All reviews plaza independencia great location the main square the ground floor staff at reception the room was nice air conditioner within easy walking distance bed was comfortable excellent hotel the heart of the city wine tour common areas franco hyatt pesos
Selected filters
Reviewed December 1, 2018

The hotel is conveniently located in the centre of town with a wide range of restaurants within close walking distance. Independence square (opposite the hotel) is fun at weekends as there are a lot of stalls for local craft shopping.

The room was a reasonable size, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast was adequate. Overall, we got excellent value for money.

The outstanding feature of the hotel was the staff at reception. There was always one on duty who spoke good English and they did all they could to make sure our needs were met. When we encountered a problem with a driver (recommended by them), they did all they could to resolve the issue and successfully got us back safely. However, we could have been stranded if not for my wife's resourcefulness. The hotel must give guests a card with a valid email address and other contact details for emergencies.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
MEHidalgo1, Gerente Operativa at Argentino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2018

Dear GrahamC981: Thank you very much for your comments.
Words like these encourage us to improve our services day by day.
We are glad to know that your stay at Argentino Hotel met your expectations.
Greetings and we hope to see you soon here again.

Reviewed November 19, 2018 via mobile

Well located on the main square with friendly helpful staff. Convenient for restaurants and sightseeing- also shopping. We stayed twice and had the same room both times- rather a small, gloomy and poorly equipped room at the back of the ground floor. Fine for an overnight stop.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phil C
MEHidalgo1, Gerente Operativa. at Argentino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2018

Dear Phil: Thank you for leaving us your words.
Comments like these help us improve the quality of our services.
Warm greetings.

Reviewed November 16, 2018

The Argentino hotel is located adjacent to Independence Square and close to both business and entertainment areas. It is a smaller boutique hotel with clean rooms and smaller gathering and eating areas. The 'Standard Room' is small, the bed takes most of the room area. The 'Deluxe' and 'Executive' rooms are reasonable with large bathrooms and not that much more expensive. Breakfast is served each morning and included in the price. It is better than may small boutique hotels including eggs if you want them.

We stayed in Argentino this week with another couple (on two separate floors) and did not see, smell or experience the cleanliness issues reported elsewhere and, based on my experience, not sure of the accuracy. I give the hotel 3 1/2 stars.

Where Argentino excels is their staff. We had an issue with an online booking when I verified the reservation a few days before arrival. As soon as I contacted him, Max (afternoon and evening desk) went out of his way to make sure that our issue was resolved quickly, including updates through the next morning when he was off shift. Max and his day partner, Alejandro, provided excellent service for us and all the guests and the breakfast staff always kept the eating area clean and fully provisioned.

I give the service staff a solid '4 Stars' +

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Rob: Thank you very much for your comments.
The Argentino Hotel team appreciates your words and is glad that your stay has been pleasant.
We hope to see you soon!!
Greetings.

Reviewed October 11, 2018

Just made a reservation at this hotel and made a typing mistake on the date (have you ever mixed up 12/1 and 1/12?). Although I realized this straight away and tried to reverse it within 2 minutes and make the correct date reservation at the same hotel, the Argentino hotel refused my request and would not refund my money. Needless to say, the reservation I still have to make in Mendoza will be at a different hotel.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
MEHidalgo1, Gerente Operativo at Argentino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2018

Dear Mr. Barden: Checking the booking records we do not have an order in your name on the dates you raise. Would you be so kind as to be able to check data more accurately to give me a reservation number or your personal email?
We await your comments.
Greetings.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

I do not like to give such bad reviews, but I feel that if other people had been honest, or if I had taken them more seriously, our trip to Mendoza could have been saved.

First, the ripoff. This property does not have its own reservation system so I booked it through Tripadvisor which uses Cancelon.com. When the price went from the advertised $78 per night to $99 after fees and taxes, I assumed that they had included the VAT which upon paying with my foreign credit card would be removed. It was not removed, in fact cancelon was happy to provide proof that their fees make up the difference. So, their booking fee is over 26%. Never again.

Second, the hotel is a dump. Before I describe the hotel, I want to give credit to the staff working the desk and bar. They were always helpful, friendly, and attempted to accommodate us with the little resources at their disposal.

I found this hotel in a NYT article about a boutique hotel in a great location. Well, the location was good. The hotel is a run down hodge podge of a place that apparently requires a great deal of bleach every day to hide whatever must be going on. The chemical smell in the rooms is so bad that one of our friends was literally sick for the rest of the trip and we all (party of 4) avoided going back to the room any time possible.

We discussed the smell with the staff and they tried to use less chemicals but the smell was in the linens, carpet, bathroom, everywhere. We attempted to move at our own expense, but everything in the area was booked at that point so we stuck it out for the three nights. Oddly enough, the bleach wasn't able to remove the mold in the bathrooms. Nothing felt clean. The room safes worked about half the time, the air conditioning was on its last legs. When an air conditioner would die, they would just install another old unit and leave the old one there to continue to grow mold.

In the United States, the health department would close this place. Book it at your own risk, and know that you are getting screwed by cancelon.com.

Room tip: Go smell the room and hallway before you take it
Date of stay: September 2018