“Do not stay here based on star ratings!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Formosa
Hotel Internacional de Turismo Formosa
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Formosa
Resistencia, Argentina
“Do not stay here based on star ratings!!”
Reviewed October 23, 2010

My husband & I along with our one year old stayed here for one night & we were so glad that was all. We were thinking based on the price of the room & it being a 4 star hotel that it would be good---Wrong!! The hotel had obviously not been updated in a while. Our room was very small. One king or queen bed which was fine. Only good thing about our room was the beautiful view on the balcony. Bathroom was super small & no tub. Outside of the hall there were random looking puddles of water. They had two elevators. As my husband had just got on with the stroller, I was getting in holding our baby & the door started to shut on me & I had to lunge forward. Thank God the baby was on my hip on my other side but it hurts getting an elevator door shut on you. It really scared us & as we were getting off at the bottom it shut on the stroller. I was quite upset at the whole incident. One of their staff (I think it was a cleaning person) told me there was a switch to stop the elevator because the censor did not work on it. But may I remind you there were no signs posted notifying people of this & it was very unsafe. It was the left elevator if you are staying there so be careful. People were smoking in the lobby. It seems like the hotel is used a lot for events (wedding receptions, conferences, quincieras, etc.) The breakfast was pretty good in the morning. Self-serve & lots of options from crescant rolls, toast, cereal, yogurt, cheese, ham, fruit, etc. The hotel advertised wi-fi but it would never work in our room so I had to go to the lobby to connect. Had an underground secure garage for parking our car. We could see the pool but it was not open when we were there. We were so disappointed in the room, especially with how much we paid.From everything we read, this hotel was the highest rated in Formosa & international at that.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank soncrazed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Also consider these accommodations in or near Formosa
Asterion Hotel
Apart Casa Grande
Apart Casa Grande
#1 of 4 in Formosa
Howard Johnson Hotel and Casino Formosa

Been to Hotel Internacional de Turismo Formosa? Share your experiences!