip to Iguazú Falls.

Room Tip: High floor rooms with river view are almost worth the extra cost
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank PJB333312741

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much to choose Amerian Iguazu after all the comments you have read.
It was a pleasure to have you here and to also know your experience.
After all these we know that we have to change our menu or the specialties.
Thank you for let us know, we will start to work on that.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

On a 3 day trip to see Iguazu Falls, we stayed here. We were upgraded to a suite since all standards were filled by a German tourist group. The suite was very nice, roomy, and air conditioner worked well, and overlooked the pool and the 3 frontiers: Argentina, Brazil, and Paraguay: quite a view! Breakfast was substantial. Dinner selections were only ok, but we didn't really care since the waiter plied us with Capinheiras. The only minus was that the hotel did no currency transactions, and on Sunday we found only one open ATM in the entire town of Puerto Iguazu. But I guess I forgot we are spoiled NorteAmericanos.

Room Tip: Choose a room or suite facing pool.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choose Amerian Iguazu as your Hotel during your visit to the Falls.
We feel very happy for your comments and let me tell you taht you get the best room tahnks to the group. The view is incredible, from the balcony you see everything, three countries and two rivers.
Recently we done some changes on our menu but maybe we will have to take another look.
Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Basically this was a decent 4-star place for one night, the Sheraton being fully booked for the Easter weekend.

More of a business hotel than leisure but it worked fairly well. The room was fine though the A/C was all but impossible to turn on (but we finally got it and just let it stay on). Common areas are a bit cavernous and the lounge somewhat sterile, but the wine was fine. The restaurant was fine also but again, a bit sterile.

The major complaint was that prior to arrival (a month and a week prior) we emailed to see what the airport transfer situation was (hoping it would be a hotel transfer and we could drop off at The Falls and have our bags taken to the hotel and held). But there never was any reply. We figured it out upon arriving and although there was no problem with how we finally transferred it is disappointing they could not even have replied with basic information.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Comercial I, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Amerian Portal del Iguazu, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Dear Kairho:

Thank you for choose us as your Hotel in Iguazu. It is a pitty to know all the inconvenience you had during your stay. We are working on that to get and offer a better service.
We know our AA are difficult to manage but we recommend let them on because they run only with the magnetic card when you enter to the room.
We are very sorry and we hope to recive you on a second visit to Iguazu Falls.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in order to experience the Iguazu waterfalls from both the Brazil and Argentine sides. The multiple criss-crossing of border controls across the "friendship" bridge are tedious and time-consuming.
Argentina has the better waterfalls, Brazil has the better views of them. If you go on the boat trip under the waterfalls, you will get soaked, so best to wear just a swimming costume and keep everything else in the waterproof bag provided.
Now for the Hotel: The rooms are actually a decent size with adequate, quiet aircon and comfortable beds, though our shower head might have benefited from a plumber to stop it spraying everywhere. We found a pair of the last guest's knickers behind the bathroom door and management were sufficiently mortified to give us a free spa voucher each and 2 miniature champagnes delivered to our room (one of these had already been opened and half emptied (but hey, it's the thought that counts).
Food was excellent, both the buffet breakfast and evening meals in the bar and in the restaurant. The pool is interesting to look at, but tricky to actually swim in, with underwater hazards resulting from "adventurous" design, I suppose! Wi-fi worked perfectly, CNN (only English language channel) worked OK.
The sun setting over Paraguay was spectacular.

Room Tip: North-facing rooms face the (meeting of the) rivers and offer views of Brazil and Paraguay
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Comercial I, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Amerian Portal del Iguazu, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

Dear Robert:

Thank you very much for having choosing Amerian Portal del Iguazu Hotel during your visit at Iguazu falls.
We appreciate your comments and they help us to grow and change many things. We are very sorry if we cause a bad impression or a problem during your stay.
We would like to recive you a second time.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I had to stay one night before catching another morning flight. Called before to make sure they had a crib for my baby. The answer was that I did not have to worry, I just had to ask it at check in. When I made the reservation, I mentioned that I would arrive at 2AM. Ended up arriving even later, because a flight delay. All I needed was a bed and the crib for my exausted 1 year old baby. But as I checked in, they said that they did not had cribs at that time. They offered an extra bed, which I refused, because that doesn't work for my baby. We had to make our baby sleep on our bed, which took an hour from the 4 hours of sleep that we had.

Bottom line: the only thing I needed, the hotel could not offer.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Comercial I, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Amerian Portal del Iguazu, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Dear Guest:

We are very sorry to cause this bad time during your stay in our Hotel.
We would like to know more like date of your arrival and room number to give you an explanation. These kind of information help us to grow and change what is wrong.
I will appreciate all information you can give me.
Thanks a lot. Best!

Reviewed February 18, 2012

In many ways this is a nice hotel. Reception staff were helpful and smiley but our room was very disappointing and rather cramped. The pool area is both visually pleasing but almost impossible to swim in - lots of ledges and levels ( presumably to resemble the falls). We had one lunch and one evening meal here - both were adequate but not great. Service pool side was significant by its absence yet service at the restaurant was very good but exceeded the standard of the food! We had a very early check out and to our astonishemnet they laid out a very full array of food just for us - this was outstanding service.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple