All reviews plaza chile great location twin beds fresh fruit mac cheese spacious rooms the air conditioning wifi corkscrew argentina kettle medialunas
Selected filters
Reviewed April 16, 2018

Clean suites with living room and kitchen with microwave, kettle, utensils and dishes. However there are no cookware if you want to prepare your own meals. Good continental b’fast included in price.

Our room was comfortable and spacious. One negative issue was that the bathroom had a sewage smell from the drain. It was ok for a one night stay. Informed the receptionist and they said they would check it out. Did not appear anything was done and the smell did not go away.

Location is right across Plaza Chile and a couple of blocks from Plaza Independencia. In Plaza Chile, all the benches are named after a Chilean city.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Pros:
Great Location
Friendly and helpful staff
Breakfast not bad

Cons:
Don’t stay in an -03 room if you rise past 7:30/8 AM... There’s a school full of SCREAMING children and these rooms face their gym court. They do not stop... I think there’s a gym class scheduled at every slot before siesta time. The hotel knows this but does not see a need to let guests know before arrival. I think that this is in poor taste given their expectation of you notifying them of late arrivals... So imagine your dismay when you arrive past midnight on a Sunday-Thurs and get the constant HIGH PITCHED screams as your alarm clock.

WiFi ... It would score a 1-2 overall. When you mention it to staff, they choose to conveniently have hearing deficits. Not a problem given the great location (lots of WiFi at nearby cafes and restaurants and even bars) but do Not plan to attempt work at the hotel if this requires WiFi. It’s essentially useless and gets quite frustrating past the 2nd day’s attempt.

The body of water on the top floor (not sure if they refer to it as a hot tub or pool... the elevator picture of it is quite amusing as it creates a slightly different impression)... It’s definitely not a pool. Will just say that.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank HaylioS
Reviewed March 9, 2018 via mobile

Mendoza is a fabulous walking city and the hotel is close to everything in the core. Rooms are spacious, quiet and the beds comfy. Would certainly stay here again. Thanks again to the welcoming and helpful staff!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2018

We booked a room with 2 twin beds and a double, and it was huge! It was divided into one private bedroom and then the twin beds were in a large communal area. Each room had AC and TV, and it was amazingly spacious. It is also right across from Plaza Chile, and our room had a nice view. The staff were all very friendly and professional. The breakfast was delicious, with scrambled eggs, ham, cheese, fresh juice, medialunas, a variety of breads and cereal, and excellent coffee. The WiFi was not the fastest, but hotel WiFi rarely is. Overall, I think it would be hard to find something this great for the price. I definitely recommend staying here.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 18, 2018

Our group of students and faculty members stayed in this hotel for about a week during a study-abroad trip. I have a very positive opinion of the hotel guest experience and a moderate opinion of their meeting-hosting skills.

Regarding the hotel guest experience, for a property at this price point, it is close to top-notch. The rooms/suites are quite large (I had a room to myself and felt like I was living in a small apartment). Although the cooking facilities are somewhat rudimentary, I found that the staff was very prompt in providing additional items on request; for example, my request for a corkscrew resulted in someone knocking on my door in about 3 minutes – and she also handed me some candy!

The housekeeping staff is excellent. They not only replenish all items, but they seem to take great care in changing the sheets and sweeping/mopping the floor. One can walk around in white socks without getting them dirty! I was able to chat with a couple of the staff members using my rudimentary Spanish, and they were unfailingly polite and eager to serve.

The breakfast offerings are adequate. There was a container of scrambled eggs available each morning along with yogurt (spoonable and drinkable), some cold cereal choices, ham/cheese plate, a great bowl of mixed fresh fruit, toast, and various pastry options (none that were all that great, in my opinion). Some of the pastries do change a little from day to day, but otherwise the buffet is fairly repetitious. The tables do fill up at peak times, and the wait staff seems fairly slow in clearing them, so sometimes one must sit at a table looking at someone else’s dirty dishes if one wants to eat.

The wifi/Internet service is quite variable in the hotel. It seemed to be fairly good in some places but very undependable in others. Based on what my Argentine friends tell me (and some real data back them up on this), Argentina’s overall Internet connectivity lags that of much of the industrial world. (I saw a statistic showing Argentina’s average download speed at about 1/3 of the average worldwide.) So perhaps some of this is a function of the country’s Internet challenges; even so, when things work well in one part of the building but poorly in others, that strikes me as something the hotel management could focus on.

While the general hotel experience is a very good one, things are not as smooth when it comes to the hosting of meetings. As far as I can tell, their only real meeting space (at least for more than a dozen people) is on the top (4th) floor. Although the staff was fairly prompt in setting up the room as we requested, we had significant trouble one day in getting them to find/deliver the proper projector. Also, due to some sort of miscommunication with the staff, they did not bring the morning break refreshments one day. To the general manager’s credit, however, she wrote us an effusive note of apology about that latter mixup. The 4th floor room seems to have only one output for the air conditioning (a large blower and vent mounted at the ceiling in the back of the room). So we had constant tension regarding the room temperature, with those in the back claiming they were freezing and those in the front saying they were hot. (The outside temperature was often approaching 100 degrees Fahrenheit [38 Celcius] during our January stay.)

The property has two elevators that can used by guests, but on about half of the days of our stay, only one of the two was working. Even when service was restored to the faltering one, the light on the floor selection buttons were not working so it was never clear whether it had registered one’s floor choice or not.

Overall, I highly recommend this property for general hotel stays. I would be a bit wary of scheduling a business meeting here.

Date of stay: January 2018