“Great and modern boutique hotel”

Amerian Executive Mendoza Hotel
Ranked #16 of 84 Hotels in Mendoza
Lima, Peru
“Great and modern boutique hotel”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is a different hotel from the Amerian, located next to it. Its much more smaller and newer. Staff is super nice and helpful. They even let me do an early check in without paying extra. Super affordable rates during 2013. I would go back as many times as I can to the Amerian Executive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed at the Amerian in Mendoza in August 2013. What an experience! First the good things. It is in a good location across from the Plaza Italia. Some of the front desk people are very knowledgeable and helpful. Some speak good English.
Now for the other side. The front desk is staffed with several people who do not know the area We were sent to pay for one of our tours to a kiosk that had been closed for two years!
They did not know the restaurants in the area and were not at all helpful in making reservations for us. One night they said our reservation was made, but upon arrival no one had ever called for us. The sheets were not changed in eight days. They offer room service but not between 3 and 8:00. We could not get any food after our long flight and nothing to drink until 8:00. The Internet is limited and not strong. Do not plan to work while you are here as the Internet is limited even though they advertise WiFi. Breakfast is quite large but exactly the same every day. Canned pears, dried fruit, toast, eggs and hot dogs.

Room Tip: The middle floors had very poor water pressure so try for one high up.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Angieinaz1
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed three nights and were very impressed by the huge room and comfortable bed. It was in an excellent, safe location and all staff members were very polite and helpful. The breakfast buffet was amplify stocked and all facilities were clean. We felt it was an excellent value and enjoyed our stay.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sharmaine M
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Very well located and I am sure when the hotel was built it was a fabulous property. Now a days, the rooms are outdated and the faux wood floors are incredibly noisy. Bathrooms fixtures and floors are in desperate need of updating. As the previous reviewer mentioned, rooms are very spacious but almost useless as the only TV is in the bedroom.

Will definitely check out other hotels in the area before I stay here again.

Room Tip: As high as possible to avoid traffic noise. Good Luck!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank FNet0
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed at the Amerian for 3 nights on a business trip. When I was over there, I was not pleased at all with the room.
I have to recognize that the room was rather large, I was travelling on my own and I got a large room with two double beds (not so useful for me, but anyway). The first thing that stroke me was the sink inside the bedroom, next to the mini-bar it smelled so bad that the whole bedroom had a terrible perfume. Then I got to see the TV set it was smaller than the computer monitor in my office (and I have an 18 inches monitor). The whole room looked like it needed some maintenance. I was staying on a 12th floor room and it was very noisy. I got to hear all the traffic in the avenue.
Now a week later, somehow I realize that I kept better memories than I thought of the hotel. After all, I was able to get some good sleep.
I also got the breakfast at the hotel and it was quite simple but the pastries were delicious.
I would have to say that the hotel is very well located. It is just across the street from a beautiful garden and on a walking distance from restaurants, shops and bars.
In sum, I would say that if you are not a very strict or exigent person, this could be a good place to stay. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bahia Blanca, Argentina
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is my 2nd stay at the Executive and although the ownership has recently changed there is no noticeable difference, which is good because I really enjoyed my last stay. The front desk continues to be very helpful. Rooms very large with very good lighting for hotel rooms.
Minor gripe : toiletries were handed out sparingly, one night I had just 1 small bar of soap to use between the sink & shower & laundry list/bags were not automatically replaced when your laundry was returned! Location great very convenient for the main downtown area and plenty of good restaurants within several blocks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel is located right where you wanna be in Mendoza, right next to the park. The rooms are nice and large and the decor is a little out dated. The concierge is hit or miss depending on who you get, some not so friendly and warm. DO NOT eat here, the room service was microwaved dog food and they did not remove it from the bill or take it from the hallway because it was stinking up our room. But overall not bad because the location is perfect.

• Stayed April 2013