“I love mendoza”

Discover the Andes Expeditions - Day Tours
Ranked #41 of 120 Tours in Mendoza
More attraction details
Owner description: We have devoted the last 25 years to welcoming visitors who come to Mendoza for a particular purpose: outdoor adventures as well as wine, cultural and culinary experiences. We want your trip to be exactly what you want it to be; that means there’s no such thing as a package tour with us. No two experiences are the same because no two requests are ever identical – we tailor every trip to fit you in the snuggest way possible. We won’t suggest anywhere that we haven’t been to and seen for ourselves, so we can give you an insight into each experience and create a stay not many could match. Not only do we impart to you our intricate knowledge of the region, culture and wine industry, but we care deeply about your trip. We want your travel to start and end perfectly. We have a great love for the Andean traverses, height ascents and wine tours, in particular as they are part of our family heritage. We believe in mountaineering as an activity in close contact with the environment. The effort, the exercise, the height or cold temperatures, sharing a cup of hot tea or coffee at a spectacular coloured dawn in the middle of the Andes, the group conversation and the moments of deep introspection are all part of what we love and hope to share with you.
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I love mendoza”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Recently, I had the pleasure to meet Pedro on a trip to Mendoza, Argentina.He is involved in wine and hikining and other activities. He is quite knowledgeable about wine and hiking, professional and a terrific guide. I was with a great company. I highly recommend pedro.

Genevieve, NYC

Washington DC, District of Columbia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Discover the Andes and Eduardo are outstanding”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The best reason of many for our returning to Mendoza is to spend more time with Eduardo. His tour company is accommodating as they could be for their clients. We used them for an outdoors day. Our kids went horseback riding and white water rafting. My wife and I did about a 2 1/2 hour trek with Eduardo. An additional day we did a wine tour with him as our guide. The wineries he selected were outstanding and we had wonderful tours and wine to boot.

Eduardo is truly a Renaissance man, knowledgeable about Argentina culture and politics, wine making and wine and the outdoors. English is excellent and he was a great conversationalist throughout our time with him. We learned a lot and enjoyed his company as well.

Our only regret: we did not have another day to do an art tour.

If you are headed to Mendoza, you would be smart to contact the company and ask for Eduardo to help plan your stay there as well as be your guide.

Voorhees, NJ
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“These guys really want you to have a great experience”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

My daughters and I were visiting Mendoza at the suggestion of my favorite travel agent (Travel Sommelier) who has never steered me wrong, for our first visit to South America. We were booked into a B&B called Casa Lila, and when I contacted them about activities, they put me in touch with Pedro of Discover the Andes. Since our visit to Mendoza was so short, and involved Saturday and Sunday, Pedro offered to pick us up at the airport, drive us to Casa Lila, and work out the details for our adventure the next morning. On Saturday morning, Gonsalo and a driver collected us at 9:30, and off we went to a relatively short, yet breathtaking (not solely due to altitude) trek up a mountain. I cannot imagine a more accommodating organization. I would not hesitate to engage them again.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
“100% Best part of our trip - Long overdue Review”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My friend and I visited Mendoza this past September for 10 days and were referred to Discover the Andes by my colleague. We wanted to book a private wine tour; and from my first email correspondence with Pedro I knew we would be in the best of hands. He assisted us in selecting the best vineyard-hotel (Club Tapiz), with transportation recommendations, and also helped us to find a similar tour company in Chile to visit Casablanca. Needless to say our experience was amazing before it even really began.

Our guide Eduardo is a master of his trade. Conversation flowed easily, and I could never have anticipated much we could learn about the social, cultural, economic, and agricultural impacts of the wine industry on Argentina as we were enjoying our personalized tastings. Eduardo knew the vineyard owners and guides that we met by name, and his perfect English was extremely helpful in enhancing our experience.

This tour was a solid value for the unforgettable experience, and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Thank you Discover the Andes!

Visited September 2013
Arlington, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic Hiking in the Andes!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

My fiance and i took a private hiking tour with Andes Expeditions and it was was a highlight of our October visit to Argentina. Our guide, Eduardo, spoiled us rotten. He drove us to the trail, more than an hour away. He carried most of our stuff (and provided the needed jackets and equipment), on a beautiful 4 hour hike up a trail that started at 9000 feet and got us to almost 12,000, with higher, exquisite snowy peaks surrounding us. That's where he then laid out a fabulous picnic lunch of sandwiches, fruit and cheeses with a little wine to wash it down (we're in Mendoza after all). Note: he made us drink a ton of water during the hike to prevent altitude sickness. These guys are a little pricier than the group hikes, but its worth it. They're professional, experienced, they've hiked all of the major peaks of the Andes, and they're wonderful warm people who truly enjoy showing newcomers the take-your-breath-away beauty of this mountainous region.

Visited October 2013
rosellsoler, Owner at Discover the Andes Expeditions - Day Tours, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thanks CWDC for your kind words! We are all glad that you had such enjoyable experience!

Warm regards, Eduardo