“A day well lived”
Review of Ampora Wine Tours

Ampora Wine Tours
Ranked #2 of 125 Food & Drink in Mendoza
More attraction details
Owner description: Ampora Wine Tours organizes daily high-end tasting tours to Mendoza's most important wine regions. The tours are full day with private wine tastings and include gourmet winery lunches. Small groups with a maximum of 8 people ensure an authentic, personal Mendoza Wine Experience. Ampora also offers international shipping of boutique and limited edition wines through their wine club, and organizes regular wine and food events in their very own wine lounge.
Mar del Plata, Argentina
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“A day well lived”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was in mendoza for business and I take a day off to get to know some of the wonderful things that Mendoza has to offer. Ampora was a great choice, because they have put together a really good tour, that reunites some of the best of argentinians wines, great views of the andes and very diverse bodegas (in wines and histories). I take the Luján de Cuyo tour, and we get to Pulenta State, Bodegas Lagarde and Caelum for wine testing and have a great five steps meal in Melipal, with the best view over a 90 years old "parral", a trout pond and the Andes. Ramiro, the guide, was really helpful and kind without be overly attentive, and he helped me to have I great day even though I was by myself and surrounded by happy couples (no doubt, the best way to do a bodegas tour is with the loved one) Although is pricier than other tours, everything was picture perfect.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Well worth it! I would do it again in a heartbeat.”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had an absolutely wonderful time. When we signed up, it seems like an expensive price for a day of wine tasting and lunch - especially for what we are used to here in the US.

It was totally worth the price - the experience is completely different and very special. I love the singular and personal attention that the guide provided as well as each winery. It felt that we were VIP visitors to each location.

Lunch was super tasty and the view was spectacular at Ruca Malen, I took pictures and will re-create here at home.

This is one of my memories I will keep forever and if I am ever back in Mendoza will do it again in another area.

Bishop, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Ampora Wine Tour's Uco Valley Wine Experience was recommended by a colleague who took the tour last February. After comparing other wine tours in and around Mendoza, we decided that this was the type of wine tasting we were interested in: a small group of eight people, just a few wineries, personalized tour, and a paired tasting - in this case a 5-course meal at O. Fournier, the largest of the three wineries whose architecture brings to mind James Bond meets Star Wars. The whole Ampora experience was delightful, from beginning to end. The office staff was very responsive as we refined our travel plans, the deposit process online was easy; and when we arrived in Mendoza we were able to meet Mercedes in person and complete our registration. Our tour guide, Jose, was fabulous: knowledgeable, energetic and fun. We visited three wineries, small, medium and large (O. Fournier). The tours were as different as their wines. Our first winery, medium-sized Atamisque was a perfect introduction to the history of and current activity in the wineries of Uco Valley. Our Atamisque guide was enthusiastic, informative, and thorough in explaining the new, state-of-the-art equipment and methods. He was the perfect host during the wine tasting, and we never felt rushed. I enjoyed all three wineries immensely, but for me, Gimenez Rilli, the smallest of the three, was the highlight. We enjoyed an intimate and leisurely tasting with the charming owner Eduardo around a beautifully set wooden table that included delicious hors-d'oeuvres and a surprise treat.The Ampora Experience included a full day of tasting, sampling, learning and enjoying, made all the more delightful by our indefatigable guide Jose. Several people in our group had already taken other wine tours with Ampora, which speaks highly of the quality of the tours, the guides and the staff. I highly recommend this wine tasting experience and will definitely book another one with Ampora the next time we're in Mendoza.

2 Thank Hikermaman
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful wine tour with Ampora!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was the highlight of our trip to Mendoza. Our guide was very knowledgable and friendly. The winery selections were 1st class, as was the excellent lunch. We give them 5 stars and would highly recommend there service! There website made it easy to register so the only thing left to do is enjoy this memorable experience.

Dakar
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Excellent Wine Tour with Knowledgeable and Personable Guide”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Excellent wine tour. At the last minute, I decided to do a wine tour the next day and was able to get everything set up quickly. Customer service was excellent. There were only 5 of us and the tour guide and it was a great experience. Tour guide was so knowledgeable and personable and really seemed to enjoy it, which contributed to my enjoyment. We visited three wineries--each with a different feel from size to family ownership (actually at the second one, we visited on Mother's Day and the place was filled with kids as they prepared to get ready for a Mother's Day brunch/lunch); then an excellent meal at the last one. After the tour, they dropped off a voucher for a complimentary glass of wine at their tasting room. Highly recommended.