“Mendoza with Miguel”

Driving Mendoza Wine Tours
Ranked #24 of 119 Tours in Mendoza
Reviewed March 14, 2014

A heartfelt thanks to Miguel for making our first visit Mendoza one of the most memorable vacations we have ever enjoyed. This from a couple that travels the world on a weekly basis. Miguel picked us up at the airport seeing to the transportation of our oversized luggage (golf clubs) with an additional car for the luggage. He missed no detail from booking our tee times to picking superb wineries and restaurants for us to visit and enjoy. We hired Miguel for 4 of the 5 days we were in Mendoza and every day was unique as he showed us the different venues of the area. We look forward to returning and exploring the region further with Miguel. This review was unsolicited and we highly recommend Miguel’s services.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Recently, my fiance and I spent a day with Miguel touring 4 different wineries in Mendoza. We reviewed the options available to us online and emailed Miguel with questions about the different options available. His responses were prompt and gave us the additional direction we needed to make our final decision. We chose to tour the Uco Valley region as we had heard from multiple sources that it was a center of a experimentation in the area and was and had several up and coming bodegas.

Miguel dropped by our Hotel the evening before the trip to introduce himself and give us a brief description of what the next day had in store for us. His english is excellent. He lived in Canada for a couple of years! We started at 8:50 am sharp and were sipping Chardonnay by 10am. Our Spanish is terrible, so Miguel offered to translate for us during our visit to the second winery. We had a lunch at the boutique-y Bodega Azul and did another tasting there. We finished up after a fourth winery in the afternoon.

Not only is Miguel a great wine tour driver, he is also has a great sense of humor and an extensive knowledge of wines - especially the ones being produced in the Mendoza region. My fiance and I never felt uneasy with him. He made us feel at home during our wine tour and pushed the experience from great to unforgettable.

1  Thank Elgauchoaz
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Thanks to Miguel we had a really good day out. It wasn't the full luxury experience of the more expensive tours - but it was a well prepared agenda and a very personal experience - for those that just want to see and experience the local scene. Miguel made it all feel very convivial and friendly in between vineyards, although he leaves it to the experts when you're in the vineyards (as you'd expect)

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Keeping my review short since it mostly echoes what others have already said, but our two days with Miguel were fantastic. He was very knowledgeable about the region and was able to seamlessly integrate some of his suggestions into an itinerary that included some wineries we had targeted.

My wife and I will also be always grateful that he nudged us towards Mun (@ Casarena) for lunch. Such a fantastic experience!

Miguel is great guide and we would highly recommend him for anyone that is interested in a highly customized Mendoza experience.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

First --- Driving Mendoza Wine Tours is AWESOME.

In late December 2013 I had the opportunity to travel to Mendoza with my two sisters. I had done some research prior, and emailed Miguel Sanz, as I'd heard a driver is necessary to access the wineries outside of Mendoza. Miguel was very fast to respond with excellent english. His price seemed reasonable for three people and a suggested two day itinerary -- one day of wine tasting and one day of light hiking followed by a late winery lunch.

These guys far exceeded expectations: not only is Miguel (and subsequently Pedro on day two) knowledgeable about wine, and the general area, but he has a dynamite personality and kept us laughing the entire time. Having grown up in Mendoza, Miguel knows where to go and doesn't take you to cookie cutter wineries. Our lunch at Bodega La Azul was incredible and our tastings were all highly personalized. One the second day, Pedro drove us to the base of Aconcagua. Pedro is one of the best drivers I had seen and his one-liners are on par with Miguel. Apparently he also does fly-fishing and mountain biking trips, so I will definitely be returning.

Overall I can't recommend Driving Mendoza Wine Tours enough!