“Average old Hotel in Mendoza”
Review of Hotel Niventus

Hotel Niventus
Ranked #79 of 84 Hotels in Mendoza
Miami Beach, Florida
“Average old Hotel in Mendoza”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I went to Mendoza (what a great city !!) with my sons to the Argentina vs South Africa rugby match... and of course most 5 * Hotels were sold out.
This is the typical old Argentinian City Hotel from the sixties... I'm sure that at that time was great.
They need new beds, carpet an TV set in the rooms.
The staff was nice and well trained to answers like:
Q: There is no hot water at my room
A: Yes, we know... people this days are taking long showers !!
Q: The internet is not working
A: Yeah... all guest are complaining. Have no idea why is not working !!

Still a good location if you forget to reserve rooms in advance...

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the street... better no view than traffic.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Florianopolis, SC
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Nice frontdesk/service (city tours and infos), room ok but a little older and a bit small for a couple - an older hotel at all. Breakfast is just ok. Guess you can something better in Mendoza for the same price. Great city!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Was trying to save up so decided to stay here. Already read some reviews before checking in, so not entirely shocked. Fortunately had hot water, and room is not as dirty. Did not want to try their blanket though.
Funny enough (and yes actually quite funny in retrospect), when the staff showed me the room when I checked in, he turned on the air conditioner, and right away the switch fell off! He was embarrassed and tried to convince me the other switch still worked, and I could simply unplug when I don't need the a/c. I asked for a new room but he did not understand. I then complained to the front desk. He seemed to understand, and took my room number. But surprise surprise, nothing was fixed after I spent a whole afternoon out!
I decide to stay one night only (paid for three nights already) and fortunately i found another much nicer (though much more expensive) hotel. Asked for refund when checked out, and staff was very kind enough to try that with my agent - that's a real compliment to them on this.

• Stayed July 2011

Travelers are raving about these Mendoza hotels

quebec Canada
Reviewed April 6, 2011

The rooms are very dirty, no hot water the tv did not work, we asked to look for it and they did not bother.I do not recomand this hotel

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lilasquebec
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed March 27, 2011

All I can say is, the rooms are really really really dirty. The travel officer at my company accidentally booked one night and I must say, it was a blessing in disguise. My wife and I tried to stay as long as possible outside of the hotel even when we were dog tired and needed a bed. The windows were covered by storm shutters except for a small 5 foot high 2 foot long section they left open.

Couldnot reach the internet from our floor. had to go to the lobby for the wireless access.

My advice... no go.

The staff was nice and very helpful.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank dellyjm
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed February 12, 2008

Our tour group stayed at this hotel for three nights from Jan. 2 to Jan 4, 2008. The tour company advertises that the group would be staying in "simple hotels". That's what we had here.

The advertized rate for a double is $37.00 so bear this review with that in mind.

Our room was on the seventh floor accessed by an elevator so small that only one person with their luggage could go up at once. The room itself was small as well, the bathroom even smaller. Both areas were "well lived in" - a little frayed around the edges however they appeared to be relatively clean. At least we noticed nothing remiss during our stay. Both the TV and A/C were operative.

Breakfast was served in a little lounge area on the main floor and it was fairly standard fare. The lounge is also licensed in the evenings.

Little English was spoken by the staff we encountered and at least one party in our group had some issue with treatment but I can not elaborate on that, not being the snoopy kind.

The bonus, it is right downtown in the heart of the action, a short walk to the main park. It is surrounded by shopping facilities of all kinds. Restaurants and pubs are just around the corner as are banks and internet cafes. It is convenient.

All in all, I would call this a hotel at the "basic" level with enough amenities to elevate it to perhaps a 2 star ranking. And that is exactly what one should expect for the price!

• Liked — Convenience, price
  • Disliked — Small living quarters, wear and tear
  • Stayed January 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)