“Consummate Host”

Modigliani Art & Design Suites Mendoza
Ranked #32 of 84 Hotels in Mendoza
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I was in Mendoza over the New Year and stayed at the Modigliani and had a wonderful time. It's a perfect place to stay at if you're looking for a break from the hotels or B&Bs; perfect for longer term stay as it is outfitted with a kitchen complete enough to give you a break from eating every meal out including locally roasted coffee, plates, utensils, pots etc. There is even a large patio to have breakfat or to drink a nice Malbec. It is located in midtown, so it is well situated.

The best part of the experience was meeting Martin who took such good care of me. Even when I was no longer staying at Modigliani, he had great suggestions of places to go for dinner, coffee and even arranged my Andes tour. I felt like I was staying with friend who could share his favorite places in Mendoza.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, you should ask to stay off the street.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I spent three nights hereIn a late December. It exceeded our expectations. The room was large, modern and comfortable. It had little touches that made it feel like home (such as a jar of excellent coffee!). and at the location was ideal! On a side street, so quiet. But only a few blocks from the center of the city

But what made this place special is the staff. Everybody was incredibly helpful in helping us plan our vacation and make our stay special. In particular, I want to thank Martin for not only his help, but for his conversation--- I learned more about Argentina and Chile from my talks with him, then anyone else in our three-week trip! Also, Gaston deserves special mention. He was great!

Jackie

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed at Modigliani Art & Design Suits for 4 days in november 2013. We had a wonderful time in Mendoza and Modigliani was a big part of that. We first rented on the first floor, facing the street. That apartment was nice, but mediocre in price quality ratio. After that apartment we moved to the third floor, also streetside. This apartment has a huge balcony and we stayed on that balcony except for going outside, to sleep and the bathroom. If available I would recommend this apartment. Regardless what apartment you choose, the staff of Modigliani is their USP. They have helped us with getting around, explaining the public transport system (chipcard), giving restaurant tips and what to do advice.

If I go back to Mendoza, I will for sure visit Modigliani again.

1  Thank Arthur_Wetselaar
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Martin and his team were ready to great me with maps and information about the area restaurants, events and general information I needed to make my visit a great success. Overall the suite was much larger and more than I expected while located conveniently in the center of Mendoza a short 8 blocks from Azafran where I had a lovely wining and dining experience on the night I didn't want to cook my meal in the well stocked kitchen in my suite. Shopping, the tourism info center and loads of culture were a short easily navigable walk away. My bed was comfortable and well, I don't think there is anything that could have made it better. Being an early riser I went to bed early and found the street noise was somewhat noticeable but nothing the air conditioner fan and earplugs didn't drown out.
I highly recommend staying at Modigliani Art Suites in Mendoza where a lovely bottle of Malbec is awaiting you. Thanks for everything, Martin!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MClarke116
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Nice place, excellent location, kind and helpful owner.
We stayed here four years ago and even though the price more than doubled during this time, upon arrival in Mendoza we decided to stay again.
The studios are nice, apart from the bathroom which is extremely small, there is enough space.

2  Thank PnONL
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Great location! Interesting architecture for the building. Martin, the owner and host, was very helpful and welcoming. There were several small decks that were lovely for an evening wine before heading out. We would stay again.

Room Tip: We chose an upgraded room and happy we did so. It was still not that big. I would worry the standard...
1  Thank Lolafin
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had a perfect time at Mendoza staying in Modigliani Suites, largely thanks to the staff! They went out of their way to help us find fun things to do (like biking, rafting and of course wine tasting) and help us plan our trip further.

The apartment was great, nicely decorated and clean. The road next to it was a little noisy, but not a problem at all. Location was good, just a few blocks away from the main Plaza Independencia and a 20 mins walk from all the bars.

Highly recommended!