“Excellent!”

Ranked #2 of 91 Mendoza B&B and Inns
Bishop, California
“Excellent!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The next I'm in Mendoza I will stay there again. Great location, super nice room, sumptuous breakfast, and the best hosts. I stayed two nights and arranged for Javier to pick me up at the airport. My luggage didn't arrive and he made the arrangements for the airline to deliver my bags to the B&B. I had a problem with my bus ticket to Las Lenas, so on the way from the airport to the B&B, we stopped at the bus station and he helped fix that problem. His restaurant recommendations were impeccable and he even set up an outstanding wine tour for me. It was so nice to have such a great experience my first two days in Argentina.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed at B&B Plaza Italia with my daughter, son-in-law and baby. Mercedes, Javier and Cecelia were wonderful, gracious hosts who could not have been more accommodating to all our needs. The actual house was beautiful - impeccably clean, gracefully stylish and yet still cozy with a comforting home-like feel. Our rooms were quiet, warm, well ventilated and always kept clean with a ready supply of towels. The location opposite Plaza Italia was perfect. I would give Mercedes, Javier and their wonderful B&B my whole-hearted recommendation to anyone staying in Mendoza.

Room Tip: We had a double room. One had 3 single beds and masses of room for our portable cot. This room could...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Budleigh Salterton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Hospitality was exceptional. Owing to a delay crossing the Andes we arrived in the early hours of the morning but were still warmly greeted. This beautiful family home cleverly combines elegance with comfort and a relaxing atmosphere. Our room was immaculate and attention paid to detail for the convenience of the visitor. It was also, thankfully, very quiet. Our stay was short but our hosts spent time giving us advice and recommendations as to how to get the best from our stay. Mendoza is a beautiful city and we were fortunate to choose what must be the best accommodation in town.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed May 9, 2013

What an amazing, amazing place to call home for a few days. The house was impeccably clean, the rooms quiet and spacious and the beds comfortable. What made the stay most memorable for us was getting to spend time with Mercedes, the owner. She makes you feel right at home and is so much fun to sit and talk with. I am so glad we had the chance to stay here.

• Stayed April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We, unfortunately did not stay at this B&B as it was full, but we did take Javier's wine tour which was a highlight of our trip to Argentina. We have done many wine tours in a few countries, but nothing compares to the full day we experienced with Javier. 4 wineries, all different experiences, and an incredible lunch with wine pairings on an outside terrace with a view to die for!!! He very knowingly changed our dinner reservation to the next night as he knew we would not be able to do our meal justice after our many course lunch. We felt the day long tour was very reasonably priced for what we got. And his English is superb!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank diwaldo21
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed at B&B Plaza Italia in February at the end of several weeks in Argentina, and it was just what I needed. The B&B is absolutely lovely. You can tell that this is the family's historic home; it is so well-taken care off, and the decor and little touches throughout the villa make you feel so at home. Mercedes is a gracious host and takes so much time to give you recommendations on things to do and places to eat. Her recommendations are gems! The first day I deviated from her list and had a very sub-par meal. Then I tried one of her parrilla recommendations (La Barra) and wow-- delicious! For the rest of the trip, I followed her dining suggestions and was not once disappointed. The whole team there is stellar. My room was kept clean and cozy; breakfast service was so attentive; and Cecilia was able to get me into a day package tour to La Cachueta hot springs on short notice. In addition to the B&B, I would highly recommend the wine tour by Javier. As many other reviewers have said, this was a highlight of my trip to Mendoza. Not only does Javier know his stuff when it comes to wine, but growing up in that area he knows and understands the people and the history of that wine region. It was like a personalized insider's tour. A friend who joined me on the tour with Javier also did a tour with another organization later in the week and said that Javier's was the clear standout. I give B&B Plaza Italia my highest recommendation and hope to have the chance to stay there again! Muchas gracias!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Mendoza was one of our favorite stops during our South American travels. Much of that was due to the pleasant stay we had at B&B Plaza Italia. This B&B is run by a wonderful family who helped make us feel at home. The highlight of our trip was the wine tour that Javier arranged for us. We went to 4 different wineries touring vineyards, tasting grapes off the vines, and had an amazing lunch with wine pairings. Mercedes was so kind to help care for my husband who got sick during our stay. The house is in a great location near restaurants, wine bars and a lovely park.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple