“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lo de Fer

Lo de Fer
Ranked #67 of 571 Restaurants in Mendoza
Dining options: Dinner, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: "Lo de Fer" is a truly authentic familiar restaurant attended by its owners. Here you will enjoy a friendly atmosphere, with great food and service. We offer typical homemade Argentinian and eclectic food. We open only at night and making a reservation is highly recommended. Our menu changes on a weekly basis and consists of a 5 course meal (appetizers, starters, mains and desserts, coffee and tea included.) Beverages are not included. We offer a unique experience and we are looking forward to seeing you soon! "
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Flying solo in Mendoza I wanted to find an excellent culinary experience, one that not only had unique and high quality food, but also delivered superb and friendly service. I happened upon Lo de Fer on tripadvisor and, based on the reviews as well as the concept, simply had to make a reservation.

From the info I had gathered I expected a long wait time for a reservation but I was pleasantly surprised when Fernando promptly emailed me back, informing me I could dine with them that Monday! Fernando also gave me great recommendations regarding wine selections in the area, upon my request, but being a very infrequent drinker I decided to forego the booze.

Upon my arrival Gladys greeted me at the door very warmly, as if I were a friend she had not seen in a long while. Her warmth and eagerness to accommodate my poor spanish immediately put me at ease and made me feel welcome.

Cut to the food. Oh the food! Everything was amazing from start to finish. From the house made bread, to the steak (perhaps one of the most tender pieces of meat I've had) with the delicious and creative humita "sauce," to the chocolate flan with Kumquat sauce made from home grown kumquats. To round out the evening Fernando shared with me his home made liqueur, a perfect cap to the evening.

This review is already quite lengthy so I'll simply say do yourself a favor and indulge in this unique, delicious experience.

1 Thank Eric C

Arizona
“Don't miss this experience in Mendoza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had a fabulous evening being pampered by the lovely, charming and vivacious Gladys, and enjoying the culinary talents of Chef Fernando. Atmosphere is warm, music fills the room.. It is a bit difficult to find---don't look for a restaurant banner---this is a private home. We were about 25 minutes late because we got very lost because of the one way streets and did not expect the traffic to be as bad as it was cross town, When we finally arrived Gladys was waiting by the opened front door worried about our late arrival. I don't want to talk too much about the meal because it is a four course set menu and changes ever week--but it was all beautifully prepared and presented.
Especially if you are American, I would urge you to avail yourself of this unique dining experience not available in our country.

Visited June 2014
Miami, Florida
“Wow! Wow! Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

This restaurant is a "casa serrada" or private home where the menu is set and is AMAZING!!!!

We can't say enough great things about Gladys & Chef Fernando, the team behind Lo de Fer.

Fernando's creations were incredibly delicious and fresh. Absolutely everything was home made and flavours exploded in your mouth with each bite. Gladys kept us entertained with her warm and gracious service and her funny stories.

We were doubly impressed that it was solely Fernando in the kitchen with no help and Gladys serving us his wonderful dishes. We were so happy to meet Fernando when he came out at the end of the meal to chat with us for a while. You felt like you were dining with longtime friends. What an experience!

This is a must for dinner if you are visiting Mendoza! Best meal you will have!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Trvlchnnl
Calgary, Canada
“Wonderful food, warm hospitability”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

My husband and I had been traveling in Argentina for almost two weeks, having some average and some very good meals in Buenos Aires and Southern Patagonia. But our dinner experience at Lo de Fer surpassed all others. We were warmly welcomed by Gladys to the little restaurant she and her chef husband Fernando run in their house. Gladys helped us pick a great wine to go with our fixed meal consisting of several courses (the main was lamb), all beautifully presented and complemented by commentary by Fernando, who made brief visits from the kitchen for each course. The courses were well-proportioned--even didn't seem too much--and was topped of with their home-made peach liqueur (from peaches in their yard). Very reasonably priced, too. Not only was the meal excellent; we had a very nice visit Gladys and Fernando, Very highly recommended!

• Visited February 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent meal and evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

Excellent evening at Lo De Fer. Greeted by the wonderful host Gladys who was so warm and welcoming and great fun. Her husband Fernando cooking a beautiful meal, very tasty and generous portions. Great wine and company. Made to feel so welcome especially when Fernando found out that we were from Ireland (where he had worked previously). Shared a bottle of champagne with Gladys and Fernando at the end of the evening to celebrate our honeymoon. Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2014