Soltigua Apart Hotel
$131
$113
$104
  • Pool
Lares De Chacras(Chacras de Coria)
$181
$107
Posada El Encuentro(Chacras de Coria)(Great Value!)
$127
$112
$140
TripAdvisor
Entre Cielos(Lujan de Cuyo)
$319
$309
Orbitz.com
Cavas Wine Lodge(Lujan de Cuyo)
$390
All reviewshot dayslife saverbig parkself cateringair conditionerfew blocksapartmentwifiaristides
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I really like this hotel. Everything was nice and clean, the staff was helpful, our room was big and spaceous and the kitchenette was really handy. Not least the hotel is quite close to everything, that is if you don't mind walking ten minutes to get to the main square. Being Norwegian I only see it as a plus :) The hotel is also very close to the city's big park which is good for a stroll and has a nice path for jogging.

The pool that they write about is nothing. It's very small and not fit for swimming. Also, don't mind about the hotel breakfast which was just a dry medialuna and the worst coffee I've every had. Try the little, nice cafe just across the street instead.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sendmeatelex
Reviewed March 26, 2011

There is always a dominant factor in choosing a hotel.
Ours was having a kitchen to cook.
Through a booking site we chose Soltigua Apart, because it says it is short distance
from downtown, has an outdoor pool and all apartments are equipped with cable
TV and kitchen facilities.
On a site note: As the general conditions may vary by type of room, be sure to
see the description.
Upon arriving at the Aparthotel had to sign a contract. Given the above take
care to read the contract carefully. It said that apart. 203 had a
bathtub (which until now could not find it), and kitchen, among other things.
Only when we enter the apartment found in the table, new instructions and
among them that: "it is not allow to cook any steak or fried food".
In no time, either on site, at the reception, in the contract, there was no
references on this item can not cook chips.
If Soltigua by forgetfulness or to cut costs have not installed an exhaust fan
in the kitchen, a resave should do about it in their propaganda.
What I can say is that the guests are lured by advertising that is not correct.
The pool is nothing more than a kiddie pool of 4x2, 5 meters!
Quite uncomfortable for an adult to enter among children in this space.
The building has three floors and no elevator. I saw an old lady struggling to
climb the stairs with their luggage, without anyone to help her.
The coffee is advertised as Continental Breakfast. And that is advertised in every
way, which is exactly fulfilled, no more, no less. The hotel does not give one
simple stick of butter! The reason is simple: The coffee is served by a contracted
company by the hotel, so I had to sign my name and also puts him in letters
press, if I do not sign, the firm does not receive. So, anything is considered an
extra and must be paid. Coffee is served at the table with no tablecloth or
paper towel. Not the most simple boarding house I've ever been ceases to put a
towel on the table.. Everything is done to cut costs.
The apart. has 10x3.5 mts. no internal comfort, nor a chair to sit, only the chairs
with a table to eat.There is not internal use.
The bathtub does not exist, as had been stated in the contract The location of the
shower is just 0.50x0.50mts. with an irritant curtain plastic.
Taking a warm bath a person has to be fast, otherwise the other will take a cold shower.
But something is saved. Mr. Javier is an excellent professional and works very well.
The employees who clean the apartments are friendly and courteous. Glad ...
If you are an experienced tourist, who travels a lot, do not advise this apart, besides
being 10 blocks the main streets of Mendoza, you'll regret it if you're accustomed
to good things. Besides, in the center of Mendoza, there are dozens of hotels
better and more affordable.
I paid very expensive, very expensive even by daily. (More expensive than good hotels
in Buenos Aires).
I requested a discount for not using the kitchen, was denied.
Unfortunately I had not read all the comments about this apart. The complaints are correct.
I do not recommend, but some people like to throw money away.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Alfredo_Pinheiro
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I took my daughter to a tennis tournament in Mendoza and we stayed at this hotel. We were given a room facing the avenue. It was like sleeping on the street. You could here the cars, buses, people waking by all night long as if they were right next to you. After the first night I explained to the staff that sleeping was impossible in that room. They couldn't have cared less. I told them if they could not accommodate me better I would go someplace else. Not only did they not care, they wanted to charge me for the whole stay there but they didn't tell me that when I told them I was leaving. My travel agent managed to get a refund for 2 nights but they still charge me one night penalty. The staff was uncaring. We only saw a front desk clerk and no manager who could do something about the situation. This is a relative new building that is very basic and by this I mean a bed, a chair and nothing else to write about. The windows that face the street are of very thin glass. Couldn't they've thought about double glass windows for these rooms that face an important avenue with great amount of traffic? Hum??? I spent the rest of the nights at Hotel Bohemia. What a difference!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank WLM2710
Soltigua, Manager at Soltigua Apart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

As was explained to you, we offered a “superior room” (Gran Suite- 2 rooms) which is inside the building and of course it is quieter than the “Suite Clásica” you hired, but you didn’t want to pay the difference (although we made you a really good price for the “Gran Suite”). On the other hand, you didn’t mention you changed to a hotel that almost doubles our rates, despite having only rooms, not new apartments fully equipped as we have.

I’d like to remark that now we do have double glass windows in all the apartments that faces the street. One of our main characteristic, highlighted by almost all of our guests, is that our apartments are very peaceful, safe and silent.

Nowadays, we have apartments and rates that can´t be compared with other hotels or apart hotels in Mendoza, we have an excellent price/quality relationship.

Reviewed January 10, 2011

This place is certainly clean and the maid service is great but the apartment (we stayed on the 3rd floor) was lacking is simple amenities, like pictures on the walls, lack of proper cooking pots, dish clothes and dish towels. One couch in the living room for the four of us, no other chairs in the whole place except the dining room chairs.

The loft bedroom is so hot and the air conditioner in the loft was totally ineffective. The master bedroom had no air at all so you had to run the air conditioner in the living room full blast all night.

Also very noisy - lots of barking dogs and street noise all night. Also because of the design of the cement apartment building, noise from the stairwells and the other suites was loud.

The swimming pool is very small and constantly filled with screaming kids. At least someone enjoyed it!!

We paid less in Buenos Aires for a place that was 100% better.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank MurphyBird
Reviewed January 1, 2011

We stayed 5 days on a road trip from chile to Uraguay, took a room which had a dbl bedroom plus a dbl bed loft. The place was clean and comfortable, well appointed. I would definately recommend this place if you want value for money accommodation.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family