I must admit, after reading the reviews for this hotel, I seriously considered changing my reservation. I am so glad that I did not do this, and stayed at the Sheraton. There are lots of positives and negatives about this hotel. I guess it depends on you, the individual guest, which things are the most important to you. First, lets just say it. It is an atrocious architectual disaster which should never have been built in such a beautiful location. If you can't get past that, then stay somewhere else. I nearly turned around to leave when the taxi drove up to the front of the hotel. It is under renovation and ugly as sin. But let me tell you, when I walked through the doors to the lobby my jaw dropped to the floor. The view was spectacular! The front desk check in area has to have the best view of any hotel in the world. I was sold! The rooms are really quite nice. They are renovated (I looked at several on different floors to be sure) and it appears that everything has been upgraded. Marble floors, clean and comfortable beds, and a standard but very workable bathroom. And very important (this is the jungle) the air conditioning worked very well in the room. The balcony view was stunning. So again, it is a Sheraton. But it is the ONLY hotel at the Falls. And that is really important, particularly at the height of the tourist season. That means you get to the falls FIRST!. Trust me, this is worth the cost of this hotel. When it is 100 degrees with what feels like 100% humidity and you are waiting in a line of hundreds to walk single file to the edge of the Devils Throat (Garganta de diablo) you will praise this hotel. So close and convenient, it allowed us to return for a very nice light lunch at the bar (again looking at the Falls), and then go back out for a different trail walk while everyone else was leaving the park. You also save $300 Argentinian Pesos on a taxi ride to and from the falls if you stayed in town. More positives - I liked the staff! I had different reasons to interact with several people at the front desk and they were all very helpful. One helped me with printing my boarding pass, another with a room change due to odor issue from painting. No problem. The maids did turn down service every night - and I appreciated this extra service and the chocolate on the pillow. I needed the fresh towels because this is a sweaty place, and I used the shower frequently. The rooms were also very clean. We ended up eating all three nights in the hotel restaurant. The food, while not incredible, was pretty good overall. And our waiter, Ever, was a wonderful server who went out of his way to make us feel comfortable and well cared for. Breakfast buffet - everything you could want. Used the pool in the middle of the day while waiting for the crowds to leave. Pool guy just as helpful, putting up the umbrellas and getting us towels. Quite frankly, I think that they do a great job, especially considering the isolated environment and the problems with being in a tropical jungle. I can't give this 5 stars - because it doesn't have that extra panache and the hotel is limited by it's noncreative use of concrete. But don't let that turn you away. It delivers on the things that bring you to Iguazu, and the staff really do seem to enjoy their jobs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in a natural sanctuary in the heart of the jungle, where the magnificent Iguazu Falls cascade in front of the Meliá Iguazu Resort & Spa. . Rest in a quiet and peaceful atmosphere, immersed in the mystical energy of the Paranaense jungle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Melia Iguazu Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Iguazu Hotel Iguazu National Park
- Sheraton Iguazu Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Iguazu National Park
- Iguazu National Park Sheraton