“Wining and Dining at its best”

Uncorking Argentina Private Tours
Ranked #19 of 118 Tours in Mendoza
More attraction details
Owner description: Because we believe in the freedom to explore Mendoza wine country at your own pace, we don't work with packaged tours, every trip we plan is custom built to fit your requests. We uncover the hidden gems of Mendoza and offer them to you in one organized proposal, ready for your enjoyment. Forget the stress of planning your vacation, and instead, let our trip builders spoil you. Our tours are full day guided tours with private wine tastings, gourmet winery lunches and private transportation. We offer international wineshipping of boutique and limited production wines and lead our very own Uncorking Argentina Tasting Classes.
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We travelled in a small group of four couples to Mendoza, Argentina. We only had a few days there and were hoping to visit as many wineries as possible. Uncorking Argentina rose to the occasion and designed two full days of wine tasting for us. The wineries ranged from very small to very large so we had an array of experiences. All the tastings were arranged exclusively for our group and included extras that are not often found in wine tours. The included meals were amazing. The guide was very knowledgeable and friendly with excellent English skills. I would highly recommend Uncorking Argentina for your next wine tour.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We decided to go to Mendoza over Easter Weekend (from Chile) and were concerned about things being open. Uncorking Argentina set up a perfect itinerary to keep us well occupied during that time. On Saturday we visited 3 wineries (Pulenta, Azul, and Gimenez Rilli) - all different and we learned something from each of them (which surprised us). We had a BBQ lunch at GR with one of the owners. On Sunday, we planned bicycling through another wine valley Lujan de Cuyo - and it was pouring rain - we left about an hour late in the rain - and it was a super fun ride - rain and all. The bicycling guide, Luis, was very fun and informative. We had a delicious lunch at Ruca Malen Winery. The staff at Uncorking Argentina always left notes and little gifts in various places for us which were a very thoughtful addition to our trip. Everyone worked hard to get us satisfied with the rainy Easter Sunday. We would definitely call them when we go back to Mendoza.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a five day tour in Mendoza with another couple. We had an amazing time are so grateful to have worked with Uncorking Argentina! I've taken two previous trips with Uncorking and both worked out so well that it was my first choice for my husband and friends' first trip to Mendoza.

Uncorking worked with me for several months to plan the perfect tour which hit all the major highlights of Mendoza. We saw every type of winery from large operations to boutique wineries, and even an up and coming bodega with amazing wines. There are so many different places to see that it is essential that you work with a good company who knows the best places to visit during your trip. Uncorking also sent us on an amazing horseback ride through the Andes which was ultimately the highlight of our trip.

After three days of touring my group was exhausted and Uncorking changed our scheduled itinerary for day four immediately upon our request so we could rest a bit. We are so grateful that they were so willing to work with us to ensure that we had a great time and were well rested for the rest of our trip!

My husband fell in love with Mendoza and we will definitely be using Uncorking on our next trip!

1  Thank mbkrim
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Our recent experience with Uncorking Argentina was truly fantastic. Carolyn and her team set up a wonderful day for us and handled all the details from start to finish. Our driver Javier was fantastic - fluent in English, incredibly friendly and informative, and well-known to the staff at the four vineyards we visited. I would highly recommend Javier to anyone taking a tour with Uncorking.

We visited four vineyards: Achaval-Ferrer, Cruzat, Terrazas des Andes, and Bressia. Each was unique and fantastic in its own way, from the small-scale producers such as Bressia and Cruzat to the high-end wines of Achaval-Ferrer and the large production at Terrazas. The day was perfectly structured and we never felt we were too short or too long at one vineyard or the next.

Lunch with wine pairings at Terrazas was a highlight, but the day was so great that they were really all highlights.

I would recommend Uncorking Argentina to anyone who wants to have a great time tasting wines in Mendoza and enjoying fantastic access to the vineyards and their staffs. I look forward eagerly to my next trip to Mendoza.

1  Thank JosephG168
Reviewed April 2, 2013

There is no question that Uncorking Argentina is the premier partner if you are planning a trip to Mendoza. Carolyn and her staff provided outstanding service from the initial inquiry to the follow up on our adventure. We had very specific wineries in mind before heading down there and a couple were unavailable due to private functions. UA provided the substitutes into the line up and they were all fabulous. Our driver Sebastian who we had for both of our two days of wine tasting was exceptional and being bi-lingual helped my wife with her desire to talk Spanish during our entire trip. UA is extremely professional and as I had hoped, no detail was left out. One example of how good UA is was the fact that they suggested a highly regarded chef (Mun) who pairs asian food with red wine. The dinner held at the Casarena winery is simply not to be missed. They do them every Saturday and they will soon be having a stand alone restaurant on premise. I love sushi and Chef Mun provided one of the best dining experiences we have ever had the pleasure. UA also arranged for our zip lining on our last day which was memorable to say the least. We will be using UA again on our return to Mendoza.
M2