TripAdvisor

Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is the best steak house (Parrilla) in Mendoza Argentina. Go passed all of the other restaurants on Aristides street. At the corner of Aritides and Boulogne Sur Mer is El Patio de Jesus Maria parrilla. This place has a great wine list and the best bife de chorizo. Highly recommended. Wish I could give 10 stars.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (559)

Reviewed May 25, 2019 via mobile

Resume:
One of the best beef restaurants in Argentina, still after having eaten in Buenos Aires most famous restaurants. If you are in Mendoza you should not miss it. Order Bife de chorizo jugoso (medium-rare), and you will not regret it.

My friends and I stayed in Mendoza for a month taking Spanish courses. We were very lucky stumbling over this restaurant early in our stay there, and ate here more than 5 times. Every time a exquisite tasting experience. Our absolute favorite was bife de chorizo. They serve 1/2 kilo of the most tender juicy beef, with an incredibly tasty crust, and on the side a skewer. This is the most expensive on the menu, but is without doubt worth every penny.
One of the days we tried the other meats, just to validate that the restaurant had more to offer than the bife de chorizo. They were all delicious, and worth a taste (but bife de chorizo remains our favorite). We are interested in how to prepare the beefs at home, and therefore asked the waiter some questions. This resulted in that we were allowed to come into the parilla (grill) area, and talk with the chefs. They explained us a lot about cooking time, and this was the finishing touch for us on the restaurant. Also the waiters was always friendly and professional!

After a month in Mendoza I will say this restaurant is the best we experienced, and many levels over the others we tried.

I have now stayed in Buenos Aires for 4 months, and still find myself dreaming back to the Bife de Chorizo in Patio de Jesus Maria. I have been to both Don Julio and La Cabrera ( and many more) in Buenos Aires, but none of them have the same amazing crust that Patio de Jesus Maria has in their Bife de Chorizo.

Thank you so much for the many great food experiences we could enjoy in your restaurant!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed May 13, 2019

We are a group of medicalstudent that went on an exchange-semester in Argenitna for 7 months. We lived 1 month in Mendoza to study spanish before starting our studies in Buenos Aires. In our time in Argentina I will say we have been on a quest for finding the best parilla/steakhuse in the country. Therefore we have eaten beef out in average 1-2 times per week for our stay in the country. We have tried all of the top parillas/beefsteak-hoses in Buenos Aires (Don Julio, La Cabrera, La Brigada etc), Cordoba and Mendoza. And I can say without doubt that El patio de Jesus Maria have the best beef in the country. The tenderness, perfect saltyness, the ability to give you excatly the grade of doneness you want (and I would recommend "jugoso" which means medium rare), the frying crust and the amazing service made our day. We ate here about 5 times in our 1 month stay. The waiters let us come back to the asadores (the chefs) to see the process of making the meat. It is not even expencive, all though you might pay a little more than some other restaurants. We paid around 600 ARG for a 500 gram of prime steak. I deeply recommend this place for all visitors which want to taste what Argentinian beef really can taste like.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank Mathiaskolden
Reviewed April 28, 2019

At the end of one of the main tourist strips, El Patio, provided an excellent dining experience. The large patio was perfect for a warm evening meal. We stuck with the traditional parrilla food - grilled meats, veggies and provolone. They offered tri-tip, which is uncommon in Argentina and it did not disappoint. The food was delicious and the service was friendly and helpful. All this at a very reasonable price compared to other restaurants in Mendoza.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 17, 2019

Great place. Can get busy as it a more of locals place. Excellent value meals with delicious grilled meats. Good wine selection. The friendliest staff I have encountered in my three months in Argentina – warm, funny and they seemed to really care you enjoyed yourself. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are visiting Mendoza.

Date of visit: April 2019