“Amazing”

Francis Mallman 1884
Ranked #18 of 572 Restaurants in Mendoza
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Incredible setting, attentive and perceptive staff, sensational food. This restaurant has it all. Wonderful atmosphere, tasty food. These guys catered effortlessly to my friend who was a celiac vegan (!). For the rest of the carnivores at the table, we were well catered for and the food was perfect.

This place is a little hard to find / get to (taxi is good) but so worth the effort. One of the best in Mendoza without a doubt.

Visited February 2014

• Greek first
Salem, Oregon
“One of the best dining experiences of my life!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

My visit to Mendoza, Argentina was crowned by dining at 1884 on our last night. To describe it as an exemplary overall dining experience is an understatement. We came to this restaurant with the expectation that it was highly rated and worth every peso but we were not prepared for a meal prepared by a world class chef and an atmosphere that is beyond amazing. Pulling into the guarded and gated restaurant creates an atmosphere of mystery. Reservations are mandatory. One is greeted by name and led to the loveliest setting. I won't describe the wonderful culinary delights as the anticipation of each plate is the best part. You cant make a wrong choice on the menu just be sure to order their house Malbec created at their own winery on sight. We love to joke that only in Mendoza will you find the wine the least expensive thing on the menu. The service is another level of excellence. Not hovering just there exactly when you want something. My review could have been summed up in one word. WOW!!

• Visited February 2014
North Vancouver, Canada
“If you are in Mendoza this is a MUST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have been here twice now and they have the BEST Empanadas and the burnt fruit for dessert is something I still dream about...so simple and delish.

• Visited September 2013
Paris, France
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Average homemade style food. The restaurant itself is quite nice, but the service...the guys are trained somehow but create an ambience which is negative. A behavior of spoiled waiters in a 5 star restaurant...no charm at all, the contrary. We were there with a group of 10 people and all were disappointed.

• Visited December 2013
Parkland, Florida
“ADD ME TO THE TERRIBLE COLUMN”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Went only because I was told not to miss it in Mendoza. While impressive, for size, location & open kitchen,there were 2 lights out on the ceiling & I never did see what was on my table. Only 2 other tables occupied @ 9:30 pm. The wait staff seemed harried & was always rushing to an island in front of me to replenish or pick up. When I asked my waiter if they had any half bottles of wine available, he laughed like I was an idiot for asking. They have 4 or 5 wines total by the glass--certainly not impressive for a supposedly upscale restaurant. He poured me a glass of water, but failed to inform that water service is 25 Pesos--so I paid about $3 for a sip of water! I ordered a full bottle of Malbec with no help from anyone & it turned out OK. I drank about half-- what waste. I tried a rib eye steak rare supposedly cooked on the barbeque--took at least 30 minutes. I t was tough, fatty, poor taste--served on a crispy thin pieces of potato in sort of a flan--the outside pieces were good but the middle became soggy with meat juice & totally useless. There were 2 flies hovering around my steak--not very appealing. I ate about 2/3 rds of it.The breads were good--but, no olive oil, butter or whatever. My conclusion: a screwed up operation & not worth the money or effort.

• Visited February 2014