“Exceptionally charming guide to the Mendoza area”

Taste Mendoza Walking Tour
Ranked #81 of 142 Tours in Mendoza
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: On this 2 1/2 hour of tour we cover Mendoza's wide avenues and streets (Emilio Civit Avenue, Sarmiento Street, San Martin Avenue), its five plazas (Espana, Italia, Independencia, Chile and San Martin) while sharing its great history and its present. Tasting of wine and cheese is included. The tour is in English or in Spanish and we meet EVERY DAY in front of San Martin Park Gates. Please make your reservation before! WALKING AND TASTING: $350 (argentinian pesos) WALKING: $250 (argentinian pesos)
Reviewed December 8, 2014

We asked Magdelena for a walking tour outside of Mendoza, which she had not done previously. She researched both our interests and what was available in the area BEFORE we met, so that our afternoon went very smoothly. The mate shared in the park was special for us. Since this was the end of a month of independent travel in Argentina, we had a number of political and social questions to which she responded both thoughtfully and with good humor. Magdelena is a warm and very well-informed young woman, mature for her years, and seems to really enjoy introducing people of all ages to her world.

Magdalena I, Owner at Taste Mendoza Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2014

Hello Pat and Rick!!! Lovely sourprise to see your comment!! Thank you very much!!

I also had a wonderful afternoon with you in Chacras de Coria, and enjoy your last afternoon in Mendoza!!

I am very happy you could understand better the way we are!!

Good luck with everything!

Cheers!! Maggie

Reviewed November 27, 2014

We had a very good walking tour. Great overview of history of this city and some of the grand old houses on its main ave. Also toured city centre and its 5 plazas. Then had a wine and olive oil tasting where I sampled the best Malbec I have ever had. Maggie was a very informative guide who speaks english well and I highly recommend her tour.

Magdalena I, Propietario at Taste Mendoza Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2014

Carl thank you so much for sharing your comment!!!
Glad you enjoy malbec so much!! Keep trying different options!!!
Cheeers,

Reviewed November 24, 2014

Our first day in Mendoza started with us catching the local tour bus which was a pretty disappointing experience, and left us feeling that Mendoza didn't have much to offer. However, later the same day, we had signed up with Maggie for a personal walking tour. This turned out to be a really enjoyable, informative and engaging experience. As we learnt about Mendoza, and about our guide, we found that Maggie had set up the walking tour herself as her own project after living abroad and discovering that Mendoza did not have any such offering. She set about researching the architecture and history of the city, and designed the walking tour to take people past all the significant points of interest, and with a circuit of the five parks. Maggie's passion and attention to detail are what really made this worth while, and in just over 2 hours we felt we had learnt and seen so much!

Thank you Maggie for introducing us to Mendoza - was a great experience!

P.S. I appreciate the little details, like Maggie turning her cell phone off during the tour so we wouldn't be disturbed, buying us bottles of water, and recommending a ton of local eateries as we made our way round!

Thank you Yi-hsing and Daniel so much for your review!!! I am very glad you had a wonderful experience during a typical sunday afternoon in my town!!
It was really nice to meet you and enjoy some time together!!
Cheers!!!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

A great way to familiarise yourself with the city of Mendoza and learn a bit about the history and culture of the region. The tour finishes with a fantastic wine tasting. This tour is the best way to start any visit to Mendoza.

Magdalena I, Propietario at Taste Mendoza Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Thank you so much for your opinion Jodie!!!
It was a really pleasure receiving you in Mendoza and knowing something about your life as well!! You are always welcome!! Cheers!! Enjoy!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

A great afternoon with Magdalena exploring the lovely city of Mendoza! What a great guide - incredibly knowledgable about the city, the history and the architecture. Friendly and accommodating. Followed by a generous wine tasting at Cepas winery - excellent! Good value and a lovely way to spend an afternoon. Don't miss out!!

2  Thank 551682Jill
Magdalena I, Propietario at Taste Mendoza Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thank you very much Jill!! I'm glad to hear you enjoy all the tour!! Mendoza is always waiting for you!!! Have a great time!! Maggie