“Superb Hotel!”
Review of Park Hyatt Mendoza

Ranked #8 of 84 Hotels in Mendoza
Reviewed December 23, 2013

This beautiful hotel is located in the center of town witihn easy walking diatance of many restaurants. Most importantly it easily "handled" the tremors from a 5.0 earthquake that occured while we were in the room. The staff was great and helped considerably as I had to deal with a cancelled flight and subsequent rebooking. The kitchen prepared special breakfast items for me as I am on a gluten-free diet.

Room Tip: chose an Andes view
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Park_Hyatt_Mendoza, Marketing & Communications at Park Hyatt Mendoza, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Park Hyatt Mendoza, Hotel, Casino & Spa during your recent visit to our city.
We were most pleased to know that you were happy with the service and efficiency of our staff as well as our hotel’s facilities. We thank you for your very positive comments and look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Mendoza in the near future.

Park Hyatt Mendoza

Write a ReviewReviews (3,008)

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I'm writing this while in my 27 degrees room at Park Haytt Mendoza. Arrived here yesterday at 330pm came to the room is a sauna, turn down temperature to 21 but keeps bouncing it up to 27 degrees. I went for swim to cool myself down. After 2 hrs, room is at 26.7 degrees. I told reception and technician came, check and insist the temperature will go down slowly. After 4 hrs, room remain at 26.6 degrees. Technician came again and insist is OK temp will go down slowly! I tried asking for a change of room and no one came back to me. I was terribly tired and went to sleep. Next day, the room jumps up to 27 degrees. I called reception I need to change my room and they sent another technician to come to see to this. I'm genuinely shocked by this hotel customer service (despite considering the best hotel here in Mendoza?). I've to call again to insist I need to change my room and they finally relented! I have the most wonderful experiences with Park Hyatt in Seoul and Tokyo.
This is the worst Park Hyatt receptionist - spoke to at least 3 different person on front desk and none showed interest in understanding or speed things up when they knew this matter have drag for more than 1 day.
I'm climbing Aconcagua tomorrow and wanted to spend 1 night here when I come back to the city. But I will not consider Park Hyatt Mendoza. It is completely marred by the front desk workers who showed no compassion or interest in helping the guest.

The service in breakfast are friendly and speedy. Breakfast spread is good. Good pool and gym. Both areas service are great. Service at the bar are just as poor as the front desk. There's a serious need of "customer service training" needed in this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't allow them to give you room 726.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank SuperShan1

Dear guest,

We thank you for your time to let us know your experience. We apologize for all the flaws in the service you encountered during your stay. We are already working with the responsible of each area to avoid these failures to be repeated. We would like to have the opportunity to reverse this situation and be given the chance to reverse the bad impression you took on departure.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

The furniture in the rooms isn't exactly new, but the beds are comfortable, and the hotel is AWESOME. Sitting out on the front patio is so relaxing and fun. Drinks and wine are cheap, food is good, and the staff are very nice and helpful. The casino is nice, the pool is great, and the wine bar (Vines of Mendoza) rules, with great prices on wines you can't get in the US. Walking distance to tons of restaurants. Our room rate was $89.00 USD! The spa is fabulous, and the massages are inexpensive.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Park_Hyatt_Mendoza, Marketing & Communications at Park Hyatt Mendoza, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear guest,

We were most pleased to know that you were happy with the service and our hotel’s facilities. We thank you for your very positive comments, this is truly rewarding and gratifying.
We hope to welcome you back in the land of Sun and good Wine.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We had a great stay at Park Hyatt Mdz . Perfect location on a historical façade building which is well appointed across the street from Plaza Independencia. I would give it a five star review were it not for the male staffers who are totally arrogant and could not care less if you are a guest of the hotel .

This attitude begins with the bell bell boys who totally ignored us when we arrived. We knew beforehand that Argentinians - in general - are snob so we were ready for it but it feels weird coming from the bell boys who are the first impression of a hotel, a Park Hyatt Hotel nonetheless. This is quite a contrast with the female staffers , Soledad at Bistro M being one of the most cheerful restaurant hostesses we have ever encountered.

I am an hotelier myself and would suggest that the Reception Manager as well as the General Manager have a meeting to change their greeters/bell boys as soon as they can before guests start walking away to find another hotel. I was ready to do that myself. Out of my experience of 35+ years experience in the hospitality industry, I know for sure that the gift of hospitality is not something you can teach - it's innate or it doesn't happen. This was again made VERY clear by the men that greeted us (or did they ? ) at the Park Hyatt Mendoza this past weekend.

Room Tip: There are Mountain view rooms ... facing the Andes or Plaza Independencia view rooms. Both are great...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Park Hyatt Mendoza - Hotel, Casino & Spa, during your recent visit to our city.
We are aware of the problems you encountered especially regarding the attitude of our Bell Boys during your stay, especially at the time of your arrival. We can assure you that we are taking the necessary steps to improve this. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about the hotel and our employees with us, as it is only through constructive feedback that we can monitor and fine-tune our service and facilities.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Not sure how it is only rated #8 in Mendoza?

Great property, wonderful staff and very affordable.

We had a great time using this as a base in Mendoza; one of my favorite places.

We found the food to be excellent.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

We sincerely thank you for choosing us and for your generous comments about Park Hyatt Mendoza.
It is through positive comments such as yours that we are encouraged to devote ourselves to our passion for hospitality.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back and hosting you again in the land of the famous Malbec.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Great hotel for business and leasure in Mendoza. It's very well located near restaurants, wine stores, including one at the hotel, and shopping areas. Have a nice wine bar and one of the best Parrillas in Mendoza.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write your comments regarding your recent stay at Park Hyatt Mendoza.
We are delighted to learn you enjoyed your time with us as well as the hotel's prominent location and its outstanding restaurants.
We hope to welcome you again in a near future.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

This hotel should receive 5* if it were not for some of their male staff members.

I agree with previous posts. The hotel is a serene and beautiful oasis. The facilities are clean, comfortable and stylish, as are the rooms. The restaurants are excellent, especially the wine bar called The Vines.

WI-Fi weak in rooms.

Parking facilities are a great extra.

Not the best Park Hyatt we've stayed at, but certainly one of the best, if not the best, hotel in Mendoza city.

Every female staff member we encountered always had a smile on her face and seemed to go to every measure to address every request and issue. In stark contrast, all but two of the male staff members we encountered were rude and acted as if they were doing us a favor in allowing us to stay at their hotel. The Hotel's GM immediately sent an e-mail to apologize for this treatment after I responded to Hyatt's e-mail survey regarding our most recent stay.

In totality, we will return to this hotel, but will avoid rude staff members.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nicolawca

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent visit to Park Hyatt Mendoza and for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad to know that overall you enjoyed our hotel; the facilities, the restaurants and its gastronomy. I am sorry to hear the difficulties you experienced with our male staff members. We are taking the necessary steps to improve this.
Hope to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Mendoza in the near future to regain your trust and confidence.