“Best chorizo in Argentina!”
Review of Facundo

Facundo
Ranked #132 of 612 Restaurants in Mendoza
Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This was the best chorizo I had in Argentina. We went on a Monday and weren't expecting a full house but restaurant had just our table at some time. Price is fair but place is not as pretty as in the adds. Very nice staff, great service. Worth the visit!!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I found the place expensive comparing with the food quality. The service was good, they have a lot of wines but the food is not the best (it was not premium beef). I do not recommend this place.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

This is definitely one to avoid - the waiters look bored and disinterested and the steak I ordered was tough and overdone despite requesting it medium rare with our waiter - the only poor steak I ate while in Argentina. My wife ordered chicken and it came as it was with nothing, not even a garnish. I really regretted eating here as for the same money I could have eaten at the excellent Anna Bistro up the road.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

Very good. If you are trying to find where to go for the famous Argentine beef, this is the place. If you want the super-thick steak, order the Baby Beef (93 Argentine pesos). It's a boneless prime rib, they say it's 600 grams but it's more like a kilo. I asked for it cooked rare and it came perfectly done, hot but still bloody in the middle. It was about three inches thick. Also the tenderloin (filet mignon) is very good, large for a tenderloin and also cooked perfectly. This was about two inches thick.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

If you're looking for authentic Argentine food, wine, and great ambience, this is the place to be. The staff is friendly, polite, and very courteous and the food was excellent!

My boyfriend ordered a full portion of the bife de chorizo and I a half portion with roquefort sauce, and we shared an ensalada facundo (cold aubergine with roasted peppers), papas a la provencal and a bottle of Finca La Linda malbec. Everything was delicious and we savored every moment of the experience! The portions are very large (my partner, a 2-meter tall rugby player with a very healthy appetite, could barely finish his), so order modestly and don't be shocked by the extensive wine list and seemingly high prices. There are many very enjoyable and affordable options available. In total, we paid about 260 Argentine pesos (+/- 65USD/50EUR) with tip included- a fantastic price for such a wonderful meal.

The atmosphere on the terrace is lovely and the clientele very diverse (many locals- always a good sign). The place starts filling up around 9/9:30pm on weeknights and around 10/11 on weekends so be prepared to eat late and make sure you book a table in advance. Enjoy!