“Excellent!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Great find! Lovely Italian with lots of homemade pasta and great steak. We went twice when in iguassu and the food was great, good service and really friendly. It's a little pricey but worth it. Highly recommend.

There are newer reviews for Ristorante La Toscana

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The food here is awesome: the dishes are very fresh and prepared at the moment. The flavours are very well ajusted and they have an enormous wine chart with all the best argentinians and other nationalities too. The spinach gnocchi is wonderful!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Same owner as our pousada which is why we decided to check it out, best thing we did while staying in Puerto Iguazu. Totally worth every penny. The food was amazing but the wine was also fantastic. And the coffee... Italian espresso! What a relief after all the awful coffee in Argentina... GO!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Probably the best Italian restaurant I've been to outside of Italy! Definitely the best Italian food I've had in South America.

The only reason I can think that this is not listed as the TripAdvisor Number 1 restaurant is the location - its about 5 minutes walk from the bank, local supermarket and most of the other restaurants and cafes and is tucked away on a side street. I'm just glad we were staying at the hostel across the road or we might have missed out on this little treat.

The food was excellent from the pasta to the chicken to the risotto. The menu offered a good selection without being needlessly big. They have good Italian basics that you would expect to find like lasagne but also lots of dishes with a little twist to keep it interesting. We had chocolate pudding for dessert - I can't remember what it was called - we had to wait about 20 minutes for it to be freshly made, it was like a chocolate fondant with a melting middle ..... it was amazeballs, delicious, delectable, perfection and anything else fabulous you can think of!

The wine was lovely, a Malbec I think, can't say for sure as the first bottle went down so well there may have ended up being a few more. I should say that the wine list is fairly extensive but we liked the first one we choose so much that we stuck with it so I can't comment on any of the others.

The service was excellent, attentive but not intrusive.

The restaurant itself is quite classy, borderline a bit posh maybe .... I probably wouldn't have even noted that normally but keeping in mind that a lot of people visiting this area are backpacking and therefore tend to bum around (like me) in a grotty pair of shorts and a tatty pair of flip flops most of the time, then I think its worth mentioning. Not that I would say you need to worry about it too much, we were all in shorts, vest tops and flip flops and it was fine, I'd just say maybe wear your nicest shorts and not rock up straight from a day at the falls when you've been on the boat trip and subsequently smell like a swamp rat.

It was a bit expensive for our budget but actually was ridiculously reasonable for a few bottles of wine and 3 courses - especially considering the quality of the food and how nice the place was. I think it was about £20 each.

I would definitely go here again .... except I probably won't as it's a 14 hour flight and a 17 hour bus ride away ...... but if I lived even an hours drive away it'd definitely be worth a return visit. If you're in the area and you like Italian food you should definitely make time for a visit.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The food of chef Gianluca is really good and Valeria Cianci’s staff is even excellent!! Responding by the slightest movement of the guest, helpful in any way, serving by high restaurant-standards: white gloves, the glass of wine make filling up with one hand on the back, ladies first etc. etc. Super! Great wines! When you like white wine: try the Colomé Torrontes 2012.

Dining at Toscana: a must!