The location of this hotel is unrivalled with the view to the falls is unforgettable. Its expensive but worth it as a single visit: for the view and to have the easy walking access to the Argentine side of
the falls. The hotel which has been undergoing renovation for some times falls well short of 5 a star Sheraton Hotel, as a club member there were no discernable benefits unlike at other hotels in the chain. The rooms are small and in need of a serious update and de-clutter, the wardrobe is a poor DIY job, bathroom is Ok lots of small
issues like cheap toiletries in Sheraton bottles: TIP: use a plastic card in the eclectic slot to keep the room cool for when you return. But it’s the view you pay for. We arrived at 3pm to find our falls room view ( it’s the only option if you go all that way) room was not
ready and after being offered a small glass of juice was told to wait
45 minutes. We had afternoon tea which was leftovers from breakfast, but what a view. Service by the staff is complacent, as the place is busy and plagued by group travellers and quite a few kids ( sorry it sounds so snobby). The food is buffet style in a canteen environment.
We asked for the a la carte service was dumping in amongst the general mêlée and the food and service was the worst quality and price of the 3 weeks we spent in South America. Grab the bus into town for something more real. 2 nights is enough, our bags were riffled at Iguazu airport, a problem that is common place and the attitude is well that’s what happens here. We flew from BA by Argentine Airways which was easy and cheap, but they were indifferent
about the bags being opened and ordinary items like shoes stolen. The
pool is a great haven but the health spa (why here?) costs! I filled out a customer questionnaire from home, I was sent a reply, full of excuses shame! Yes I know you can’t change the building but the food and the service are expensive and totally unacceptable, a bland response to a bland Sheraton experience, but it’s the only real option!. TIP: get a walking map and get into the park early when it opens and get to the train to go to the Devils Mouth area first its spectacular and wet, there are guides but its not necessary - if you go for the park, falls and the view and accept that the hotel is an average 4 star with bland food its fine- it really is all about the location, location, location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in a natural sanctuary in the heart of the jungle, where the magnificent Iguazu Falls cascade in front of the Meliá Iguazu Resort & Spa. . Rest in a quiet and peaceful atmosphere, immersed in the mystical energy of the Paranaense jungle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Melia Iguazu Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Iguazu Hotel Iguazu National Park
- Sheraton Iguazu Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Iguazu National Park
- Iguazu National Park Sheraton