“Wow!”

Ranked #29 of 817 Restaurants in Mendoza
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Contemporary cuisine with local seasonal products. Restaurant located in Av. Sarmiento 765 of the City of Mendoza. Rest of haute cuisine based on local ingredients, which offers a menu of steps and an exclusive wine cellar with more than 500 options.
Reviewed June 9, 2016

This was so good that we had to go back a second time! There is no wine list, you simply walk into their wine room and choose the wine you'd like. Great concept. The food was unique and delicious. Plus they have an area of food items that you can purchase and take with you. The atmosphere is cozy and the wait staff friendly and very knowledgeable.

1  Thank JanFTX

Reviewed June 6, 2016

Very reasonable prices, and the place and waiters were very good. Excellent location. Local wine was good. However try the open bottles at the bar.

1  Thank Diego D
Reviewed June 5, 2016

This was a great meal overall - terrific food and well priced. Best part though was that instead of a wine list they have a wine room where you go and pick out a bottle - fantastic.

Reviewed May 26, 2016 via mobile

Where to begin....
I arrived one night at azafran to see info could get a table for 1. They were sold out that evening and for the next 2 evenings as well. Ok I'll reserve for my last night in Mendoza for the 8 pm hour.

Arrival: when I pushed the doors open , the hostess dressed in all black saw me and came charging at me like ahe was about to throw me out. DO YOU HAVE RESERVATIONS? Um yes B.... I do. Is what I wanted to say. She located my name , looked around and then ever so nonchalantly flicked her fingers towards a very lonely table. It's ok I know I'm solo ;(
I think miss thing doesn't enjoy her job or enjoys thinking she's God of the reservations. I watched her very rudely turn many people away with a Naaaaaoooo ! Big turn off.

It took about 10 minutes for someone to come and take my order. The restaurant was pretty much empty albeit 2 couples.

I asked for the somaliere ( you can go into their wine storage and choose your own bottle. Such a cool thing to do ) for the cup of the day. A torrentos is what I ordered.

Food , I ordered for starters 1 chorizo empenada , and an arugula salad with baked Camerbet on top seasoned with gorgeous raspberry They were both extremely excellent and came out in record breaking time. 10 minutes.

The bread and butter they offer is also really delicious. The butter is surrounded by seasoning

Main course was a sweet potato gnocchi with tomatoes and carrots and kale And mozzarella topping. It was a complexed bland dish if that even makes sense. When you first start to chew , it's as if you are entering the bitterness of life as the kale screeched to a sour halt in your mouth while the gnocchi smoothed things over with its bland nothingness and once the cheese takes over it kind of all works. It was complex yet very bland and toon work to reach the desired outcome. I wasn't impressed.

To match my main course I drank a Malbec , well 2 glasses of it.

For desert I just wanted something very simple. So I went for the flan. It's almost impossible to get this wrong. And they didn't so that was a relief.

My bill came out to about $67 USD or around $938 ARS. Not bad but not that good for solo dining. But it's the wine that set me back at least 300.

All in all it was nice. I wasn't blown away and left so happy to remember it for all time , but it was decent enough for a final meal in a city.

One last note , the service :
My waitress was phenomenal. I think her name was Augustina or something b she had short brown hair She speaks English Spanish and Portuguese flawlessly and despite the restaurant now packed to its brim , she was diligent and very wonderful.

Reviewed May 24, 2016

Food was excellent. Service was good but could have been slightly more attentive - especially considering we were only people eating inside that day. Wine selection was good.

Date of visit: November 2015