“If you don't want steak don't bother”

El Quincho del Tio Querido
Ranked #15 of 124 Restaurants in Puerto Iguazu
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to this restaurant on recommendation of our driver - we were after a light meal and had eaten ourselves into meat comas over the previous few days while staying in Buenos Aires.

The starters were fine and things looked promising. The wine recommended to us tasted like cat pee (the waiter didn't have a clue what to recommend in the first place) I ordered gnocchi with chicken and my husband ordered breaded chicken with ham and cheese. My gnocchi came out so over cooked it had turned to goopy mashed potato and the chicken was so tough I couldn't tackle it with a steak knife. My husbands meal looked like something I wouldn't feed the dog - I have never seen grey chicken before - I even photographed it I was so grossed out.

The service was shoddy -lots of waiters but none of them doing much other than running around like headless chickens. The wait for a table was too long and I just wouldn't recommend it unless you wanted steak - which looked good but nothing on what we had in the city.

1  Thank Clare O
Write a ReviewReviews (4,686)

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Nice chorizo beef, affordable prices. Use pesos to pay because the conversion to real or dollars are at least 20% more of what you would pay in an exchange store.

1  Thank DR_JLF22
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The place is really nice and the meat we ordered was amazing. There's a band playing typical Argentinian songs which gives a nice atmosphere to the place. We were in six in the restaurant and we ordered snacks, different cuts of meat, deserts and two bottles of wine and it all came to only 450 reals.

1  Thank Nando_uk1
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We were staying at Iguaca in Brazil and had this restaurant just over the Argentinian border recommended to us. It's easy to get a taxi and crossing the border is quite straightforward and well worth it yo visit this amazing restaurant. The food is delicious but beware the portion size - they are big and it is easy to order too much! The ambiance is lively and the restaurant is nicely decorated, staff are very helpful and we were entertained by two musicians. Of course the cost was also very reasonable.

1  Thank Von1956
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The 3 of us had only one night in Iguazu Falls and on the recommendation of our cab driver, selected this restaurant. We chose to eat at one of their outdoor tables, as they were less crowded together than tables inside. Two of us had steaks so tender they could almost be cut with a fork and myself, the flavor-filled fish--all fabulous, along with fried potatoes and ensalada completa. The restaurant was crowded with people having a good time and part of the fun was watching some excellent tango dancers on a small stage in one corner of the restaurant. Wow! It was a great meal with unexpectedly good tango entertainment, topped off with a birthday dessert surprise for me!

1  Thank MontanaBeeki