“A half day option” 5 of 5 stars

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A half day option”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Nice place close to the city, located in the main park of the area, worth a visit..

Visited January 2012
2 Thank 628Benny1000

• Hebrew first
Jacksonville, Florida
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Strange but interesting experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

I should preface this saying I love zoos generally so my review might not be as critical. Here, the zoo staff was super friendly and let me and a friend enter for free since we had not yet exchanged Chilean pesos for Argentine pesos. The zoo offers a complete tour path and another shorter one. The animal cages are not great. In fact, in some cases, the larger the animal, the smaller the cage it seems. There is a monkey exhibit with a ridiculous number of monkeys and other exhibits are similarly packed. Some of the animals left their food (whole chickens) untouched making me wonder about the food quality. The most memorable moment in this zoo was walking by the back side of the grizzly bear exhibit (as the complete path directed me to do) and noticing that nothing stood between us besides a measly wire fence. Thankfully, I did not get eaten so I can say that this zoo is probably worth the visit.

Visited December 2011
3 Thank Mellebell A
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Makes me want to take action”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

I had read reviews that the cages are small and in need of an upgrade, but what I saw here was just a bad situation, in need of some major improvement. Not only are some of the animals kept in very small confinement, the cages are like dog pens, so that the local visitors can (and THEY DO) interact with the animals. Yes, this includes one girl petting a tiger for a good 3-4 minutes, and kids feeding elephants, monkeys and baboons the popcorn from the popcorn stand that is located right beside the pens. The employees know this is happening, but it is just accepted behavior. My husband and I were horrified to see this. Not only were the monkeys and baboons reaching their hands out of the pens and grabbing candy and popcorn from kids (and their parents!), but one kid turned up a bottle of water for the monkeys and a crowd developed around the scene. Everyone (including about 15 adults) was cheering on the situation. I am not leaving this review so that visitors stop going and that the situation gets worse, I want the Zoo to read this review, or an affiliation that can make changes, to do something about it. Not only does there need to be major changes with the animal habitats, but there needs to be some reeducation for the locals on respecting these exotic animals.

Visited October 2011
21 Thank Mandy S
Noosaville, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Small cages with bored animals.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

We found this a very sad zoo. While the animals are well fed they appear very bored and some of them are in very small cages. There are two polar bears in a small cement enclosure. One particular bear had worn a track on the concrete floor.
This is not a zoo of the 21st century and needs a huge cash boost to build proper size enclosures.

Visited April 2011
9 Thank harpersinchile
New York City, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Horrible, depressing "zoo"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

After reading some good things about this zoo, we trekked it over there (for what seemed like MILES) only to have one of the most depressing experiences of our lives.

The zoo is dirty, the animals look sickly, scared, sad or just plain mad. The zoo is entirely overpopulated and not well maintained. Aside from the ticket counter, I didn't see a single zoo employee!

This is supposedly the "best" zoo in South America- I am fearful of what the others look like then- this place should be shut down! Don't bother going or supporting this collection of deprived animals.

Visited April 2011