“Informative, delicious and beautiful!”
Review of Ampora Wine Tours

Ampora Wine Tours
Ranked #4 of 126 Tours in Mendoza
More attraction details
Owner description: At Ampora Wine Tours we organize high-end tasting tours with gourmet wine pairing lunches to Mendoza's most important wine regions. These are semi-private tours in small groups up to 8 people, or private deluxe tours where we pull out all the stops - the best possible wine quality you will be able to find in Mendoza. We also offer our "Black List" tastings at our own exclusive wine space: Reservation only tastings of Mendoza's top shelf wines, highly rated wines and hidden gems.
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This tour was absolutely amazing! I did a bike tour in Mendoza as well and they do not even compare. The bike tour was not bad but it is simply different.

Ampora wine tour was very professional and took care of everything! I wanted to do a full day wine tour and do it right and this was the greatest pick and worth the extra cost!

Pros
- Bus was great and nice ride to the vineyards.
- Tour guide was very informative along the way and pointed out history marks, etc.
- The vineyards were amazing, beautiful and great information was shared by all tour guides.
- The wines were amazing. The guides at all the vineyards answered all my questions and were very helpful. I definitely know much more about wine now!
- They printed a list for me of importers in Canada that import their wines.
- The food at the last vineyard was fantastic. They accommodated my lactose intolerance which was very nice.

Cons
- It felt a little rushed sometimes from vineyard to vineyard. Not enough time to really sit and enjoy the wine, explore the vineyard or take pictures. Maybe a suggestion would be to offer three vineyards in same area with lunch.
- Lunch was very late so bring a snack with you because wine on an empty stomach is not good.
- Would like to suggest that the tour guide takes a picture of the group at some point at the vineyard and shares it with the whole team.

All reviews
in 20 reviews
"wonderful guide"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Excellent tour and great guide. Nice and interesting vineyards, each unique and tasty wines, all very different so you don't get bored. Generous portion sizes compared to the uk! Fantastic lunch and I think great value for money considering the lunch and the quantity and diversity of wine. Fantastic!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

We went on your wine tour back in July 2013 and really enjoyed the trip. It was the slow season, so we were the only ones there and the service was therefore excellent!

All the places we went to were great and very different to each other. The food and wine were all quality. Our host was very friendly and knowledgeable.

We would recommend you to any of our friends who travel to the Mendoza region. Thanks for the wonderful memories and all the best!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

My husband and I went to Argentina and part of our trip was to Mendoza. I researched many wine tour companies and decided to book two full day wine tours with Ampora Wine Tours because they were rated #1 on Trip Advisor. That was a fantastic decision! These tours were the highlight of our trip. The transportation was great (clean air conditioned van), the tour guides were wonderful and very knowledgable and the wineries that we visited were amazing! I also have to say the lunches provided exceeded all expectations! The food was absolutely wonderful and five star. We also loved the small group environment. The tastings we received at each winery were generous and the tours were so much fun. We really enjoyed being able to drink a wine from the barrel and then tasting the final product. What an experience! I have to add that we booked a much higher priced all day winery tour in Chili with a different company and Ampora Wine Tours beat them hands down. I highly recommend this company if you enjoy your wine:)

1  Thank AMaci