As all the reviews say, this hotel is expensive. And it can afford to charge so much per night, simply because people like me are prepared to pay for the location. The hotel and its room rooms are pleasant enough - I'm clearly not as particular as other reviewers, as I thought the rooms were fine and the food was reasonably priced - but not worth the amount charged. But, importantly for me, the location meant I could be at the Devil's Throat (Garganta del Diablo) literally on my own for more than 25 minutes before the hordes descended on it. To do this, leave the hotel at 7.55am and walk to Cataratas Station, leave there at 8am and walk the 2km following the train track to Garganta Station, followed by the 1.1km on the boardwalk out to the look out and you can be there at 8.30am. The first trainload of people doesn't arrive at the lookout until just before 9am. By that time you are heading back along the boardwalk and catch the empty train back to Cataratas!
To save money, I suggest you don't need a room with a view of the falls. There are a number of common areas in the hotel with the same vantage point.
It is very easy and cheap to catch the bus into the township of Puerto Iguazu. The bus stop is down the hotel driveway and you just wait at the little shelter on the left, the ticket into town is 25 pesos. From town, you can catch another bus (60 pesos return) directly to the Brazil side of the falls. Very easy and cheap!
Heading back to the airport from the hotel, ask reception to book a car for you through an agency and it will cost you 75 pesos, not 110 pesos. You pay the driver directly, try and make sure you have correct money.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Iguazu Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Iguazu Hotel Iguazu National Park
- Sheraton Iguazu Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Iguazu National Park
- Iguazu National Park Sheraton