“great location, nice rooms, friendly staff”

Ranked #13 of 84 Hotels in Mendoza
chicago
“great location, nice rooms, friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

we were happy with our stay here. the staff was great and very helpful in arranging a driver to take us to wine country. the location is very close to restaurants and bars but far enough from the busy areas to have peace and quiet. it wasn't very authentic "argentina" but we didn't really expect that of a 2 night stay here, i would recommend this place for a quick trip to mendoza but if you are staying for a week or more i would definitely recommend renting an apartment instead.

the breakfasts were pretty boring and not the most vegetarian friendly but i rarely enjoy hotel breakfasts and people don't usually flock to argentina for it's vegetarian cuisine.

Room Tip: if your bathroom smells funny upon check in demand another - it will stay. we thought the odd smell...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
PatricioCarvallo, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mendoza Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing us for your recent stay in our city and for sharing your experience with us. We truly appreciate your feedback.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Through each comment we receive, both positive and negative, we are able to seek knowledge and growth to better serve our guests. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, it is truly appreciated and I will be sure to share it with my colleagues.

I hope to have the pleasure of having you back here in the near future.

Sheraton Mendoza Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

My husband and I spent a few nights here at the start of our honeymoon in August, and we had a truly lovely stay at the Sheraton in Mendoza. The staff was very friendly and went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed ourselves. Our suite was amazing; it was bigger than our apartment back home! We had an incredible view of the mountains, and one evening we came back to find champagne and chocolates, accompanied by a friendly note of congratulations on our marriage.

The amenities were great too. We spent some time by the pool, which was enclosed in a glass structure, so we could enjoy the sun while keeping warm (remember August is winter for Argentina). Also, we really enjoyed the Club Room breakfast and happy hour.

The location is very good. It's near the major plazas without being in the middle of everything, which is nice because it allowed us to explore some less touristy spots that we might have missed had we opted for a hotel on a plaza.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
PatricioCarvallo, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mendoza Hotel, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing Sheraton Mendoza Hotel to celebrate your honeymoon, it was a pleasure to be part of such an important event.

It is a real pleasure to read comments like yours and I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I hope to see you back soon in the near future.

If there is anything that I can do for you, please let me know, I am here to assist you.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Sheraton mendoza is a good property in a great location, not far from Plaza independencia but not to close in case there's a "protest". Excellent service at the hotel and your usual SPG quality. 2-3 blocks from excellent restaurants, bars, coffee shops.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Sheraton Mendoza Hotel for your stay in our city and for sharing your experience with us.

It is a pleasure to read comments like yours and we hope to have you back soon in your next visit to Mendoza.

New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

The Hotel really lacks in the management area....the staff are very apologetic and kind but nothing really gets done . Breakfast is very disappointing , the bathrooms didn't smell good..wake up call didn't happen, requests for things like face cloths, bath mats were not followed through..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank emjaytx
PatricioCarvallo, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mendoza Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Guest,. First of all thank you for choosing Sheraton Mendoza Hotel for your recent stay and for sending us your comments. We appreciate your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations this time and rest assured that your comments has been documented and forwarded to the relevant department. If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me, I am here to assist you. Thank you and best regards,. Adriana Forlizzi. Guest Relations Manager. Sheraton Mendoza Hotel
Smithton, Illinois, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

The Sheraton Mendoza is not only the only US hotel chain property in the provincial city of Mendoza,it is also the tallest structure in the city (17 stories). It is a well appointed hotel with large rooms. The service was excellent and the restaurant nice. It is close to all downtown activities in this city of tree canopy streets.

Room Tip: Any floor above the 10th offers a good view of the city.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
PatricioCarvallo, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mendoza Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for choosing us for your stay in our city and for sharing your experience with us.

It is a real pleasure to read comments like yours, we appreciate your feedback.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon in your next visit to Mendoza.

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

I found that this hotel has better value compared to other Sheraton hotels. Built recently, large space in the room, good facilities and large lounges, and in a quite central location. If you are SPG preferred member (especially Platinum), you really can enjoy the elite service (e.g. Being a platinum member, I could get a plate of cheese and a bottle of wine as a welcome gift).

I failed to stay in Park Hyatt, but I did not regret to choose this Sheraton hotel. I recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Mountain room to avoid strong sun lights
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
PatricioCarvallo, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mendoza Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Mendoza Hotel for your stay in our city and for sharing your experience with us!

It is a real pleasure to read such a good comment from one of our guests, our goal is to read comments like yours from every guest that visit is. We appreciate your loyalty as a Platinum member and we are glad to know that you felt it.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Mendoza Hotel in the near future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is an alright hotel. Rooms are well equipped and furnished however there are a number of "buts" depending on your personal travel requirements.
TV - no English language at all.
Location - if you are in Mendoza for the wine and fine dining then this hotel is in the wrong location. The best restaurants a clustered on the other side of the main square meaning they are all a good mile walk away. There are other hotels more favourably located.
Breakfast buffet - terrible for the money. Better go to a local cafe for a better experience. Should a Sheraton serve orange squash instead of juice?

On balance it's an ok place, but consider what is important for you in advance.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Sheraton Mendoza Hotel for your recent stay and for taking the time to send us your comments.

I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations, I would like to take this opportunity to apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay.
Rest assured that your comments regarding the TV not available in English and the breakfast buffet not meeting your expectations has been documented and forwarded to the relevant department, we will be definitely looking into this.