“Comfortable stay”
Review of Diplomatic Hotel

Diplomatic Hotel
Ranked #8 of 84 Hotels in Mendoza
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The hotel gives a 4-5 star feel but offers quite affordable rates. The room we stay was spacious, clean, equipped with all necessary amenities as well as wifi.

They have wine tastings for guests in the evening and guests can also buy wines from their cellar (there is a rather big selection) at a discount.

The buffet breakfast is big and fine, with a sparkling wine to boot, and the service is quite efficient. There are many large five-star chains around the area but I think this one is more than adequate. Also I am not a fan of casino-hotel and gladly this hotel isn't attached with a casino.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with Andes view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Diplomatic Hotel

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We were very pleased with the hotel and all its staff, particularly with the concierge, Mr. Martin Rodriguez, who was very kind and available every time. We strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The corner rooms facing the mountains are unique .....
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2012

At a first glance, the diplomatic looks great. It's centrally located and newly decorated. Once you actually need some kind of service though, they fail. If we ever needed anything from the front desk, it took multiple calls to get it. Getting any kind of help was like pulling teeth.

I normally stay in hostels, so I am used to this kind of service, however when paying what they ask of you, I expect much more. I would not stay here again.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lakeller89
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Not a good value at all. While a beautiful hotel, ammenities such as fresh, clean linens were sorely lacking. We stayed for four nights, one night we returned to find the sheet worn to the point of tearing on one bed. Another night the comfortor was stained enough that we reversed the bedding but being late did not call housekeeping for a change. Other times, Calls to room service for Kleenex and wash clothes required multiple calls.

The best part of the hotel is it's central location. With so many other hotels in the area, I would not stay here again.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rpksail
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

Dear Mr/Mrs. Rpksail: We apologize for the bad experiencie you had. As we are always trying to improve our service quality, sharing your experience with us will help us to solve this unexpected problems. We will be very pleased to have you as a guest again, so you can reverse that image you have of us.

Best regards.

Santiago Alsina
Gerente General

Reviewed June 10, 2012

A well maintained, functional business hotel in the heart of the city. We spent a night here to check out the city of Mendoza and were able to walk to all the city attractions - the plazas, parque san martin, restaurants etc. The rooms are large and clean. The front desk staff was very very helpful since I had mixed up our reservations and arrived a day earlier than when we had our booking for. They were very accommodating and changed our reservation without any additional charged. For that we thank the management of Diplomatic.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We liked the Diplomatic Park Suites with large spacious rooms. We asked for a corner room and could see the beautiful mountains, and parts of the City. It is really a business hotel and caters to the business travelers, although we enjoyed it! It was one of the few larger hotels in the area that were non-smoking. The breakfast was very good and provided many options!

The staff was helpful and accomodating.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room since it is the largest suite available.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I was really looking forward to staying at this hotel on our tour especially as it was our first stop in Argentina after a 10.5 hour trip crossing the Andes from Chile, first impressions its a really smart looking hotel, it goes downhill from hereon check in staff didnt break a smile no offer of help with luggage just pointed in the direction of the lifts.

Room was quite nice clean and well appionted with views of the city.

Room service when ordering drinks seemed to take an eternity had to phone back a second time when I ordered anything to check it was on its way!

Laundry service had to pursue my laundry when it didnt arive back in allocated time scale even though I had informed that 24 hours previous that I needed items for dinner.

I went down to the spa and booked a treatment only to be called in my room some 90 mins later and bluntly told could not have said treatment as double booked no apoligy!

On our first evening we then went to the bar for pre-dinner drinks before going out to dine, the host/barman was extremely rude I ordered a bloody mary for myself and two gin & tonics for colleagues then about another 20 or so people arrived at the my friends polished off there G & Ts still no bloody mary! on asking for said drink ordered some 15 mins earlier I was told rudley "its being pre-paired" by now everyone else in the bar had been served I approched the host/barman and asked agian for my BM as our transport was about to arrive to be told again "its being pre-paired" while other people continued to be served, at last 25 minutes after placing order drink arrvived, by then though transport had arrived and drink rushed!

On our second evening because we were a large party and had to leave early the next morning to fly to Buenos Aires we decided to dine in house, arrival in the bar for drinks the same host/barman was on duty with haste i ordered two G & Ts and a beer which arrived promptly this time, I then proceeded to join the rest of our party for dinner at this stage we were the only people in the bar/restaurant so bieng a large group we opted for a selection of starters to share which seemed quite acceptable with everyone ordering individual main courses well that was easy as half of the items on the menu were out of stock! food was acceptable, but thenwhile eating our starters our host/barman appeared and demanded I mean demanded that all of the pre-dinner drinks from the whole group be charged to my room "immediately" It seemed he was holding a grudge from our bloody mary battle previous evening I explained I had only had two G & Ts and a beer which I has quite happy to charge he "demanded" once more at this point one of our hosts stepped in to clarify the issue with some help from one of the young waitresses who was looing after us (she was excellent the onlty decent member of staff they have Thankyou for my honey & lemon tea) one of the party had to send his food back twice as it was not cooked correctly our said host/barman didnt apologise once and blatently avoide any form of service towards our group, he needs a career change perhaps a prison guard would suit!!!

Breakfast average still no interaction or smiles from the staff, check out was the same as checkin grumpy!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bigbear122
DiplomaticH, Gerente at Diplomatic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Dear Mr. Bigbear122:

First of all, thank you very much for spending a few minutes writing your opinion. If it's a good comment, it's excellent to hear about our good job. But sometimes, when someone had a bad experience, like you had, we focus in our guest service, and apply improvements for our service quality. As we always do, I am going to have a meeting with all the managers, and work about your comments.

Feel free to contact me, this is my email: salsina@parksuites.com.ar

Best regards!