Located at the central square with the historical sights in walking distance and great restaurants nearby.
- Free Wifi
- Breakfast included
I was very despirited with the reviews on Trip Advisor, and my trip just confirmed it. Posadas is a big town, capital of the province, but the hotel scene is just blah.
The good points are location (smack in the city center, next to the main plaza and a mall, and lots of restaurants), free internet and parking (in the nearby mall). The bad ones are that this hotel is old, and can't help a very 80's feeling. The entrance is very dark, and the rooms are small. The air conditioning was ancient. The bathrooms are renovated, though, and the shower was great. The breakfast is just ok.
The problem is, you won't find anything better. The hotel is just not pretty, but it is very convenient nevertheless. All in all, at 245 pesos per night for a double room, it is a good value.
The costanera region is very nice, though, and I would recommend the Mama Chula restaurant, right next to a big Farmacity farmacy. Very good italian food!
A trip to Paraguay to see the Mission Trinidad is a must, also.
I have stayed here on 2/3 occasions - a total of 4/5 days. Considering its strategic location - a convenient stop-off enroute to Iguazu Falls and the most covenient entry point to Paraguay - Posadas is surprisingly poor in hotels, and especially half-decent ones. I hate to say so, but all things consided, this is probably the best of a pretty poor bunch which is undoubtedly why it is often fully booked. This may explain the relatively high rates (for provincial Argentina) and the rather less than friendly staff. On the plus side,it does have free in-room wifi (but not all rooms) and is attached to a good cafe also with free wifi. The desayuno is average for this class of hotel. The rooms you ask? Small and basic - similar to some 2-star French provincial hotels I have stayed at..
1 Close to city center
2 Good breakfast
3 Recently remodelled bathrooms
1 The rooms look like jail cells
2 The smell of the hotel is horrible (mixture of smoke and humidity)
3 The beds are uncomfortable, very hard and smelly
My wife and I were stranded in posada for one night and stayed at this hotel. Unfortunately it was horrible! Very small rooms that smelled of humidity and cigarette smoke. The staff was unpleasant and didn’t speak a word of English and made us feel bad for not trying harder to speak Spanish. All In all I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!
Stayed at the Posadas a few times since we starting doing business in 2005.
The rooms are ok, but the windows are really bad, cheap and single glass.
Make sure you get an internal room or you will suffer.
Excelent! I have been there for 2 days during october 2007.
* Excelent service. People were very friendly there and gave me all the information that i requested.
*rooms are comfortable, silence and very clean.
*Bathrooms very clean.
*the rooms have Tv, cable, air conditioner, fridge with snacks and beverages that you have to pay it only what you consume.
* internet access, i don`t know if they have wire less.
* they have a gym floor.
* inside the hotel they have a restaurant and a bar, also have room service.
* you can leave your suitcase in case you have make the check out and you don`t want to carrie out it if you have time less before going out and yoy want to go for a walk arround Posadas city.
*The hotel is very safetly.
*the hotel is in the downtown of the city, main center, near a lot of banks, cashier exchange, casino, parks, shops, and a 10 minutes by car of the river.
*In the hotel if you need transportation, they put in contact you with car services that take you wherever you want for a low price.
* Prices: all the hotels in Posadas have the same prices moreless for a 3*. But I have to mention something, the only hotel 4* in Posadas have almost the same price and have swimming pool. The difference of the cost is around 10U$ between Posadas Hotel and the 4*. Now I`m travelling again to Posadas city, and in this case and thinking that be are in summer now, and in Misiones the weather is very hot, in this case i will try the 4* hotel, because the price is the same a little more expensive but it have swimming pool. Then I will post my experience in this hotel.
the cost are: Single $125 , doble $160 per day
*they accept credit cards, and exchange dollars but with a low price 3$ = 1 U$
My experience in Posadas Hotel was Excelent