“Good views!”

Sheraton Mendoza Hotel
Ranked #14 of 84 Hotels in Mendoza
Reviewed October 29, 2011

We are SPG platinum members so do our best to stay at Starwood properties. This Sheraton is good. Not great. The facilities are ok, but not as good as other Sheratons. We had a very nice view from our room of the Andes. Make sure you ask for a room with a view. The hotel is in the City and we did several wine tours that were out of the city in Valle del Uco.

The experience was fine. It is a typical Sheraton. We prefer W or Westin but this was the choice in Mendoza.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kate R
PatricioCarvallo, Manager at Sheraton Mendoza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Dear Kate R,

Thank you for your comments and review of Sheraton Mendoza Hotel.
With the intention to visit us soon, I send my cordial and respectful greetings.

Patricio Carvallo

Write a ReviewReviews (1,361)

Reviewed October 21, 2011

They have rooms with mountain view - a great scenario! The hotel is well placed in town, with a short walk you arrive to nice restaurants like Francesco or Grill Q. Sheraton Mendoza is comfortable and well equipped - swimming pool, sauna, two restaurants and a bar. The only complain is the anachronistic choice to charge for wireless internet - everyone else gives it for free.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Marcelo N
PatricioCarvallo, Manager at Sheraton Mendoza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

Dear Marcelo N,

I appreciate your comments.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

I stayed at the Sheraton Mendoza while on a tour of Argentina that included both large hotels and small hostels. I am also a frequent business traveler and SPG member. I really enjoyed this hotel. It, was clean, the decor was up-to-date and the staff was very accommodating when we changed our travel plans. I was upgraded to a 2 room suite that had nice views of the mountains, a large, beautiful bathroom, and very up-to-date decor. I did not eat at any of the hotel's restaurants, but did enjoy the concierge lounge, which was very nice, although lacking a good view. The staff was very prompt whenever we made a request (ice, wine opener etc.) The location is great - within a few blocks of the plaza, and close to lots of restaurants and travel agencies for booking wine tours. There are also taxi's out front to take you to other locations in the city. Avoid the city buses in Mendoza as they require exact change (very hard to get) or a specific pass (unlike buses in other parts of Argentina) Overall a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
PatricioCarvallo, Manager at Sheraton Mendoza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Dear adrock821,

Thank you for your review of Sheraton Mendoza Hotel.
I hope you visit us soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 8, 2011

While it is a chain hotel, it had a little bit of boutique charm, a perfect central location and really comfortable rooms. The food and the breakfast were pretty good, too! However, do yourself a favor, and take advantage of the opportunity to walk around the neighborhood and visit some of the local cafes. You won't regret it. The city is a diamond in the rough.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Dear LIquidLIvingEditor,

Reviewed September 23, 2011

The room is nice, and there is a FANTASTIC, kind bell man here to help you. But, we've had lots of issues - for one, there is no ice (when we called, they said they'd bring it up to us...that was three days ago and still no ice), no iron and freezing cold showers. Not up to expectations for a SPG property. I'd give this the lowest ranking if not for the sweet bell man - he really was kind and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ElizaSpence
PatricioCarvallo, Manager at Sheraton Mendoza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

Dear,

Thank you for your comments and review of Sheraton Mendoza Hotel.
We apologize for the inconveniences you suffered during your stay and I can assure that those things are not representatives of our service and culture standards.

I am at your disposal

Reviewed September 10, 2011

This is a great hotel.

A frequent business traveler, I stay in many Sheratons across Argentina (the 2 in BA, Cordoba and Mendoza). This Sheraton is on another level of quality, facilities and service.

They also treat memebers of the SPG program very well.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
PatricioCarvallo, Manager at Sheraton Mendoza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

Reviewed August 25, 2011

The rooms were excellent and the pool area fabulous. Mendoza has a lot to offer beyond the pedestrian mall. Go and explore!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
PatricioCarvallo, Manager at Sheraton Mendoza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2011

Dear "GlobalguyOttawa",