“Great wee night”

El Quincho del Tio Querido
Ranked #16 of 115 Restaurants in Puerto Iguazu
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great wee night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

On our arival we were suggested this by the hotel staff at crucero hotel,the p
Arila for two was more than ample and the live band only added to a great night,we also got the opportunity to try some tango dancing

Visited June 2013

• Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
“Good atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

There is meat meat and more meat. But it is good meat. I had potatoes that came with my meal but my partner just had meat, more our own fault as we could not completely understand the menu speaking very minimal Spanish if any. But the food that did come out was very nice and the prices reasonable for the meals. We actually went there 2 nights for our three night stay there. The atmosphere gets better later on after 8pm, there was a couple of guys that played some local music and was very lively.

• Visited May 2013
Mendrisio, Switzerland
“THIS IS MEAT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

i have been lucky enough to be in EL QUINCHO few times in different period. the food, particularly the meat, OUTSTANDING. if you want to experience the real ARGENTINIAN MEAT this is one of my favourite. furthermore very reasonable prices.

• Visited March 2013
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Tango and chorizo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I took a 5-minute walk from the Casino Iguazú to this restaurant, just great! When we got there, our table was reserved just by the stage where a tango group were singing. Then, dancers came in and the spectacle was complete. I was glad my food arrived just before the male dancer invited me to dance with him. That was close, it would have been a complete disaster! Instead, I had my delicious chorizo with red wine. And the price: a bargain!!!!

Visited April 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Outstanding Parrilla Restaurant in Puerto Iguazu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

We were directed to this Parrilla by our hotel who also made us bookings. We wanted to try some authentic and good quality Argentinian steak and man did it live up to our expectations.

When we arrived we were shown to a table upstairs and right next to the balcony from where we could see the floor below and the live band playing traditional gaucho music. It appeared to me that upstairs was for tourists as large groups started arriving including people from Brazil. Downstairs appeared to cater to locals or other Argentinian tourists.

We ordered some good Malbec (their wine selection was quite good) and consulted the waiter about the food and the types of cuts. We ordered some good steak and ribs along with sides of vegetables (not popular in Argentina it would appear - people just love their meat). The meat came without too much delay (they are constantly roasting meat outside on the large parrilla). It was stunning and I must say probably the best I ate all around Argentina bar one other experience. The meat was cooked to perfection (medium rare), was juicy and full of flavour. The wine was excellent and matched the food well.

The entertainment (live music) was outstanding and I truly felt transported to an estancia with gauchos, horses and wild country...

And it was outstanding value for money ($50 for everything we had including wine, sparkling water, entree, mains, sides and dessert).

If you are in Puerto Iguazu (Argentinian side), you must eat here.

• Visited December 2012