“Great value”
Review of El Portal Suites

El Portal Suites
Ranked #26 of 84 Hotels in Mendoza
Reviewed December 28, 2009

First of all, would probably recommend staying our of Mendoza city if you are on a romantic trip as the wine areas are much nicer. That all said...
This hotel was excellent. We checked in at 6am without any additional charges, all the reception guys spoke English and recommended restaurants, tours etc. Our room/suite was massive and had air conditioning everywhere. Even has a roof terrace with small pool.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChompBelfast
There are newer reviews for El Portal Suites

Reviewed November 26, 2009

WE stayed in mendoza twice in 10 days. the first time at theVillagio which was ok but quite noisy.On our return we stayed at EL portal suites. Rooms nicer and better value for money than Villagio and much quieter. would strongly recommend to anyone wanting a 4 star experience.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank NewZealandWino
Reviewed June 23, 2009

I arrived a sunday to mendoza and I thought that nothing was going to happen. I chosed El Portal Suites Hotel right in the Plaza Chile, located few blocks from the main economic and shopping area of the city. I walked 4 blocks and found several restaurants to choose that night. In the next morning I had several meetings in downtown and I could walk to all of them because the Hotel was near of everything. I am not a fan of restaurantes inside hotels but I got surprised with the one in Portal Suites because I oredered Italian food one night and argentinean beef and fries another night and was quite good and very good price.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2009

I hesitated between rating this hotel as very good and average. It's fine. The rooms are large - we never really used the sitting area and kitchen of our room. The location is quite good - you're about a 10 minute walk to the city centre. The staff is generally friendly and attentive. The breakfast was fine as well. There's a small rooftop pool - very small - but it's not bad to cool off and have a drink at the end of the day.
We got a corporate rate at the hotel - about $85 USD/night in February of 2009 - and given the price, we were thoroughly satisfied with it.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2007

We went with my familiy for our national day's holliday (September 18th). I was very glad that we were staying next to the Chile park, so that way we were going to "feel like home".

We arrived to the hotel, it is very nice, in the center of mendoza. It is difficult to park because it has just a few parking lots. We were pleased when they assigned us a superior room, very big, with a couple more beds and the fridge and kitchenette was very useful.

The problems started when the party (at the Chile park) begun. It was every night during our stay. It finished at 3:00 am. That wouldn't have been a problem if it wasn`t for a school that started at 7:00 am with gym classes. So we couldn't rest much.

The breakfast was simple, bread and some cakes, always the same.

Despite all of this we enjoyed the city and its amazing park and zoo.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank mafoso
Reviewed May 13, 2006

After staying at Posada Salentein, it is hard to get excited about any hotel in the city of Mendoza. I can't really compare it to other Mendoza hotels since I didn't stay at any but it had a good central location and was clean and met our needs.

Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank Fritch
Reviewed February 23, 2005

This was one of 9 hotels that I visited within a 4 week period. I loved this one!! It was a boutique hotel and it's just the cutest. Lots and lots of space. The room I had was a like a studio apartment equipped with a fridge, stove, dining room table and lots of other seating. It was too cute!

It was a super clean room and the bathroom was wonderful! It was so bright and pretty large. Be careful though, because the you can hear your upstairs neighbor through the vents. I actually found myself talking to some of my trip mates in the mornings through the vents. It was kinda funny.

It was on the street but it was a quiet street, so the noise was not too bad. The location was great. We were close to some great restaurants and a casino.

I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2004, traveled on business