“Reliable, as always”

Ranked #13 of 84 Hotels in Mendoza
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Reliable, as always”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Nice hotel, predictable servive, very clean
Concierge was very helpful with us, re. Places to visit, eat,etc.
Got upgraded at no cost, and breakfast was delicious, with a superb view of Mendoza and the Andes
Enjoy ! Moro

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The Hotel has very good instalations but got to admit that service is totally inapropriate for a Starwood and should be far from calling itself 5 stars. Checked in and realized my room had no robes, sleepers, shaving and dental kits and when called the FO to request it, I was informed that is only for Club guests (are you kidding me? regular rooms cannot brush teeth then?). In the end I upgraded and it took more than 1 HOUR until i get the requested stuff (Is that hard to get a robe and sleepers?!). Staff can´t speak english at all... I asked them to called the travel agency to book my tour because i have tried before and nobody would speak english either... and instead of doing it for me... they connected my call (if i want you to connect my call I wouldnt ask "Can you do me a favour calling this number and speak to them to book my trip, cuz I HAVE TRIED BEFORE and they cant understand!!!". Food and Beverage service is a mess... all the outlets have 1 staff only and they cannot cope with the volume obviously, besides the fact I have NEVER seen one Manager around, even when i complaint about the dish i have been served.
In the end I have to admit that i chose Sheraton because Park Hyatt was fully booked, but next time i will wait until Hyatt has availability, Sheraton Mendoza never again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank David P
Brantford, Canada
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Did not sleep at all for the 3 nights I was here thanks to the rock hard bed and paper thin walls. The hotel seems to cater to groups and families with small children. The first night there was a group leaving at 4 in the morning and they were replaced by a family with small children that cried on a regular basis and could be heard all night long. Trying to resolve anything with the front desk was met with a stone cold sorry, cannot help you. Even when I asked for assistance in mailing a post card I was advised to find a post office, no directions or suggestions on where one might be.
Breakfast was basic and the pool was over run making a relaxed swim or laps impossible.

The biggest joke was their offer of a 20 peso coupon to use at the adjoining casino. They did not advise it would take you a couple of hours to get the credit after standing in line at the cashier only to be sent back to the reception where 5 of the 6 staff were in front of the counter kissing customers and chatting rather than assisting those of us who joined the line before thier friends arrived.

I loved Mendoza the destination and would definately return but never again to the Sheraton.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank sandrapauwels
PatricioCarvallo, Gerente at Sheraton Mendoza Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Sandrapowels,

We are very sorry to heard that your experience in our hotel was not totally pleasant.
Your feedback always help us to improve our service and quality, looking to provided you of a unique experience. That is why we will thanks you, if you kindly send us your contact so our associates can learn more about the issues that you encountered during your stay.

Best Regards,
Somerset West, South Africa
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Staff is nice & helpful, but I had zero advantages of being a Starwood Preferred Guest member and got one of the less nice rooms (I know this because of colleagues, NOT SPG members, who got much nicer rooms). The windows in the room were filthy, no bath robe, plenty of things you expect in a hotel of this standard were missing like a room service menu, a bottle opener, a bath robe or even more basic how about body lotion and/or shower gel? Or a waste basket in the bathroom?
What I also found weird is that my room had no day curtains. As people from the pool terrace looked straight into my room, I was forced to keep the "big" curtains closed in bright daylight in order to have some privacy.

There was one plastic laundry bag which I used for -you guessed it- laundry which was delivered timely. However I then decided I needed more laundry done, unfortunately the plastic bag & laundry order form were never replaced so I just kept my laundry for the next hotel on my trip.

There was no option to change money at reception (the first time in my life to be honest I was at a hotel reception that could NOT change money, and I travel a lot!), they sent me to the casino instead. The casino is the saddest place you've ever been to, crowded by obese people spending all their savings in a zombie like state stuck to their one armed bandit machines...anyway, trying to talk to the cashier (not easy with the music volume!) I got my dollars changed for an incredible rip off rate, and no receipt possible, great, my company will just have to believe me then.

Upon check-in they give you two vouchers (total 40 pesos) for the casino, so just for fun I wanted to try my luck and mingle with the obese crowd but to no use, at the casino they first told me it wasn't possible, and after a long debate they only wanted to give me the value of one voucher, so by then I couldn't stand the noise volume anymore anyway so I just left.

Trying to eat something became a challenge. As mentioned earlier the room service menu was non existant, so I went to the sad lobby bar. Again the noise volume was intolerable, with the added bonus of having two songs, of two different music styles, being played at once (one from the bar area and one from the lobby). Hell.
I ate half of my -horrible- pizza and went back to my room.
Won't be back, thanks. However the hotel is close to our office and the gym/spa is good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The rooms were decent and clean. The staff was helpful and polite. The food was very good. The location is very close to town centre. I found out most businesses (shops etc.) do not open until 4 pm, so no shopping until then. I took some wine tours through this hotel and it was very good. Note: Bring USD cash to pay for tours as they charge you service charge if you use credit card or room charge. I found people here are more tourist friendly as most people I encounter spoke english. Check out was a breeze and helpful to get me back to the airport.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelinTwinkie
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The hotel is well situated downtown making walking in the center very easy. The rooms are very nice. The staff speaks English and are very helpful. The breakfast is great and included. The fitness room is outstanding. So is the pool area!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains. The view is beautiful.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Porto Alegre
Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed at Sheraton for four nights. The rooms are very good, modern, with enough space. Very good bathroom, although we had a problem with the hot water (for three day, just warm).
The service disapointed a little. We had a very delayed flight, and even them knowing our group of 10 were arriving very late, no pre check in was done, with just one slow guy on front desk.
The breakfast has a lot, but nothing looking really yummy.
Would go back, just hopping for a better service.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business