“Good option in Mendoza”

Ranked #13 of 84 Hotels in Mendoza
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I normally go for smaller, boutique hotels, but the Mendoza Sheraton is a good option in Mendoza. The room was comfortable, clean, and quiet, and the front desk staff were incredibly nice and helpful. The location is a few blocks away from the main square and restaurants, but a quick walk along Mendoza's pleasant pedestrian street has you there in no time. Breakfast was decent, though nothing special.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
MariaLauraGauna, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mendoza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Sheraton Mendoza Hotel for your recent stay in Mendoza and for sharing your experience with us.

It is a real pleasure to read comments like yours, we are glad to know that you enjoyed your days with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in your next visit to Mendoza.

Warm Regards,

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Mendoza Hotel

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Normally we don't stay at American chain hotels in foreign countries, but we ended up there. What a happy accident. Rooms were big and (importantly) quiet, beds were comfortable, staff was very helpful. Only real complaint was breakfast was boring and we had to "pre-caffinate" at the hotel and then go out for some real coffee.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
PatricioCarvallo, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mendoza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Sheraton Mendoza Hotel for your recent stay and for sharing your experience with us.

I am very happy to read that you enjoy your stay with us, I am glad to know that you were pleased with the hospitality of our front desk team. Rest assure that I will share your comments with all the front desk staff.

Regarding your comments about the Club Lounge, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for not meeting your expectations, we have documented and forwarded your comments to the F&B Manager to avoid this from happening in the future.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

we were happy with our stay here. the staff was great and very helpful in arranging a driver to take us to wine country. the location is very close to restaurants and bars but far enough from the busy areas to have peace and quiet. it wasn't very authentic "argentina" but we didn't really expect that of a 2 night stay here, i would recommend this place for a quick trip to mendoza but if you are staying for a week or more i would definitely recommend renting an apartment instead.

the breakfasts were pretty boring and not the most vegetarian friendly but i rarely enjoy hotel breakfasts and people don't usually flock to argentina for it's vegetarian cuisine.

Room Tip: if your bathroom smells funny upon check in demand another - it will stay. we thought the odd smell...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
PatricioCarvallo, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mendoza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing us for your recent stay in our city and for sharing your experience with us. We truly appreciate your feedback.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Through each comment we receive, both positive and negative, we are able to seek knowledge and growth to better serve our guests. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, it is truly appreciated and I will be sure to share it with my colleagues.

I hope to have the pleasure of having you back here in the near future.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

My husband and I spent a few nights here at the start of our honeymoon in August, and we had a truly lovely stay at the Sheraton in Mendoza. The staff was very friendly and went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed ourselves. Our suite was amazing; it was bigger than our apartment back home! We had an incredible view of the mountains, and one evening we came back to find champagne and chocolates, accompanied by a friendly note of congratulations on our marriage.

The amenities were great too. We spent some time by the pool, which was enclosed in a glass structure, so we could enjoy the sun while keeping warm (remember August is winter for Argentina). Also, we really enjoyed the Club Room breakfast and happy hour.

The location is very good. It's near the major plazas without being in the middle of everything, which is nice because it allowed us to explore some less touristy spots that we might have missed had we opted for a hotel on a plaza.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
PatricioCarvallo, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mendoza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing Sheraton Mendoza Hotel to celebrate your honeymoon, it was a pleasure to be part of such an important event.

It is a real pleasure to read comments like yours and I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I hope to see you back soon in the near future.

If there is anything that I can do for you, please let me know, I am here to assist you.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Sheraton mendoza is a good property in a great location, not far from Plaza independencia but not to close in case there's a "protest". Excellent service at the hotel and your usual SPG quality. 2-3 blocks from excellent restaurants, bars, coffee shops.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Sheraton Mendoza Hotel for your stay in our city and for sharing your experience with us.

It is a pleasure to read comments like yours and we hope to have you back soon in your next visit to Mendoza.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

The Hotel really lacks in the management area....the staff are very apologetic and kind but nothing really gets done . Breakfast is very disappointing , the bathrooms didn't smell good..wake up call didn't happen, requests for things like face cloths, bath mats were not followed through..

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank emjaytx
PatricioCarvallo, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mendoza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Guest,. First of all thank you for choosing Sheraton Mendoza Hotel for your recent stay and for sending us your comments. We appreciate your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations this time and rest assured that your comments has been documented and forwarded to the relevant department. If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me, I am here to assist you. Thank you and best regards,. Adriana Forlizzi. Guest Relations Manager. Sheraton Mendoza Hotel

Reviewed March 7, 2014

The Sheraton Mendoza is not only the only US hotel chain property in the provincial city of Mendoza,it is also the tallest structure in the city (17 stories). It is a well appointed hotel with large rooms. The service was excellent and the restaurant nice. It is close to all downtown activities in this city of tree canopy streets.

Room Tip: Any floor above the 10th offers a good view of the city.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
PatricioCarvallo, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mendoza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for choosing us for your stay in our city and for sharing your experience with us.

It is a real pleasure to read comments like yours, we appreciate your feedback.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon in your next visit to Mendoza.