“Great wine + Great food + Great People = Mendoza Wine Connection”

Taninas Wine Tastings
Ranked #35 of 121 Tours in Mendoza
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our Taninas Wine Lounge is a new space in Mendoza designed to be a meeting point for people that enjoy wine and everything that connects so well with wine: A place to relax, enjoy art, music and good company. Taninas gives you the chance to taste some of Mendoza's best boutique and limited edition wines together with delicious empanadas.
Reviewed February 28, 2012

If you are visiting Mendoza I highly recommend the cooking class with Chef Lai Pinna offered through Ampora Wine Tours. We made it the first activity of a weeklong stay and it was by far the highlight of our trip. Kai and the entire staff were extremely warm and welcoming. Belen our hostess was very knowledgeable about the wines offered as well as an excellent resource on local activities. Everything from the wine lounge, to the bar to Chef Lai’s kitchen has been created to be a beautiful and inviting space.

Chef Lai and her assistant Irene were a great team and a lot of fun to work with. The class is as interactive as you want it to be; I was up to my wrists in empanada dough while my girlfriend watched. We sampled several amazing wines while cooking, laughing and listening to great music in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. The best part was eating the fruits of Chef Lai’s labor, ojo de bife, humitas and empanadas all cooked to perfection. For an unforgettable evening while in Mendoza this is a must.

1  Thank Magellan007

Reviewed February 25, 2012

We had an absolute blast at the cooking class. Laura, the chef is wonderful and you can't make a bad dish around her. We learned to make empanadas, steak, chimichurri a corn mash appetizer. This was our first stop on a five day tour of Mendoza and we were happy we made this our first activity. It gives you a nice local perspective on the wine, food and region not to mention all the great suggestions the staff mentioned as "not to miss," including wineries and restaurants. We would highly recommend this!!!

1  Thank jdave54
Reviewed February 23, 2012

My finace and I participated in Laura's cooking class and it was just outstanding. It just ended up being the two of us taking the class, which allowed it to have a very personalized and relaxed feel. Laura allowed us to be as involved as we wanted in all the processes and the wine pairings were just superb. The end product (with a generous amount of help from Laura due to our lack of pizzazz in the kitchen) was extremely delicious. Overall, an great experience. Definitely one of the highlights of our trip and I would highly recommend it (and would myself, go do it all over again if ever back in Mendoza)!

1  Thank KJTravelBug33
Reviewed February 3, 2012

This was a great night of cooking laughing and drinking. The food was absolutely amazing and I have been cooking some of the dishes since I have been home. My friend and i had 2 other couples in our group so it was just like have a few friends over for dinner but not needing to clean up after haha.

The whole experience was great and I will be doing it again when I go back.

1  Thank Anthony A
Reviewed December 27, 2011

a fun and different experience for our family of 5. My teenage boys (17, 19, 22) loved the experience. Learned how to make Empanadas, a delicious corn dish and a very tasty rib-eye. Another couple joined us which was fun. Tasted some great wine and enjoyed this experience all around. Called for 5-9pm - thought we'd be bored after a couple of hours but time flew and it was after 10pm when we left.

3  Thank Luckydog074